Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I live to tank... warrior for 6 years, paladin for ~3 years, dk for ~1 year...

but because of others in LFR/LFG, i only heal on my paladin now because A: no bitching from others, 2: no bitching from others and 3: no bitching others

For those people (mainly dps) asking why there are no tanks? It's because of you, the dps. Simple as that. Stop making threads or asking where tanks are.

i find it funny when i do a 5man and get those tanks that are like "you pull, you tank." i then tell them they arent needed and continue to pull everything because im fully heroic geared

Quote Originally Posted by kcsaenz View Post
    I left an LFR the other day on my monk because people kept telling me to get "Tank" gear. Yet they were fine with the pally in half pvp gear gemmed full stam.
    That makes my brain hurt.
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    i find it funny when i do a 5man and get those tanks that are like "you pull, you tank." i then tell them they arent needed and continue to pull everything because im fully heroic geared
    Well its been the case from launch due to the "heroics" being so heavily under tuned that you didnt need a tank and in some cases no healer depending on comp. MoP heroics have been a joke from the get go and make WotLK normals look challenging. In terms of end game content, MoP is the first expansion where being a tank or a healer is largely unnecessary outside of raiding and challenge modes. At the launch of MoP the tank role was in a surplus for LFR while later on Blizzard focused non-raid content design on DPS oriented content and here we are with a lack of tanks all of a sudden being wanted again and players refusing to tank and even eat one hour queues than to deal with the harassment. Its not a good thing that players who used to tank and can get instant queues would rather go DPS deal with queues twice as long as that of Cata. LFR was supposed to solve queue problems and not make it worse.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-12-30 at 05:05 AM.

LFR sucks. Plain and simple.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

Quote Originally Posted by Karnige View Post
    they do by far. you tank a lfr and screw up and tell me what happens? dps and healers don't have it even close. especially dps. usually half the raid can stand there and go durrr and still power through it
    Nope. I've tanked more lfrs than I've dps'd this patch and despite my tank being in bare minimum gear and my dps carrying the group, my dps gets flak whereas noone called out my tanking at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Sorry... I'm laughing at the idea that DPS aren't a 'dime a dozen'. Well I guess they're even less than that actually. It's only the moist populated group role by at least twice as many players, right?
    So basically you're saying it's OK to treat part of the game population like rubbish because it's the largest pool of players?

Lots of blanket statements in this thread. I've played since pre-BC and have played all three roles over all levels of content (5 mans, tier raiding, etc). Everyone needs to quit looking at some roles as being more valuable than others. This is the attitude that leads to people thinking they are somehow better than others and can act like total jerks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert View Post
    For those people (mainly dps) asking why there are no tanks? It's because of you, the dps. Simple as that. Stop making threads or asking where tanks are.
    Another blanket statement.

Those being rude within the game community (regardless of role) need a wake-up call and to remember they are playing with actual people, who are in fact allowed to make mistakes or do things differently to how you'd like from time to time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Nope. I've tanked more lfrs than I've dps'd this patch and despite my tank being in bare minimum gear and my dps carrying the group, my dps gets flak whereas noone called out my tanking at all.
    Personally the most flak I've seen given is to DPS and healers. Wipe? DPS isn't high enough! Wipe? Healer's HPS isn't high enough!

The problem with threads like these is that everyone is treated like crap in places like LFR, but if you play a certain role, you're naturally biased to notice more of that role getting verbally slammed in groups. Confirmation bias.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    Maybe you are one of the reasons there are so many "bad" tanks in LFR (or the whole game). How will people learn to tank properly with people like you?

Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    Maybe you are one of the reasons there are so many "bad" tanks in LFR (or the whole game). How will people learn to tank properly with people like you?
    Not against mobs that can't threaten them at all in 5mans, that's for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."