Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewbacka View Post
    I have been playing wow for 9 years, and it's been just to boring as of late.I lost interest in pvp and raiding, all i do now is do my auction's and log out.Thankfully the d3 xpack is soon so i wont be bored for long
    Honest question here: D3 is already out now. Why is the xpack going to change things so completely that it'll fill some void that exists now that D3 doesn't? I realize this sounds snarky - the xpack sounds good, but not "now I don't have to play MMOs anymore" good.

Quote Originally Posted by Multibocks View Post
    If it launches anything like its current beta iteration then you can count me out. Boring beyond anything I can describe. I felt no reason to log in after a few weeks.
    I'm sure that part of the reason for this is that the beta is weekends only and the last one was in November.... That being said ESO is certainly more of a challenger than Wildstar is the game is much better

Quote Originally Posted by Kagecamia View Post
    People seem to think that just because a new MMO comes out, it will be the WoW killer.
    I see folks claiming that others are saying this.... but you almost never read someone actually making that statement. Odd, isn't it?
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion
    Plox. I got your plox right fucking here. - Animalhouse
    I still prefer seeing Thrall rather than blood in my urine, that doesnt make him a good character. - Verdugo

Quote Originally Posted by Angrybathtub View Post
    I've heard from many beta testers that TES is utter garbage.
    SPOILER ALERT: It is

I am reluctant to go into details, but its bad, probably going to be one of the worst launches since SWTOR

All I'm going to say is that I wasn't impressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekkers View Post
    WoD is by far the worst expansion they have ever released. Every aspect of the game is going in the wrong direction. Hoping they will correct their mistakes with the next expansion but I doubt it.

Yeah, its not great. It will be a distraction for some much like swotor was, but like swotor, will lack staying power.

WoD expansion boss, Medivh! Calling it now!

I kinda wonder if i was playing the same game as you guys in the ESO beta based off your reactions i was not

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    I kinda wonder if i was playing the same game as you guys in the ESO beta based off your reactions i was not
    Well you are located at 123, Nowhere, Imagination land, USA.......

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    So your saying tv adverts have 0 effect on sales of products? mmk
    I'd say the % of WoW players who joined because of TV ads is pretty low.

Anyway, false dichotomy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    Well you are located at 123, Nowhere, Imagination land, USA.......
    Least i have a location.... your just a bot

Anyone counting on ESO or Wildstar to save them from their MMORPG slump will be disappointed. Neither game is anything special IMO and at most will only suck up a month or two of everyone's time before they go back to WoW (or quit MMORPGs altogether).

Hopefully someday a developer will finally figure out what makes a good (modern) MMORPG and make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    Anyone counting on ESO or Wildstar to save them from their MMORPG slump will be disappointed. Neither game is anything special IMO and at most will only suck up a month or two of everyone's time before they go back to WoW (or quit MMORPGs altogether).

Hopefully someday a developer will finally figure out what makes a good (modern) MMORPG and make it.
    I quit WoW awhile ago... and i know for a fact that i will spend quite a bit of time in ESO

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    Can you guys show me the stats on gw2's low playerbase? Genuinely interested as so many people seem to think the game is low on players even though there is constantly a queue to get into the event zones.
    Maybe GW2 doesn't have great servers, hence why there's a queue.

If 100 people want to do an event, it may cause a queue, but it certainly doesn't mean the game is swimming in players.

As for player numbers, they bragged when they had sold 1 million copies, bragged when they hit 2 million copies, bragged with they hit 3 million copies...and they haven't said a word about sales since, meaning sales likely haven't hit 4 million yet. Even if you pretend for a minute that every single person who bought the game is still playing, you're still dealing with HALF the amount of players WoW has...and the fact of the matter is, a lot of people who bought the game AREN'T still playing it.

And one last thing about perception-let's say a game has 500k players(SWTOR has this many or more, and it keeps getting tossed around as a "failure" in this thread afterall). That's not a huge number of players, at least by WoW's standards. But if the game has 25k players or more logged on at any given time, it's certainly going to seem busy and active to the people playing it(like SWTOR and Rift alway do when I log on).
    Last edited by Stormcall; 2014-01-03 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    Some people in the video industry seem to claim it'll most likely also get a PC release. Some youtube game (p)reviewers also claimed this. Obviously we won't know for sure until Bungie confirms it officially themselves, but most people seem to be convinced that more than likely it'll be released on PC too.
    You could seriously give a septic tank a run for its money. "Some people" "seem to claim"? Which people? How do you "seem to claim" something? You state that we won't know for sure until an official announcement, but that didn't stop you a few posts earlier from stating that Destiny was going to be a later PC release. Is that how you "seem to claim" something as fact?

Of all the people posting in this thread, almost every one of your posts reeks of self-important, vapid bullshit. You aren't "in the know". Just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Taojnhy View Post
    You aren't "in the know". Just stop.
    This is where we'll have to disagree then. You seem rather uninformed and not very up-to-date about the movings and shakings of the video industry, and with that your opinion is very suitable for this thread, as it's a load of ignorant opinions. There are 5 major MMO releases planned for 2014, most people in this thread only seem to be able to name two at best.

But at least you're getting some points for not pretending to have played ESO beta and claiming it's bad like the others who posted extraneous and unfounded replies so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    This is where we'll have to disagree then. You seem rather uninformed and not very up-to-date about the movings and shakings of the video industry, and with that your opinion is very suitable for this thread, as it's a load of ignorant opinions. There are 5 major MMO releases planned for 2014, most people in this thread only seem to be able to name two at best.

But at least you're getting some points for not pretending to have played ESO beta and claiming it's bad like the others who posted extraneous and unfounded replies so far.
    ESO is awesome!

also what are the other 2 mmo's? i know of Everquest and wildstar but what else is there

The problem with new MMO's that have come out (some that have been very good) is that it's very hard to gain and keep a fan base. IMO, that's what it really boils down to. If you can't gain and keep people, it isn't going to survive long.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    ESO is awesome!

also what are the other 2 mmo's? i know of Everquest and wildstar but what else is there
    ESO, Wildstar, Destiny, EQN, WoD

Edit: Maybe Star Citizen..... maybe

Wildstarr looks like utter rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    ESO, Wildstar, Destiny, EQN, WoD

Edit: Maybe Star Citizen..... maybe
    i wouldn't count WoD since its just an expansion and Star citizen.... I'd be surprised if its in beta by christmas