Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

DERP Hacker group

There is some serious shit going on right now involving some kind of hackers and a streamer on twitch named Phantoml0rd

"A hacker group called DERP has intermittently taken down multiple gaming sites and servers today. Riot Games' League of Legends servers took the brunt of the attack, as the NA/EU/OCE servers have been down for a good portion of the day, as was the LoL website and forums. The group also managed to take down the Dota 2 servers for a while, as well as Club Penguin, Battle.net, and EA.com."

Phantom wanted to get in contact which basicily made him the target, it ended with
    "just had an automatic pointed at me, put in hand cuffs and sat in the back of a cop car as I watched as 6 policemen go through my whole house.. will keep you all updated."

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/12/3...gaming-servers
    https://twitter.com/DerpTrolling
    http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege..._discuss_here/
    http://www.twitch.tv/phantoml0rd

Edit: If ure looking for info on what happend the reddit link above got some good ones of when Phantom got involved and when he talked with them.
    Last edited by Spoonman; 2013-12-31 at 02:13 AM.

They are not hackers, they just do what everyone does - send TCP packets...
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Targeting gaming sites is pretty low grade "hacking", boring, uninspired and lame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was wondering why league stream had 200k viewers on a Monday..... So he gave attention to hackers buy streaming him talking to them and then got Swiftyed( Cops being called on him) basically?

script kiddies are not hackers.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    There is some serious shit going on right now involving some kind of hackers and a streamer on twitch named Phantoml0rd
    DDoS isn't "hacking", and it requires exactly zero skill. These shits are nothing but a bunch of dumb script kiddies thinking they're utter geniuses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Script kiddies with a large botnet to ddos with is not hackers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    DDoS isn't "hacking", and it requires exactly zero skill. These shits are nothing but a bunch of dumb script kiddies thinking they're utter geniuses.
    Well im just quoting the article on IGN tbh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    They are not hackers, they just do what everyone does - send TCP packets...
    Unless you pull the same shit on a large scale like this I'd stop pretending to be a know it all...nobody likes a smartass, it's widely known then just guessing someones password is calling hacking nowadays.

That said, I'm interested in the motivation behind the attack. I never support hack attacks, but sometimes I can understand their thinking when they have a somewhat decent motivation.

I'm betting half the people claiming these "hackers" are kiddies don't even know what they are talking about and just copy/paste whatever they have read since that last "hacker" group...I can't remember their name. :P A criminal is a criminal, no matter how much skill it takes.
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2013-12-31 at 01:52 AM.

Hey guys did you know that DDoS isn't hacking? I only say that because I wasn't sure 6 people on the front page saying the same thing was enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    That said, I'm interested in the motivation behind the attack.
    He was in a public group and no one was mid.

Deleted
    That said, I'm interested in the motivation behind the attack. I never support hack attacks, but sometimes I can understand their thinking when they have a somewhat decent motivation.
    http://i.imgur.com/6Jx6nt8.png

10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty hilarious. Props to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

DDosing isn't hard but not getting caught doing it to big companies can be, it's amazingly annoying anyways... I was going to play some duo ranked in league and the queue was taken down after the very first game <.<

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Hey guys did you know that DDoS isn't hacking? I only say that because I wasn't sure 6 people on the front page saying the same thing was enough.
    You said WHAT?!

Even though Phantoml0rd claims he does not SUPPORT their intentions as I understand it, I believe he'll be in for a little shitstorm the coming days/weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Krudor View Post
    You said WHAT?!

Even though Phantoml0rd claims he does not SUPPORT their intentions as I understand it, I believe he'll be in for a little shitstorm the coming days/weeks.
    https://www.facebook.com/PhantomL0rd...83219238431562

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krudor View Post
    You said WHAT?!

He, apparently, already has.

Welp. Wells was faster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I'm not up to date, what am I missing. Looks like a pretty normal chat to me.

Deleted
    I'm not up to date, what am I missing. Looks like a pretty normal chat to me.
    PhantomLord is the guy this DERP group/wtv targeted, because he had a lot of viewers at that moment. The others are the ones that belong to DERP I guess, and the BITCOIN MAN said they did it 'for the lulz'. So, there's the reason.

It was unwise of him to give them the platform he did.