Poll: which hand do you use?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

shaking hands with your left or right hand.

which hand do you often use to shake your hand with? I heard shaking with left hand could be disrespectful don't know why. but I always shake with my right hand.

Do you feel offended if someone trys to shake their hand with their left hand?
    Last edited by want my Slimjim; 2013-12-31 at 02:38 AM.

You couldn't ask this in the other thread?

It's a right hand dominated population.

Your left hand is your dirty hand. By that if refers to the days of no toilet paper.....

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    You couldn't ask this in the other thread?

It's a right hand dominated population.
    Screw you right handers. I'll shake with my left whether you like it or not!
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    Right hand ofcourse! Isn't that like one of those unwritten rules that everyone should know by default?!

Hand shaking means nothing to me so I just go along with whichever hand the other person chooses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking as a lefty, shaking with the left hand has nothing to do with being left handed.

That's like choosing to hit the gas pedal in your car with your left foot.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm left handed and always shake hands with my right.

Most people are right handed, thus shake with their right hands.

Even if someone were left handed, if they saw a right hand outstretched already, they would likely shake with the right hand to reciprocate.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Speaking as a lefty, shaking with the left hand has nothing to do with being left handed.

I think it's more likely that you end up shaking with the right because it's more convenient to most others, or they already initiated. I find it very unlikely that it has nothing to do with right-hand dominance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cdmcg View Post
    Your left hand is your dirty hand. By that if refers to the days of no toilet paper.....
    Thats just Nonsense Btw

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post

100% agree. Wanting to shake with left hand just because you're a leftie will just make you seem weird.

Lefty here. I naturally tend to offer my left hand but almost always correct myself and end up using my right one when it comes to shaking hands.

It's funny because I have a friend who's lefty as well and he behave the same as me, and when we greet, we both offer the left-hand, and correct in the process and end up shaking our right hands XD. As you say, it's a deep commonly spread unwritten rule.

Shaking hands was usually done with both hands right hand with your left over it, to show you were unarmed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Does it really matter? If you iniate a left hand shake do you think someone is going to get mad over it?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

As a lefty, i always shake with my right, mainly because I just assume most people are right handed. Hasn't failed me so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Despite being left handed, I use my right hand unless the other person initiates the hand shake with their left hand.

Deleted
    Right hand.

I'm left-handed. Assuming someone will telepathically know you're a leftie and going in with your left just makes for an awkward moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    It's rude to many cultures to offer your left hand for a handshake.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Lol, yeah usually the left is offered when the right is unable to shake. Probably has more to do with about 90% of the population being right handed than anything else.
    The left hand is for wiping your ass, so you shake with your right because it's cleaner.

Left hand is the wiping hand from days old (or from present day if you still poop in a hole)

Right hand ftw

Left hand stinky
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do." --Oscar Gamble 79 Yankees