Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can this computer use these speakers or should I do something else

Last edited by JustinJgh; 2013-12-30 at 05:36 AM.
    RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes but do you really need 5.1?
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

no those speaker will have an orange green and black aux cable that you would plug into the respective colors built into the sound card. if the picture is accurate then no you cannot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaaz View Post
    no those speaker will have an orange green and black aux cable that you would plug into the respective colors built into the sound card. if the picture is accurate then no you cannot
    Those speakers are built mainly for computers. They are active speakers so they should be fine.

if you look at the picture for the speakers you can clearly see that it has an orange, black and green cable to plug into the back of your computer. if you dont have those inputs on the back of your computer, which you wouldnt if you bought that pc, then you are wasting money on 5.1 that you wont be getting

Will it suck up too much power or should I be good to go?

Don't want it slowing my stuff down

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinJgh View Post
    Will it suck up too much power or should I be good to go?

Don't want it slowing my stuff down
    They have their own amp. Basically you plug the speakers into an outlet and plug in the audio cable to your computer.

- - - Updated - - -

if you look at the picture for the speakers you can clearly see that it has an orange, black and green cable to plug into the back of your computer. if you dont have those inputs on the back of your computer, which you wouldnt if you bought that pc, then you are wasting money on 5.1 that you wont be getting
    What computer doesn't support multiple channels? Even my cheap prebuilt can use those.

Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    What computer doesn't support multiple channels? Even my cheap prebuilt can use those.
    apparently that 700 pos that hes going to buy why dont you actually take a look at the picture of the computer before you answer someones questions about them spending money. That PC has inputs for the green cable only and a headset+mic input as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoops seems like you're right. Just saw there was more pics. Weird even my computer has them.

- - - Updated - - -

apparently that 700 pos that hes going to buy why dont you actually take a look at the picture of the computer before you answer someones questions about them spending money. That PC has inputs for the green cable only and a headset+mic input as well.
    Yeah didn't see there was more pics my bad.

ya i found it to be weird as well tbh if youre going to buy an ibuypower pc just go to their website and customize it, and if youre going to do that id suggest cyberpowerpc they ususally have lower prices. thats just personal preference though

The wattage isn't relevant as AFAIK any set of speakers (definitely 5.1) has its own dedicated power plug. They don't draw power from your PSU.

Only question is the connectors, but they're pretty much universal I think.

Can anyone figure out what the model of the motherboard is? You can check the specs on it to see what kind of audio out connectors it has and compare that to the speakers' specs. Worst case scenario you can buy an audio card and plug it in.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2013-12-30 at 06:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used to Have klipsch Pro Media 5.2 2 subs stacked together 2 10 inch subs on each box 4 subs total 600 watts total or more if remember. The amplifier inside the box is what controls the wattage from connecting to the power outlet. In english terms surround systems has its own power source unless you are using car speakers and a car amp with a power supply then it will be different.

You should get the Z5500 model, if you can still get your hands on them. Probably the best choice I've made in my life.

Crap so what kind of speakers can I use

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    I used to Have klipsch Pro Media 5.2 2 subs stacked together 2 10 inch subs on each box 4 subs total 600 watts total or more if remember. The amplifier inside the box is what controls the wattage from connecting to the power outlet. In english terms surround systems has its own power source unless you are using car speakers and a car amp with a power supply then it will be different.
    Yeah the sub probably has the amp inside and the smaller speakers connect to it. Someone in the comments said it was this one

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Logitech Z906 is almost the same as Z-5500 more newer and not priced at 800$ for a discontinued product. Its not bad it looks nice

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at the specifications it supports up to 8 audio channels in todays standards for onboard audio. 2-4-6 on back 2 in front and 1 plug for the woofer it varies on what audio chip is using. But its rare to find movies that support 7.1 audio or games, You can get what ever speakers you like are you looking for heart attack approved bass or casual speakers?

10+ Year Old Account
    You can still use them but they wont get 5.1 support.

Computer supports bluetooth, what if I did a bluetooth soundbar?

Logitech Z906 is almost the same as Z-5500 more newer and not priced at 800$ for a discontinued product. Its not bad it looks nice
    The 906 model sounds terrible, the sub is useless, it comes with less features and not to mention the overall quality of the item is just bad. There is a reason the z5500 is still going for $800.

The only bad thing Ill say, is about the 5500s little brother, the 2300. The control pods are easily damaged.
    Last edited by Takure; 2013-12-30 at 07:21 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Takure View Post
    The 906 model sounds terrible, the sub is useless, it comes with less features and not to mention the overall quality of the item is just bad. There is a reason the z5500 is still going for $800.

The only bad thing Ill say, is about the 5500s little brother, the 2300. The control pods are easily damaged.
    Sounds great my friend had it for couple years now working like new and super loud still plus the pod is still in perfect condition. But if little kids used it i can see how it would be damaged easily

- - - Updated - - -

Computer supports bluetooth, what if I did a bluetooth soundbar?
    I don't know about bluetooth i never in my life used any wireless products.