View Poll Results: Is the Monstrous Spineclaw spawn system badly designed?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

168 60.00%
  • No

112 40.00%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    If you're trying to convince me that it's the hardest rare to farm, I'm not sure I can back that. TLPD is even more rare and doesn't share its sloot.

Managed to find a group for the pet (Only for the achievement) a few months ago.

We were around 20 players killing everything on the beach and when one of us get the pet, he'd trade the pet to everyone 1 by 1 before learning it and we were relogging so the achievement would count as we received the pet.

After that we traded the owner the pet back and I went to the AH and bought it for 4k. =D
    Realm First Monk & Hellscream's Downfall

Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    Managed to find a group for the pet (Only for the achievement) a few months ago.

We were around 20 players killing everything on the beach and when one of us get the pet, he'd trade the pet to everyone 1 by 1 before learning it and we were relogging so the achievement would count as we received the pet.

After that we traded the owner the pet back and I went to the AH and bought it for 4k. =D
    They fixed that, it doesn't work anymore.

<Avalerion> - Top EU 6 hours per week raiding guild (14/14HC) recruiting for Mythic!

While working on bigger bag achiev (completed 1 week ago, 370 jakur of ordon kills to sign to drop) i just killed 1 each day took 2min-2h top to spawn one

Sounds like the experience is making you feel kind of... crabby.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

took me over 4000 ( yes, thousand ) crab kills to spawn enough rare versions to get the pet on our dear dead Mazrigos, since nobody else bothers killing them, finally got the pet, and achiv

~Is it Good to be Evil or is it Evil to be Good ? ~

A related question, I'm nearing completion myself but still need the crab pet, is it wise to group with somebody from a very full pve server? As far as I understand the mechanics, having more people on the island lowers the spawn timers of everything, so you'd get more normal crab spawns per hour which results in a higher chance of getting the monstrous spineclaw to spawn in let's say an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    A related question, I'm nearing completion myself but still need the crab pet, is it wise to group with somebody from a very full pve server? As far as I understand the mechanics, having more people on the island lowers the spawn timers of everything, so you'd get more normal crab spawns per hour which results in a higher chance of getting the monstrous spineclaw to spawn in let's say an hour.
    It's a double-edged sword. High-pop server tends to mean you will get much more regular crab spawns for much less personal effort. But you will also find it much harder to actually get tags on each spawn because the damn things have such depressingly low HP they get taken down in a snap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    It's a double-edged sword. High-pop server tends to mean you will get much more regular crab spawns for much less personal effort. But you will also find it much harder to actually get tags on each spawn because the damn things have such depressingly low HP they get taken down in a snap.
    Watching WoW on a second monitor while camping near horde base on a PvE server seems like a safe bet though. The 7 spawns you get there are all close together so hardly any effort involved to tag them.

It took me quite some days of farming crabs to get the pet and it surely is the hardest one to get in the island, but both the Time-Lost Proto Drake and Aeonaxx(Poseidus also comes to mind) are considerably harder to get(if you aren't lucky). I spent 15 days camping almost non-stop for the Proto Drake and 56(yes, 56 days) camping Aeonaxx every time I had available when I was home during the launch of Cataclysm. I missed dungeons, I missed the first raids that my guildies were doing but I eventually got that crazy drake after those 56 insane days I spent in that god forsaken place(and I only got it because a friend felt pity for me and helped me camp and 2 days later the mob spawned in his zone).

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Is looting the pet or just having the pet the requirement for the achieve ? You can cheese Raiding With Leashes by having someone trade you those pets; you learn them, get your achieve, then give the pets back.

I'm guessing looting the pet, unless it's like the only non-BoA pet I've ever heard of.
    It has to be looted, traded pets do not count.
    Same with most of the other requirements, the Elixir/Feathers being about the only exceptions being Bind to Account can be sent from other characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't understand why we don't have flying so they tell us we will have convenient flight points. Immersion and danger? Here take some coins and fly me there while I read facebook or go take a poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Holy crap, I finally got this stupid pet, and the achievement. This was the most boring annoying grind I've ever done for an achievement. Thank god that's over.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    If you're trying to convince me that it's the hardest rare to farm, I'm not sure I can back that. TLPD is even more rare and doesn't share its sloot.
    TLPD and aeonaxx aren't 2% droprates, and I see them all over the place ever since the exploits on how to get them came out. Really devalued them as it made it so easy to get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Nothing weirder about this rare than any rare, how you found this thread-worthy goes beyond me.