Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Red face Current State of WOD

I think WOD brings nothing new just like mop. Yet they think we are going to keep paying. I was against mop in the beginning yet bought it for some good features. However they have been slowly destroying wow as we know it. We expect them to bring out team play and some awesome abilities and new classes. Yet they ruin the game with garrion followers and some so called new abilities. I think what wod should bring is

-more team play based on abilities like warlocks in raids summoning a huge summon to hold on a boss
    -mage getting arcane form and allowed to suck int power from the people around the raid as we know
    -new item types with high risks
    -necro mages
    -dk having power to summon the old death bosses from grave and put their abilities to use

there are tons of ideas to throw down and good lores to take the story up ahead yet they really are ruining the game we all once loved.
    Last edited by bilkenter; 2013-12-28 at 07:29 PM.

Deleted
    First of, don't speak for others. You don't know what every player wants, I personally am satisfied with what wow offers.
    Secondly, you speak of how the developers are destroying the game without any elaboration and then you propose what? Two random additions for mages and two random ideas without any explanation.
    And how are garrisons going to ruin the game?

Quote Originally Posted by bilkenter View Post
    I think WOD brings nothing new just like mop.... I was against mop in the beginning yet bought it for some good features.
    Obviously if it didn't bring anything new, you wouldn't have bought it unless you're the kind of person who wants to complain for the sake of complaining. Nothing else needs to be said when you contradict yourself in your first three sentences.
    Last edited by Sillysauce; 2013-12-28 at 07:45 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't you just wait for beta then judge? Also how does WoD bring nothing new? And how on earth does garrisons ruin the game? Sure some might consider it mandatory ever since blizz said that it will play a huge role in WoD, but it's really not that much if you think about it as soon it will be just like the farms in MoP.
    Last edited by enchanted; 2013-12-28 at 07:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you should wait until you actually get to experience it before you judge it. You don't know nearly enough about how everything will play out to make any kind of informed decision.

mage getting arcane form and allowed to suck int power from the people around the raid as we know
    Please no.

Deleted
    I can't take this topic seriously, sounds like the OP is 15 and thinks it's cool to hate the game.
    IMO - your ideas suck, and I'm happy with the direction the game is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    First of, don't speak for others. You don't know what every player wants, I personally am satisfied with what wow offers.
    Secondly, you speak of how the developers are destroying the game without any elaboration and then you propose what? Two random additions for mages and two random ideas without any explanation.
    And how are garrisons going to ruin the game?
    ok for the all of the people that commented;

if you all people are happy why does wow lose subs for quite a while? Something must be wrong in game development for which people are quitting. I think if you have other ideas to throw around i am happy to listen. I just threw a few of mine to indicate how the game experience might be changed. Also it is good to listen some people actually listen hope developers too.

delete this guy's troll post please.

10+ Year Old Account
    -more team play based on abilities like warlocks in raids summoning a huge summon to hold on a boss
    -mage getting arcane form and allowed to suck int power from the people around the raid as we know
    -necro mages
    -dk having power to summon the old death bosses from grave and put their abilities to use
    I'm guessing your main is a mage, and your favorite alts are Dks and Warlocks.

Also - that would break the game beyond repair. Sucking int power from people, and Dk's summoning old dead bosses to fight for them.

Just... no.

I for one LOVE what WoD is bringing. Wasn't a huge fan of MoP, mainly because it started with WAY too many dailies, but it did end on a good note. Garrisons aren't MANDITORY, and Blizz is bringing a new damn difficulty for the true hardcores. If you don't like it that's fine. But don't say they are ruining a game that you don't seem to like currently. I say that you don't like it because you say in your first sentence, "I think WoD brings nothing new just like MoP". Ya. Basically saying the game we have now isn't any different than Cataclysm in aspects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since neither WoD nor the WoD-Beta are even out yet, there is no such thing as a 'current state.' It simply does not exist yet, and therefore you cannot judge.

In my opinion many of the suggestions you made are completely ridiculous, and contradict the spirit of a balanced MMO and of Blizzard's design philosophy in so many ways. DK's resurrecting bosses and using their abilities? Come on.

WoW is not losing subs because the game is bad - in fact, most people that play today will tell you there has never been this much to do at the endgame level of the game. WoW is losing players because people are growing up, and many people don't have the spare time they need to achieve what they want in the game universe.

As already stated speak for yourself. I think WoD brings loads of new stuff i'm exited for, I think you should read again what we get. The things you list would be more appropriate in a single player game, they don't fit wow.

Also imo they have been vastly improving the game since Vanilla not destroying it. Oh and team play, they are bringing this back thanks to mythic mode. We got a new class in mop and we NEVER get a new class 2 consecutive expansions. Where is your evidence garrisons ruin the game? I see no statistics on this.

