Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    So first he admits that Fists of Fury is a negligable dps increase for the risk it comes with in a pve environment, then goes on to saying that it should be used on cooldown but the "community" is reluctant to do so.

Deleted
    Ye, not everyone has friends online at all times and cap conq that easily. Would love to see some stats on this.

So... DK's complaining about their PvP damage? LOOOOL... go try to play a demo lock instead.
    Or try healer+dk vs healer+lock and laugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    So is Celestalon the new person I'm to hate?
    Yes, that's the go-to guy now.

...oh, the irony.

Deleted
    hm i think the main "shame" here is that they're even not 100% sure on quest events yet, i thought they would've been further in progress in that regard...

hoping to see wod beta still in february, release in april...

10+ Year Old Account

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Allaria View Post
    That's disappointing about Karazan.
    their experiment didn't work, doesn't mean they wont try to achieve the same goal through other means.

Classes
    have you a general team class designer or specific teams per class?
    General. The class design team designs collaboratively, there's no one person in charge of each class. We all work on all classes (Source)
    Do all members play all classes to at least some degree?
    There's not enough time in the day for us all to play all classes seriously, but I think we probably have all at least leveled every class, though not every spec (there are a lot). Personally, I could play any spec at an LFR-sufficient level, 2/3 of them at Normal-sufficient, 1/4 at Heroic-sufficient, and 1 optimally. (Source)
    Is this for real? How can you balance classes that you don't play? How can you attempt disscusion with theorycrafters having minimum knowledge about the topic? Jesus Christ, they should be kicked after such statement....

Quote Originally Posted by Tkaczu View Post
    Is this for real? How can you balance classes that you don't play? How can you attempt disscusion with theorycrafters having minimum knowledge about the topic? Jesus Christ, they should be kicked after such statement....
    It's actually easier to attempt discussion with theorycrafters when the devs have all the numbers and how everything works at the backend. It's just the matter of theoretical values and evidence of outliers. It's harder to compile practical numbers due to player behaviour from different levels of players. That's what betas and focus testing are for.

Well, to be frank, how do Dev teams balance playing every class at max level, having a life and working at Blizzard as a programmer within 24/7? People underestimate the amount of time that can fly by from development cycles, discussions and meetings.

10+ Year Old Account
    So many whiners on here and twitter,if i was a dev i would just mass reply "Fuck off and get a life its just a game you prick". Getting fired would be so worth it.

Is the guy complaining about it taking too long to cap saying that it takes him 2-3 hrs for all 8 toons. Or 2-3 hrs each?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    So many whiners on here and twitter,if i was a dev i would just mass reply "Fuck off and get a life its just a game you prick". Getting fired would be so worth it.
    I would be compelled to agree with you if it wasn't for the single fact that they get my money every month. If nobody gave feedback for dev's their is no way wow would have lasted this long.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always felt WW dps was the simplest outside of CL/LB spam for Elly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TiagoRamos View Post
    So... DK's complaining about their PvP damage? LOOOOL... go try to play a demo lock instead.
    Or try healer+dk vs healer+lock and laugh.
    The DK was complaining about pvp viability, which is a whole other ball game this season with Warriors having more damage, better mobility & 25% damage reduction they can SIT IN when Icebound Fortitude as a cooldown provides only 20% reduction for 12 sec on a 3 min cd.

Ultimately the class is hit hard with poor mobility, paper thin defences, and battle fatigue destroying Anti Magic Shell's usefulness.

So much for revisiting Karazhan.... but perhaps its better to let it stay that way

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's quite sad that WoW's "infrastructure" is so limited and so "unknown", that a game designer has to try it out to find out to see if his idea could be implemented ...

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    It's quite sad that WoW's "infrastructure" is so limited and so "unknown", that a game designer has to try it out to find out to see if his idea could be implemented ...
    Dude what? its nothing like that in the least bit of the sense.

All ideas of any sort and kind need to be tested whether the system is a game, a console, the economy, a simulator or test crash. its an essential part of the creative process.

NO ONE automatically just knows whether something will work or not work or how well it will work. Even stuff you know will work needs to be made sure of and needs to be tested and adapted to know how to include it.

in this matter it wasnt possible to apply phasing to karazhan without rebuilding/recreating the old zone/data. They tested and experimented to see if it was possible but it didnt work out.

" that a game designer has to try it out to find out to see if his idea could be implemented"

Are you reading what you just wrote?