Free Company Housing - Easy way to raise money

I thought the prices of housing were absolutely crazy when the patch first hit but now I don't think it is such an incredible hurdle.

Depending on your FC size it is incredibly easy to raise money for a house and you only have to do one activity - Treasure Hunting

My FC is only around 10 people but 2-3 times a week we go out and do Peisteskin Treasure Maps as a group.
    - Maps spawn on level 50 gathering nodes with an 18hr cooldown (1 per day basically)
    - You can only decipher one map and hold 1 other so you may need to mail them to a designated member to hold them all

Each member in the party gets Gil for each map either ~1600 or ~5000 and random crafting, shards, and sometimes drops (mid 40s armor, crafting, minions)

We do 2-3 maps each, takes around 1 hour and yields between 300 and 400k just in Gil that we throw in the bank. We also have members throw the HQ materials and any good crafting drops in the bank to sell as well which usually nets 50-100k per evening.

We have gotten rare minions as well which sold for ~1 million on market.

So my tiny FC with only 8 people spending 3 hours a week working on this gets ~1 - 1.5 million gil towards our house.
    We didn't start doing this until a week after the patch hit but we have already raised over 3 million Gil from treasure hunting.

Multiply this for FCs with > 100 people and you can see the incredible amount of money this is pulling into the economy and the reasoning behind the insane prices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem is, the price will go down as those mats and minions gets higher and higher in supply, and less and less people will be willing to pay for them (those who willing to pay would have got them now or soon), so in the long term it isn't really good money maker.

What WOULD be good though, is practice Primal Extreme now and try farm it with 7 people. Titan Hard back in the days can easily sell for 1mil per run, and that is like a faceroll now and still sell for a good 200k. Extreme Primals can drop ilvl 90 accessories, weekly quest for ilvl 90 weapons (many of them better than relic +1), there should be many people willing to pay a good price for it if your FC can farm it with a booster. I am thinking should be rather easily 2mil per Extreme given that they can have the ilvl 90 accessories as well. So 1 chain of 3 Primals is already 6mil (or 5mil if you give discount for all 3), plus other activities as well, should make the 300mil much easier to reach (and I heard they are reducing the price too).

The Gil never goes down for a group of 8 people its a free ~1million gil per week.
    The HQ mats and Philo Mats that drop still sell decent and will continue to I would imagine though.

As far as boosting goes the % of FCs who would be able to boost all 3 extremes is really really small at this point. Only 1 on Leviathon is advertising it currently and there are several turn5 guilds on the server.

Titan HM never sold for more than 400k on my server and that was a huge bottleneck for some people to getting their relic so their was a huge market for it.

Also the market for extreme primals is not there, all the rewards can basically be acquired with Myth tomes. The only extreme worth farming for some classes is Garuda for a second iLvL 90 ring and that is the easiest of the 3 and dependent on RNG.

Raising Gil is not as hard as most ppl think. I alone got 5 mil gil in 2.0 with ALC alone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dunno what your server is like, but the market board is almost non-existant here. You CAN sell stuff, if you're lucky and dont get undercutted and dropped 50% price.

Also, peisteskin map armor drops convert into Materia IV

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    Also, peisteskin map armor drops convert into Materia IV
    The drops ive seen are all just pink Atheriel drops. Are you saying that these have a 100% chance to convert into materia 4? Cause I find that hard to believe.

Any ilvl 45+ item can convert into Matera 4 since 2.1 and ilvl 55 greens have a higher chance than before,.