Announcing! TWP - Resto Roundtable 4

Hello Trees!

Since it's almost beta season, that means it's time again for another session of our Roundtable series. This time around we'll be starting with Restoration at 10:00 PST (13:00 EST, 18:00 GMT) on Saturday, January 4th. Who will be our guests?

• Arielle - Host and Moderator
    • Jarre - Blogger at Rank 4 Healing Touch. Heroic 25m Raider with Captial Vices.
    • Hamlet - Druid Trainer, Current Author of Treecalcs.
    • Sodah - Reigning World 3v3 Arena Tournament Champion.
    • Beruthiel - Blogger at Falling Leaves and Wings. Heroic 25m Raider with Skunkworks.
    • Doomsen - Multi Season Resto Druid Gladiator from EU

As before we will talk about the current state of Resto Druids, what the panelists would like to see changed, talents, glyphs, and tactics to use in both PvP and PvE. As always we'll close with an open Q&A session with questions submitted by the community.

Do you have a question you'd like to have the panelists discuss on the show? Post it below!

tier 4 and 6 talent choices.
    glyph of healing touch vs anything else. (not the obvious ones efflorence and wild growth.)
    the state of mushrooms

PVE: Amount of smart-heals and gameplay quality relation. Do smart-heals in current state increase fun of healing?
    PVP: Healer fragileness. What's the golden mean of healer fragileness from unbiased point of view?
    Last edited by mmokri; 2013-12-31 at 02:08 AM.

PvE: It seems we always end up back at rejuv spamming towards the end of the expansion due to excessive spirit etc. Any ideas on how to prevent it? It's pretty iconic for us to constantly be casting, which I really enjoy, but my poor rejuv keybind is getting soooo worn out. I don't want to see direct casting being too heavily relied upon. The amount currently seen with OoC procs is just fine. Maybe allowing LB on a few targets? (3..but damn you PvP >: ( ) Wild growth getting stronger?
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

I suppose you could all spend a minute laughing at how bad Nourish currently is and how there's no reason to ever cast it. Or discuss ideas for reducing druid button bloat. We have lots of spells that fill similar niches.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    I suppose you could all spend a minute laughing at how bad Nourish currently is and how there's no reason to ever cast it. Or discuss ideas for reducing druid button bloat. We have lots of spells that fill similar niches.
    Don't really see how resto has button bloat... They've talked about removing nourish/heal/healing wave etc. on twitter too so is that not enough? idk

PvE: Is Genesis worth using in its current incarnation? What about WG being stronger if it's cast on a target that doesn't allow for 5/6 to be affected by the spell?
    PvP: Symbiosis too much of a game changer?

Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    Don't really see how resto has button bloat... They've talked about removing nourish/heal/healing wave etc. on twitter too so is that not enough? idk
    Healing Touch, Lifebloom, Rejuvenation, Regrowth, Wild Growth, Swiftmend, Nourish, Nature's Swiftness, Wild Mushroom, Wild Mushroom: Bloom, Symbiosis, Wrath, Moonfire, Entangling Roots, Displacer Beast, Typhoon, Incarnation: Tree of Life, Mighty Bash, Nature's Vigil, Rebirth, Dash, Stampeding Roar, Might of Ursoc, Barkskin, Ironbark ... And I'm probably missing one or two. That's 25 different buttons for us to push.

I'm not saying that I dislike having those buttons -- it gives me options for varying situations. I've become so accustomed to this toolkit that I don't know what I would like to remove. To say, however, that we don't have ability bloat is silly. In order for you to bind all of these keys to your keyboard alone, you would need to bind your "1" key through your "=" key, along with a "SHIFT" modifier for all of them and a "CTRL" or "ALT" modifier for one other. Oh, and I forgot Tranquility.. make that 26 and an additional keybind.

On topic ... I'd really like to see what their thoughts on Haste in the upcoming expansion are, and how they foresee our gemming. I ask because my recent thoughts have me switching from Alchemy to Blacksmithing in order to gain two extra gem slots (apparently a huge advantage) for additional Haste socketing and more HoT ticks.

EDIT: Genesis.. 27 buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by bclumas View Post
    Healing Touch, Lifebloom, Rejuvenation, Regrowth, Wild Growth, Swiftmend, Nourish, Nature's Swiftness, Wild Mushroom, Wild Mushroom: Bloom, Symbiosis, Wrath, Moonfire, Entangling Roots, Displacer Beast, Typhoon, Incarnation: Tree of Life, Mighty Bash, Nature's Vigil, Rebirth, Dash, Stampeding Roar, Might of Ursoc, Barkskin, Ironbark ... And I'm probably missing one or two. That's 25 different buttons for us to push.

