Need a new headset, decent, but budget

I'm on a budget of about 50$ for a new headset.

I've had the same microsoft headset I got at best buy randomly for 30$ 2 1/2 years ago. Its lasted me until now, the headset is now starting to give and my friends are telling me I'm starting to go quiet randomly.

Online shopping is an option if that helps. I'm honestly not sure what headsets are good & cheap, but I don't want a CHEAP headset. It annoys me when my friends have one because you can always tell because its really fuzzy noise and it gets choppy and its intake is really bad.

USB is a must as well. USB headsets in my opinion have always performed better.

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    USB is a must as well. USB headsets in my opinion have always performed better.
    I'm not trying to be an ass, but your opinion is 100% wrong. USB audio devices don't take advantage of the audio hardware you have, they use your CPU. You know that expensive audio card or really good on-board audio chip? Yeah, not doing anything.

Deleted
    Plantronics GameCom 780 it's an extra $10 but I don't really see much else in that price range worth mentioning.

Deleted
    Well, since USB headsets have performed better I assume your audio hardware isn't good.

USB basically means that the headset comes with its own sound card, which while better than many integrated circuits, is inferior to anything decent.

Do you have a desktop computer? If you do, get a hold of Xonar DG sound card and this headset. If not, this should work nicely as an external sound card, even if it is more geared towards music production. You also need an adapter for the microphone.

Anyway, I am aware that those options blow your budget. But I can't really recommend cheaper headsets. You could buy headphones and mic separately (for example superlux hd 681 evo with zalman zm-mic1).