Resto off Spec Gearing Question

So I suddenly realized that combined with some lucky (ish) rolls on timeless gear I had enough gear to put together a resto set. And I want to get it in better shape so that when I put flex's together I can take one less healer and go heals when we need it.

I think I have a good enough handle on spell usage and such, but I'm wondering how beneficial it is going to be if I downgrade certain things in order to get more spirit. How about gemming for it? I've been using spirit hybrids for now in order to get at least a bit more spirit, but I didn't think enchanting my chest for it was worth it.

Specifically I'm wondering about my weapon.

Currently I'm using a 528 that has no spirit, and is reforged for my main set.

I got a 502 2 hander with spirit and haste. And while I'm not currently close enough to a bp that I need more haste I'm only sitting at 9k ish spirit and running out of mana near the last 15% or so of bosses in SoO LFR. Is it worth it to take the downgrade on all the other stats merely for the spirit. If it changes anything I'm slow and just got the thing that lets me add a socket to a weapon from the legendary quest and could gain another socket on it.

All around my resto set is at around a 518 ish item level, so as a 3rd healer for that little bit of help that we may need I feel like I have the gear to fill that role if I can get this mana thing under control. Thanks for the advice!

I guess I should ask at what point you guys had enough gear to go to the big break point on haste, I'm guessing I'm really far away from it still though.

Deleted
    Are you using a regen trinket (you can get one from Valor, which isn't great, but it's okay)?
    Are you popping Innervate at 80%?
    Are you using a mana potion every fight?

IMO, 9k spirit should be doable in flex if the DPS is good enough (so the fight doesn't take that long). I wouldn't recommend gemming for spirit unless you are doing everything you can to not go oom and still have problems.

As for the Haste breakpoints, you should be able to get the 3k haste point without any trouble. Only got for 13k when the spirit/mastery/intellect sacrifice is manageable.

Druids really love intellect, so higher ilvl is usually superior to better secondary stats (unless you are talking about 2 ilvl difference and no spirit/crit vs spirit/mastery or something.)

Yes, I'm using a regen trinket, I got one from Timless, I was using the other one as well, the one from the offensive of whoever as well, but I got the bag of hydra whatever, so I'm using that now.

Yes I use a potion, maybe not every fight, keep in mind I'm only doing LFR in Resto at the moment, and sometimes you get groups that you just don't have to heal as much and you are okay, but when appropriate I am using a pot.

I have a hybrid gem of some sort in every socket I think, so my gems are a good 1k if not more of my spirit. So I'm not sure if I want to remove them. Maybe once I'm no longer broke I'll test out both but I'd rather just wait to get upgrades to switch gems over to int or mastery.

Alright cool, I'll probably just ditch the weapon then which is good cause then I don't have to enchant it which would cost 2k on my server.

You are better off reforging gear to spirit and keeping higher Intellect values than dropping intellect and ilevel values to get more inherent spirit.

Use the shado-pan offensive trinket instead of the hydra spawn if you are having mana issues.
    Mew!