Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateista View Post
    you're so wrong with that 40 man statement that it hurts.
    Please elaborate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post

3. Wildstar

Yep, another new MMO game, coming out in spring. From what I've seen so far it looks really promising. It's made by Carbine (quote from Wikipedia):

Will they make a successful MMO? We have to wait and see but of course this means that WoW subs will go even more down.

So what are your conclusions? Is WoD going to bring millions of players back to WoW? Or at the end of 2014 there will be less than 5 millions subscribers?

Dicuss.
    None of those 17 Employees work their anymore, majority of them left back in 2008-2010 apprently the Wildstar we have now is the reboot of what they started, Kevin Beardslee & Tim Cain were the heads on the wildstar project & left several years ago.

Its all a hype tool.

you're so wrong with that 40 man statement that it hurts.
    I dunno 40 man raids are kind of dated now. It was cool when Blizzard did it to slim down on the EQ raid numbers. Now it's just a cluster fuck to properly balance everything so you don't end up with gimmicks or even worse unintended bugs. You really think a company needs to hire 40 people to make sure everything works right or have employees that could be doing something else joining the test team with their various skill level to find stuff?
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2013-12-31 at 04:34 AM.

Oh another one of these threads lol.

Idk why people would like wildstar, it doesn't thrill me at all. I think the young kids will like it though. lol @ wowkillers. EoS I'm going to play along side WoW. Even if ESO still seems like a singler player, at least it's a single player you can play with other people lol.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. No new content until spring/summer
    2. The Elder Scrolls Online
    3. Wildstar
    So what are your conclusions? Is WoD going to bring millions of players back to WoW? Or at the end of 2014 there will be less than 5 millions subscribers?
    1) This sucks but it's not as bad as you think. As we've already established and the poor horse has been beaten to death so many times, the majority of WoW's instability was in the Asia region. This is due to the game's age, the different and fiercely competitive market in which F2P MMOs actually have some sort of quality standard and are worth playing. Unlike in the west where the vast majority of F2P MMOs are terrible. Things have been relatively stable in the Western regions. Not peachy, not gaining anything, but the losses have been small in comparison. It's not just because of the different population sizes, the Asian bleed off was absolutely massive. They'll lose some subs from the content gap, but the number will be much smaller than anything we've seen before.

WoD will bring some people back, a very small number of new people in, and the game should remain fairly stable. It's not going to break any records, but WoW is in that period of it's life where stability is good and the best that can be expected. We will never again hit peak numbers. The only way that Blizzard could likely hit those numbers again, and very briefly, is if they made the game F2P. TBQH I'd really rather they not go down that road.

2) As someone else pointed out, TESO will ride the franchise fan train pretty hard and have a good start. Much like SWTOR. Then very likely because it's a very generic MMO people will lose interest and fizzle. Like SWTOR.

3) I don't know if the WildStar NDA is still in effect or not, so I'll assume it is, play it safe, and just say the following in the most mature way possible as someone that was very very very very excited about the game: ROFL. Take that as you will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Art3x View Post
    I am not impressed with Wildstar...
    This recent Closed Beta, I havn't been impressed either its like they removed all the fun cool stuff from the last CBT.

My interest as disappeared alot the past month. People are hyping up the game so much saying its this amazing game, yet it really isn't all that amazing I really like it & find it interesting, but that is it. its is a decent game & could be a small niche game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    I hope other MMOs do well. It makes WoW devs learn and improve on the game.
    It keeps them on their toes & I like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    1. I give you this one: No new content sucks!
    2. TESO: From what I've heard people don't like it. Don't quote me on this but they killed themselves with announcing the subscription based model.
    3. Wildstar: Killed itself with 40 man-raids before beta was even available. Everything around it may be nice but people will not be playing end game content if it stays 40 man.
    I can confirm alot of guilds will not bother to push for 40 players, Carbine will kill their Raiding community before the game even releases.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    You first. Subs peaked at the start of Cata but than people shit what a pice of shit cata was and the subs bleed. The game being old ban wagon would be vaild if they did not revamp and change shit every xpac and have content update patches. The main thing seems to be the devs are out of touch and have lucas syndrome
    I thought the Sub Bleed was because people couldn't handle the hard dungeons & unsubbed than Blizzard caved & nerf them than more people unsubbed.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-12-31 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phred754 View Post
    TL;DR more "wow killers" on the way. same post different year.
    The only one calling them "wow killers" is you. Weird, huh?

Both titles will take a portion of players away from WoW. Maybe not sizeable chunks of playerbase, but some nonetheless. Seeing as both games seem to be rather casual-oriented (yawn), player retention might be fleeting.