I'm not saying that I dislike having those buttons -- it gives me options for varying situations. I've become so accustomed to this toolkit that I don't know what I would like to remove. To say, however, that we don't have ability bloat is silly. In order for you to bind all of these keys to your keyboard alone, you would need to bind your "1" key through your "=" key, along with a "SHIFT" modifier for all of them and a "CTRL" or "ALT" modifier for one other. Oh, and I forgot Tranquility.. make that 26 and an additional keybind.

On topic ... I'd really like to see what their thoughts on Haste in the upcoming expansion are, and how they foresee our gemming. I ask because my recent thoughts have me switching from Alchemy to Blacksmithing in order to gain two extra gem slots (apparently a huge advantage) for additional Haste socketing and more HoT ticks.

pretty much only frost dk and bear have fewer than that... and I'm guessing u didn't bind a bunch of stuff or just forgot things like soothe and faerie fire, Anyway, what to remove and the past mentioning of nourish is a good idea and the idea of removing raid debuffs anyway would be a good topic eliminating 2 very situational spells that aren't much fun anyway. I just don't have the feeling that it's flooded with spells, relatively.

I think resto fleshed out well this xpac overall and was hoping Blizzard's vision/gameplay for the class remains very similar to how it is now. Interested in mana changes and toning down disc

Quote Originally Posted by bclumas View Post

you don't need binds on all keys, also you can macro some of them together, usually the healing touch only gets used together with NS, now you use it outside of it too. thats one less key, nourish isn't used at all one less key, entangling roots not really a good idea to use in pve, otherwise its a click button, now we have cut 3 buttons. SotF has been the best in most cases so usually one less key there, might bash can be used as a click button one less, I use rebirth on a click button too (personal preference.) stampedeing roar click button, dash either bound in cat form or click button. might of ursoc click button. Typhoon can be put on one of the less used buttons..Also pot can be used as a click button, or can be macroed in with another button like hotw, innervate or Nature's vigil.
    Moonfire doesn't need a button for itself, though wrath does as its intended to be spammable, though not necessary if you are going with nature's vigil.

ofc this is accounted for PVE only though.
    so we are down to 17-19 considering you didn't count innervate or the dispel.
    the 9 left over are click buttons.

personally might be a few too many I use 6 keys on my keyboard 1-5 + v and 7 keys on my mouse. So I somewhat agree on a bit too many things, but I do good with what I have, and will probably add some keys on my mouse or keyboard if I feel like next expansion.

For blacksmithing it will always be a decent profession, it will never be the worst one, it usually is above average, and gives you lot of customization, and for resto it's currently BiP, proccs are useless for healing, lifeblood is an extra key (usually macroed in) and really isnt that worth it, can be combined with BL and berzerker for a great efflorence. While all other professions provide 320 intellect on average, the 2x secondary stat is stronger currently, and BS can also have 320 intellect, so as long as BS gives 2 sockets it will be in a good spot. Also something I find annoying with alchemy is that you usually go with the spirit flask early expansion, then go over to int as you get enough spirit, maybe as soon as first tier hc gear. while the 640 spirit from BS outperforms the 480 from alchemy (and the lack of customization from alchemy is a bit annoying you can't go with int flask and get 480 spirit, or spirit flask and get 320 int.). I have both alchemy and BS, simply because I am cheap and I like the 2 hour flasks and I feel alchemy is decent enough.

as mr. Usesomethingelsethanysera'sgift was saying you forgot sooth and faerie fire, but they can be on click buttons as they are very situational, and can be moved if you need it during progress. racials needs a spot too though.

Deleted
    Healingtouch!!

Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    Regrowth, Nature's Swiftness and Swiftmend (SotF aside) all fill the same niche of "quick direct heal". Healing Touch is virtually never used unless Nature's Swiftness is up, and there's no particular reason why you couldn't use NS+RG. Nourish is never used at all. There's definitely a lot of bloat when it comes to druid direct heals. You could remove both Healing Touch and Nourish and a few months later people wouldn't even remember they ever existed.

Ironbark and Barkskin are also pretty much the exact same spell, except one is self-only and one is targeted. You could easily remove Barkskin and give Ironbark two charges, and not much would change in PvE.

I'm curious about what more experienced raiders have to say on the topic. Either way, it's just a suggestion.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Um, have you ever used it? I stopped playing resto since wrath, but I never even see druids use it.

Maybe talk about the the changes to mushrooms and ask them how they like it.
    Last edited by apepi; 2014-01-01 at 07:59 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose