Question Generallaws andnatureofplaying a characterin in World of Warcraft.

There some generallaws andnatureofplaying a characterin in World of Warcraft.

Some girls play male characters,
    Some boys play female characters,

The nature of this is clear - some play their character (as they see themself, "THE HERO") then will play the gender of what they see themself as, male or female.

Second is, those who does not see their character as a character they are, not the hero, they see the character in 3rd person view as "someone else" a "tool" for their purposes, PvE\PvP - meaning gender is not a meaningful choice beside being something pretty (something appeal to them).

Third is, randomness and careless where the player doesn't simple not care what gender, as long it's playing the game and having fun.

Just want toenlighten the community as you got +42 pages of "why boy play girl" ^_-

Is your space bar broken?
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Samaramon View Post
    Is your space bar broken?
    No, it's a phone

10+ Year Old Account
    So why does your totally unique perspective and 'enlightenment' warrant its own thread? Just post your 'answer' (read: obvious interpretation of observed fact) in the thread where the 'question' (read: shameless drama-stirring attempt) was asked.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    This thread is going places.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Seven View Post
    There some generallaws andnatureofplaying a characterin in World of Warcraft.

Some girls play male characters,
    Some boys play female characters,

The nature of this is clear - some play their character (as they see themself, "THE HERO") then will play the gender of what they see themself as, male or female.

Second is, those who does not see their character as a character they are, not the hero, they see the character in 3rd person view as "someone else" a "tool" for their purposes, PvE\PvP - meaning gender is not a meaningful choice beside being something pretty (something appeal to them).

Third is, randomness and careless where the player doesn't simple not care what gender, as long it's playing the game and having fun.

Just want toenlighten the community as you got +42 pages of "why boy play girl" ^_-
    It is, however you look at it, a video fantasy game.

Besides the gender, there is also something else: the different races, other than humans.
    What will we think about those players who donot play a human?

Can we assume that all players who think they are their chars, play only human?
    Because I don't think all those players really think they are a cow/bull, wolf, troll or whatever.

Off course this is how I play this game.. this is just a game and I can choose from different cool-looking races.
    Whichever I find to my likings, i will play.
    I choose the gender based on what I think looks better from my perspective and I don't really care what other thinks about that race/gender/customizations.

So in this way all players choose on their own ideas.... I don't believe we can say anything about those choices cause they are personal.

And if some player goes online to hit on a girl.... well think about it. What will you gain if you manage to sweet talk a character which doesn't exist?
    You can better go out irl and hit on a real girl.... sounds better, right?