I agree 40 man raiding is outdated. Even back then it wasn't so great, you had 10 ppl afk 10 ppl dc'd and the rest actually trying. Just a clusterfuck now.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm not defending those who say wow is a sinking ship, but people like you are so wrong that it is starting to hurt my brain. wow lost a lot of players after that fail expansion, hmm... what was it called... cataclysm that did not return. they've lost roughly 2-3 million(?) in MoP that will not return as well.

once again, i'm not saying that wow is a sinking ship, but they're bleeding subs at an alarming rate these last 2 xpacs.

- - - Updated - - -

wrong. wrong wrong wrong. they lost a lot of subs after that fail expansion that was cata that did not return. the same will happen to mop. because 2-3(?)million players are just going to return.... riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

get your facts straight, champ.

fanbois... i swear to god fucking fanbois.
    I love these kind of arguements, just because someone disagrees with you or you disagree with them. Someone always drops the Fanboy card.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2014-01-01 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    I love these kind of arguement, just because someone disagrees with you or you disagree with them. Someone always drops the Fanboy card.
    What's even more amusing, is I haven't even been subbed since a month into 5.3. Some "fanboy"...

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh don't make me laugh. Wildstar and Elder scrolls posing a threat? Come on, please.

haha, the OP must be new to MMOs.

Anyone remember when AOC and Warhammer were about to launch? How about Star Wars? How about.. how about ...

Every year, it is the same thing..

The funny thing is, the only game that ever put a dent in WOW was a chinesse f2p game that nobody heard of.

This is nothing compared to GW2. They survived that very very easily, wildstar and elder scrolls will be cakewalk. I don't think many people with a brain expected a lot of content between SOO and fall.

15+ Year Old Account
    And I know that in the past there was a lot of "WoW killers" and all those games went F2P after 2-3 months because no one played them. But what if TES will be a good MMO? Well c'mon, it's silly that for almost 10 years there is only one good MMO on the whole market and other games can't even compete with it.
    It's not enough to be a good MMO. GW2 was good, RIFT was good, Warhammer Online was good. WoW started from standing on shoulders of a giant - WC3 was a cult game and cojntributed to WoW's initial popularity. Will TESO be as good? I'm not so sure. Classes and abilities mimic WoW instead of staying true to what we love TES series for.

10+ Year Old Account
    It won't be harsh because of those other MMOs. It will be harsh because of another 8 months of SoO followed by a very lackluster expansion.
    Last edited by Shadee; 2013-12-31 at 05:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    haha, the OP must be new to MMOs.

Anyone remember when AOC and Warhammer were about to launch? How about Star Wars? How about.. how about ...

Every year, it is the same thing..

The funny thing is, the only game that ever put a dent in WOW was a chinesse f2p game that nobody heard of.
    An that game was F2P aswell, We all know Asia was a huge chuck of WoW subs & prbly still is, but the Gap between West & East is prbly so small now that West could the majority now without us evening knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    Wildstar: Didn't NCSoft just get finished burying GW2? Now instead of trying to revive it they're like lets go ahead and work on this new MMO :O great idea
    Seriously, the incredible stupidity on these forums is definitely on the rise. NCSoft is a publisher for both games and thus developed neither.

I can confirm alot of guilds will not bother to push for 40 players, Carbine will kill their Raiding community before the game even releases.
    I like how you make assertions based on other people's argumentation and then portray such fallacies in your own. There is nothing to "confirm" as the game hasn't launched yet and as far as CBT goes, the pool of players is too small for you to be able to say such a thing anyway. That is not to say that it couldn't be true, but presenting it as fact as well as presenting your opinions of the game as objectively factual for anyone else is a sure way to not be taken seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. subs fluctuate between during last content patch of expansion, they always did , with WoD offering free lvl 90 i think it will drive more ppl to try the game since the biggest problem for new players is grind thru 4 patches of useless content before they can experience what they saw in commercials.

2. TES sure was an amazing series of rpgs , but mostly for one playthru , and forcing engame onto this to keep playerbase busy will most likely end like in swotor case

3. Seen some streamers playing wildstar and its 'meh' at best , mostly eyecandy with no thought behind it.

Wildstar and ESO's servers won't even work the first few days. And Eso is being made by Zenimax, it's probably not going to do super well.

Blizzard has nothing to fear.

Quote Originally Posted by hugsvanitypets View Post
    Not saying its a wow killer or anything. I dont think anything will really "kill" wow. But im in the wildstar beta and I can say that everyone is going to be surprised by how awesome of a game it is. I know its new and fresh and everything, but I think this game really has a lot to offer. It will definitely thrive.
    People said the same about SWTOR