Poll: How many girls you know in real life & have meet with, that plays World of Warcraft?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Do you know a girl from real life that plays World of Warcraft (And has not..)

Do you know a girl from real life that plays World of Warcraft (And has not put you on /ignore list)?

Yes a couple, but why is the second part relevant?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Umm..plenty of girls in my guild and my GM is a girl as well. But I really don't care if they are a guy or girl when I play WoW, as long as they are respectful and have fun in game. I don't play the game to hit on girls.

I don't understand the intent of this thread. Is the OP implying that girls playing WoW is a rarity or something?

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Umm..plenty of girls in my guild and my GM is a girl as well. But I really don't care if they are a guy or girl when I play WoW, as long as they are respectful and have fun in game. I don't play the game to hit on girls.

I don't understand the intent of this thread. Is the OP implying that girls playing WoW is a rarity or something?
    Maybe if you read the OP's post, you'd understand this thread, seeing as obviously you didn't.

OT: I used to know one, but for now, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes... And what the hell is the 2nd part meant to mean? are you some kind of creep?

My old raid team was 8/10 females with the other guy being a BF and I was just a random tank they picked up while looking for the final spot.

Anyway the title should be "Do you know someone from real life that plays World of Warcraft". What does it matter what sex they are?
    Aye mate

We are not a rarity. The OP probably has never met one irl... I also know quite a few girls who play WoW.

IMO this thread is silly and useless. In WoW, I'm not a girl, I'm a Night Elf Balance Druid!!

Deleted
    I knew two once, they're not playing anymore though.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkinfinity View Post
    We are not a rarity. The OP probably has never met one irl... I also know quite a few girls who play WoW.

IMO this thread is silly and useless. In WoW, I'm not a girl, I'm a Night Elf Balance Druid!!
    You are a Night Elf Balance Druid in real life too? If not That's off the topic, stick to the topic thanks!

Yeah. I've come across a few guys that have put me on their ignore list. It's like they think they're self entitled or something. Who knows. It's probably mostly because they're male.
    Raaaa!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play the game to hit on girls.
    This is what I can't understand.. Do people really do this? I even met some of my old raid team when I was in their city visiting my brother with just the idea of meeting up with some friends I played wow with for years. I had absolutely no plan to "hit" on them.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    I do know some girls IRL who play, but my god are they ugly. I also don't like talking to them because they talk way too much about WoW or throw in random internet references while they open their mouths.

Girls and WoW doesn't match for me, so I try to stay away from them. However I do wonder, what has the ignore list to do with all this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snugglees View Post
    Yeah. I've come across a few guys that have put me on their ignore list. It's like they think they're self entitled or something. Who knows. It's probably mostly because they're male.
    Or they just didn't like you?
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    This is what I can't understand.. Do people really do this? I even met some of my old raid team when I was in their city visiting my brother with just the idea of meeting up with some friends I played wow with for years. I had absolutely no plan to "hit" on them.
    People stop treating me nice when they find out I'm a guy IRL (((
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    Maybe if you read the OP's post, you'd understand this thread, seeing as obviously you didn't.

OT: I used to know one, but for now, no.
    I'm asking the intent of the thread, especially his second statement, seeing as obviously you didn't understand my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Snugglees View Post
    I think I know why it's happening to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    I've seen some guys who continuously go batshit crazy about females in guilds. Consistently. I don't understand it.

Females in general in a raid atmosphere can be fine. (I currently raid with 3 or so right now in a 25 man, which isn't really very many, but probably more than most guilds) But guys in an officer position that want to invite females to raid based solely on the fact that they're female, even if they're complete shit at the game? That's the part I REALLY don't understand.

It's like they're the loneliest nerd I've ever seen, and they think it's going to get them laid.
    Last edited by Daerio; 2013-12-30 at 11:59 AM.

Deleted
    Yes. I'm female, I know a lot of girls IRL who play WoW. No one has ever put me on their ignore list that I'm actually aware of, male or female. Although like others, not really understanding the connection / relevance.

Nop, though I do know alot of girls that play League of Legends.

Deleted
    My wife, my daughter, a few guildies (at least their vent voice is female...O.O), so really I know about 6!

10+ Year Old Account
    there must be a point somewhere, but i couldn't find it.

anyway, yes i do know 5+ females that play wow and no i am not in their ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by MissMin View Post
    My wife, my daughter, a few guildies (at least their vent voice is female...O.O), so really I know about 6!
    I had a guildie once who sounded like the queen, I went through the run and when something dropped just said "I don't need it, let her have it", and he flipped at me about how he is male.

He was an officer too. Good times.

And I remember raiding briefly with a 12 year old who some people mistook for being female.