I suggest if you hated mop and dislike the direction of the game you should look for something else to play.

if you all people are happy why does wow lose subs for quite a while? Something must be wrong in game development for which people are quitting. I think if you have other ideas to throw around i am happy to listen. I just threw a few of mine to indicate how the game experience might be changed. Also it is good to listen some people actually listen hope developers too.
    WoW is losing subs because IT HAS BEEN OUT FOR A FUCKING DECADE. No matter what they do they will continue to lose subs. All the new features in the world won't change that, because the core of the game won't change. If it did it wouldn't be WoW anymore, it would be another game. Blizzard already has other games both in release and production, there is no reason to alter WoW significantly.

10+ Year Old Account

Because they are unsubbing till WoD. Not EVERYONE unsubs because the game is "lolboringstupid gaime." Some people just feel they've accomplished what they've wanted to this expansion, so they unsub and wait till WoD. Have you not seen other forum threads where someone said "I just unsubbed till 6.0, as I'm just bored with MoP currently" or maybe you don't realize that hey - the hype from WotLK died down. WoW peaked then, and it got hit HARD during Cata because the ending was sh*t. WoW still has the most players out of ANY OTHER MMO.

7 million may seem small compared to the 12 million in Wrath, but it's still large compared to other MMO's.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think WOD brings nothing new just like mop.
    I didn't love MoP overall, but there's nothing new in MoP? Ooooook.

However they have been slowly destroying wow as we know it.
    Or....maybe they're reinventing their intellectual property as they see fit.

Also:

Current State of WOD = "In development"

Look, your opinion is fine and there's nothing wrong with wanting some drastic changes and new things, but you kind of sold it wrong. Yeah, this site is a hotbed for people who already unsubscribed and rant on about every little patch note like it really matters to them, anymore; but that doesn't really mean that starting off all negative is gonna get you big support.

Most of what you mentioned doesn't work in WoW as it currently stands and is more suited for DotA-style games. Let's take apart the stuff you asked for and explain why.

The issue with this one is that Warlocks would be mandatory and said boss would specifically have to be designed to be trapped by a Warlock. It could be done in Mythic mode but outside of it, it's a bit of a no-go.

If you mean "remove intelligence from other raid members and use it for yourself" that simply is too much work for such a little gain. It would either skip all Int-users and give only a tiny increase to yourself or include them and give you trolling potential.

Only if they're for specific modes that don't involve teamplay. Otherwise, troll button. Can't strategize around "Billy might use his Wonderbomb and kill us all."

-necro mages
    Hopefully we actually will see a ranged DK spec based on Unholy but with rapid-fire Deathcoils. Until then, not gonna happen.

This is one I'll actually agree with. Warlocks shouldn't be the only ones with skills and talents that give them access to even bigger minions. A DK being able to talent into "Summon Patchwerk/Sapphiron/Loatheb" would be kinda cool.

Deleted

Because every single person unsubbs for the same reason right? People have been constantly leaving wow, it's just that the older the game gets, the less new people it attracts and a lot of older players feel burnt out.
    Of course there are people who left because of game development, but that's only a part of all the people that left.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vightnic View Post
    WoW is losing subs because IT HAS BEEN OUT FOR A FUCKING DECADE. No matter what they do they will continue to lose subs. All the new features in the world won't change that, because the core of the game won't change. If it did it wouldn't be WoW anymore, it would be another game. Blizzard already has other games both in release and production, there is no reason to alter WoW significantly.
    Trust me, your ideas would make WoW lose subs even quicker.

I think WOD brings nothing new just like mop. Yet they think we are going to keep paying. I was against mop in the beginning yet bought it for some good features. However they have been slowly destroying wow as we know it. We expect them to bring out team play and some awesome abilities and new classes. Yet they ruin the game with garrion followers and some so called new abilities. I think what wod should bring is

-necro mages

there are tons of ideas to throw down and good lores to take the story up ahead yet they really are ruining the game we all once loved.
    I agree that WoD needs more new features before it's gonna earn my money, but the suggestions you put out there just really don't seem to fit in WoW imo. People are gonna freak out on me again, but I'm gonna say it... I really think they should put out a new class. I'd also like scalable grouping up (like if a lvl 10 invites a lvl 90 that 90 is scaled down to 10 to quest with him when they are near each other.) Scaled old dungeons and raids, have a que system for this in group finder, and you scale down to it and can clear it with the recommended number of people i.e. 40 Molten core at lvl 60 is back! Yeah, I still want a new class in WoD... Also, make Garrisons account wide or server wide, plus make them have pvp or scenarios incorporated into them as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Trust me, your ideas would make WoW lose subs even quicker.
    Do you have any ideas of how Wow can be saved? Plz share

Expansion isn't even in alpha -> lets bitch about it.