Deleted

New to GW2! Got a few questions.

Just bought GW2 and since i've never played GW1 and i havn't really got a clue about GW2 either i thought i could ask a few questions here! I've only been playing for a few hours and i'm currently level 5 on my Sylvari Elementalist

1. I'm an elementalist, Are they any good? I'm thinkin' PVE wise at max level?

2. How does PVP work in GW2?

3. What kind of stats does an Elementalist need for leveling?

4. Any good "Newbie" guides around? (Video series, written guides with pics etc)

5. At what level can i really start doing PVP?

Any tips for a new player would be nice too!

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Yes

2) http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...uilds-and-more

3) Power is your #1 stat. For secondary stats go with more vitality/toughness while you are learning how to survive, more crit/precision as you get better.

4) http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/wiki/newplayers

5) Immediately! You are boosted to 80 with free access to all the stats, weapons, traits, runes, sigils, etc. when you go to Heart of the Mists (pvp lobby - crossed sword icon)

Other tips for new players: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...r-new-players/
    Valar morghulis

I'd change 3) to prec/crit damage instead of power/crit damage

The most important thing you need to know is that damage is your best way to get survivability. The shorter time enemies can hit you the bigger the chance you'll survive.
    Depending on the weapon of your choice (you either go staff or dagger/dagger for leveling) you'll want to adapt your playstyle, staff is the general AoE and kite weapon while d/d is more of a guerilla hop in and out play style. You use water attunement to heal regardless of weapon.

As for 1) they are wanted because they have insane amounts of DPS (personal) + they give lots of might and fury (team buffs) if you play scepter/dagger.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Deleted
    One & two combined.

A few nerfs too many have made Elementalists almost a waste of a player slot in the battlegrounds that other classes can fill in much easier.
    It`s been months since there`s been an Ele` in any tournies that did anything other then die super fast, which just makes them res-bots for the enemy players.
    Hell, even in the PAX-debacle, their Ele` had to roll a Warrior instead of using his main.
    Grouch (Josh Davis new to anet) did post in Ele` forums that they`ree having another look at Ele`s, but anet have said like-wise for around a year now, whereas they more often then not nerf things impressively wrongly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnurf View Post

4. Any good "Newbie" guides around? (Video series, written guides with pics etc)

1. Sure.
    2. There is structured, tournaments, private, mini game and asymmetrical 3 faction PVP.
    3. Whatever you like. Stats are the same for all classes.
    4. I don't know.
    5. Level 1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnurf View Post

1. PVE they are the best in my opinion. One of the top damage dealers and alot of utility. In structured PvP not so good.

2. There are 2 ways you can pvp:
    Structured PvP: Instant Level 80, Almost every skill (some are banned/changed), Every Rune, etc.. Basically everything. What matters is skill and class balance.
    World vs World vs World: 3 Worlds (Servers/ Realms) compete in 4 enormous maps for objectives and a "castle" for a week(?) giving bonus to their server depending on their performance. You are scaled to level 80 but you keep your gear, skills and traits.

There are some mini games you can queue in Lion's Arch like a "hunger games" mini game, a race, a kind of rugby(?), etc..

3. Power > Precision > Crit Damage > Toughness > Vitality

4. For What? Leveling guide for Elementalist? If you want a nice website with alot of guides about everything GW2 search for Dulfy on google

5. Structured at level 2 (after the tutorial mission). World vs World i don't know but i think you can go at level 2 too but since you won't have any skills/gear i don't recommend it. Unless you just want to explore a little just to see how it works.

Newbie tips from a noob xD

Deleted
    Not sure if it is everyones opinion, but I find ele to be the hardest class to play, may want to take that into account as its your first character. They are fun though, and pretty much closest you can get to playing a 'support' class, if you like that sort of thing.

Deleted
    The other disadvantage of maining an Ele` is that they`re the most manic button mashing fun, Engie second place. Anything played after that just seems boring hehe

Is it just me or is questin really confusing? I am absolute confused on how to play this game, im a level 2 necro. and just spam things without any clue as to what Im doing.

well there is no traditional guidance like in other mmos. Look for the renown hearts, work on completing them and in a lot of cases events will start to emerge in those areas. Also look for the scouts (npc's with the telescopes), they will tell you what the local area is about.

What I like about GW2 is there seems to be really no wrong way of leveling. I went from 1-40 in WvW, 40-45 just doing some zone completion and farming mats, 45-60 crafting 2 professions to 400 (with a booster) and now I'm at 74 pretty much doing the class quest line I never did. I really like how I can just do what ever the hell I want.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.