Poll: How many girls you know in real life & have meet with, that plays World of Warcraft?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know a girl IRL that plays on an RP server. Most of her characters are Blood Elf guys, lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I married one =)
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

Deleted
    Including myself I know about 20 girls who play

This is one of the creepiest posts.... what is up with that part in parenthesis? O.o

Half of my RL friends play wow, estimating conservatively. Many of them female, myself included. As far as I know I am probably only ignored by those I ignore, which I prefer. I ignore people when they annoy me, creep me out or piss me off. If you're being ignored by girls, maybe you should consider how you're talking to them and look to see if there's a significant pattern.

My girlfriend plays lol.

If you know them IRL, what did you do to get put on their ignore list in-game?

I know plenty of women who play WoW, who are friends of mine IRL (also myself), and I very very rarely have to single someone out to ignore them.

Need some back story OP!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oddest thread I've seen in awhile.

Several.

The desire, as a female player, to ignore people in WoW is very easy to understand. The amazing amount of creepy horseshit that female players have to put up with in WoW is insane. I actually once had to kick an officer out of a raiding guild that I was in during BC because he was harassing a female member for not spending more time on vent with him. Actually it's not just WoW, the amount of stuff that females in general have to put up with is actually kind of scary. I kind of wish that men could spend one day out in the world as a female and I think their perspective on the whole "zomg oversensitive females!1!1!" thing would change drastically.

I know several. My gf plays. My mom does too.

I know one, but I knew her at least 6 months, maybe a year before I found out. She asked me to look at her laptop (computer problem) and I found the shortcut on her desktop. So maybe there are other girls I know that play but I just haven't found out about it.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I know a girl from real life that plays Starcraft 2 on Diamond as random. And she is also hot. And she doesn't have a boyfriend.
    Oh please don't stop - continue. She's a nympho who is into kinky stuff, can outdo a professional whore and she is totally not fixated on commitment. She has no relatives alive, she's rich and lives in a mansion all alone asking you to come live with her and she will pay for everything so you will not need to work.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Seven View Post
    Do you know a girl from real life that plays World of Warcraft (And has not put you on /ignore list)?
    All the guys I've played with have never been on my ignore list. Most have not acted in a way that would deserve it. And fortunately the random weirdo once in a while has not lasted long so I didn't bother...

I mean it's not like we go "Omg a guy playing WoW?? BLOCK!!!" Don't act weird or in some uncalled for/uninvited way and it prob won't happen...

As for how many fellow women I know or have known on there... plenty enough.
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2013-12-30 at 10:05 PM.

A colleague of mine at work was formally a WoW player. She claims she doesn't have time for it anymore ever since she got promoted to a more senior position (and I'm obviously very happy for her).

I knew one girl a while ago that played. She was the stereotype to a T though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knew some but they all have me on ignore. Like that is really gonna stop me, though. lol
    Look! Words!

The women I know who play WoW are all married, myself included! I guess we were a good catch.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Came up with at least 3 off the top of my head.

I'm not a creep, so they don't have me ignored.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Seven View Post
    Do you know a girl from real life that plays World of Warcraft (And has not put you on /ignore list)?
    What the fuck is this thread about?

I have met plenty of girls in WoW, they usually fall in love with me very quickly when they realise how fabulous I am. I once joined a Guild and after 2 raids with them they promoted me to GM... some people whispered my "wow, this Guild is so lucky" others "goodluck oh greatone" and then one asked "aren't you a little embarrassed?" to which I replied "are you serious? lol!".

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I've known loads of girls in WoW. As former GM of a 25 man heroic guild for 7 years, I was the recruitment officer aswell.
    Seven years ago was vanilla and 40 man raids. No such thing has heroic yet.

- - - Updated - - -

And on topic, yeah I know a few, they are lesbians, play on a different server than I do, and are cool people.

Yes, a woman I work with is heavily into MMO's. WoW is her main one.

What a strange question. Wow players are about 40% female, its not like there are very few women playing. Do you now 5+ guys irl who play wow?

If anything I'd say while you probably know women who play wow, you're less likely to know that they do (hell I'm a high school teacher - but I'm pretty sure none of my students would ever guess I play wow or lol). The whole 2nd part of your question (re ignore list) should give you a hint of why they aren't as comfortable discussing it with anyone and everyone. I wish we'd get over treating it as this strange/unusual thing for women to be doing.