Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Don't know maybe the mentioned marks. A lot of specs had phases of weakness but marks probably didn't even really hit mediocrity while most others had at least one somewhat redeeming moment.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Don't know maybe the mentioned marks. A lot of specs had phases of weakness but marks probably didn't even really hit mediocrity while most others had at least one somewhat redeeming moment.
    Eh, it would be hard to argue that spriest even achieved mediocrity. Boomkin only got there briefly at high gear levels.

Marks may well have been in the dumper all expansion, but OTOH hunters have two other ranged DPS specs to choose from. Druids don't have any other ranged DPS, and priests don't have any other DPS period.

10+ Year Old Account
    In PvE: Hunters. MW Monks. And no tank that I know of.

In PvP: Spriests. MW Monks. Blood DKs.

Whats opposite of the fotm class? They probably sucked the most. WW monk, shadow priest, moonkin, arms warrior, mm hunter. For pve in no particular order.

Also I'm laughing at the mages complaining about one tier of talents.

To me, it was WW monks, the mastery issues were insane and stupid that they still can't make something decent; it went from ok (energy capping aside, I liked the random procs, it felt fun to me), to bad (not because it wasn't powerful in ToT, but because it over-centrailized on 1 lousy trinket that we all know never dropped for you when you needed it), to eh (I dislike the whole focus on a brew). Add in that the devs still have their heads up their asses that we players aren't doing WW right since we don't use FoF on CD (let alone how awkward it is to use to begin with) and that the devs would rather tinker/nerf/mess with MW and the whole fistweaving crap (I thought when people weren't complaining as much in the initial incarnation they probably got it right) over addressing the spec most monks probably play, yeah...what is actually a fun class to play and level isn't that competitive in raiding or pvp and that's probably why it'll sink even lower behind locks and rogues as least played class/spec in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Eh, it would be hard to argue that spriest even achieved mediocrity. Boomkin only got there briefly at high gear levels.
    Well both shadow and owl seemed to perform decent to me at some time during this addon. Can't really remember shadow or owl being that bad in the previous tiers even if it may be only for their support as of course they were obviously being overshadowed damage wise by the other cloth specs but who wasn't. I am not saying they have been rockstars but the lack of any noteworthy support does make hunter not as appealing to me personally.

I felt the wrath of blizzard all expansion as a shadow priest. Some one at blizz took out some hate on us.

Whatever class/spec I play suffered the most.
    Whatever class/spec I don't play that kills/out dps/out heals/out tanks me was the best.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilostromrage View Post
    I felt the wrath of blizzard all expansion as a shadow priest. Some one at blizz took out some hate on us.
    Since GC confirmed he was what, holy priest, probably an attempt by him to make all priests go heals.

/tinfoil hat

Deleted
    I'm gonna have to go with monk as a whole. They suffered of the syndrome "we don't want to make an OP class like the DK, so we're just gonna do the opposite... you know we're blizzard we can't make it in between"

Also : we need a poll !

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neow View Post
    I'm gonna have to go with monk as a whole. They suffered of the syndrome "we don't want to make an OP class like the DK, so we're just gonna do the opposite... you know we're blizzard we can't make it in between"

Also : we need a poll !
    I would have to say that the reason monk has the lowest %age representation of all classes is NOT just because it's new. (Rogues and warlocks, rejoice!)

Meanwhile, there are probably people who think that GC went disc the first 2/3 of the expansion.

Shadow Priest and Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    I've tried explaining this concept to people on other subjects and you'd be surprised how much the average Joe cannot understand "intervals."

- - - Updated - - -

I believe that Prot Warriors and Holy Priests suffer from the same illness. ALL THE BUTTONS are belong to us!
    They both have TOO much shit. It doesn't matter if that 1 spell is situational, you're going to need it. Because the moment you don't have it on a bar, that is exactly when the moment will fucking arrive.
    As holy I love having lots of buttons (and we don't really have that much more than other healers, tbh). The problem is passive buffs forcing you to choose which leg to shoot, slow heals, and not enough synergy between spells. And of course the fact we bring nothing to the table that makes us stand out and be wanted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    Since GC confirmed he was what, holy priest, probably an attempt by him to make all priests go heals.

/tinfoil hat
    It was an attempt to silence all priests complaining about Holy, or heck, maybe even troll them considering how bad Holy throughout the expansion.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clash1 View Post
    If you have written Shadow Priest in this thread, then you have lost grip of reality.

Frost DKs and MM Hunters have the right to complain more than any other. These are two specs that should be competitive that have not been for the majority of this expansion. Unholy and Arms would qualify if not for success in PvP.

I will give a distant honorable mention to all the mages. They have brought the damage all expansion long, but most of the changes made to them for MoP has turned out awful. Fun has been sucked out of the class.
    Clearly never played or seen a spriest this entire expansion, wonder why =)

A few specs suffered because they were used to being strong, shadow priests were never particularly strong at any point this expansion (apart from pvp 5.1 which didn't last very long)

Quote Originally Posted by Neow View Post
    bold statement considering pretty much each monk spec had a strong phase although I'd guess the ww one was rather short.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowsion View Post
    Clearly never played or seen a spriest this entire expansion, wonder why =)

A few specs suffered because they were used to being strong, shadow priests were never particularly strong at any point this expansion (apart from pvp 5.1 which didn't last very long)
    Yeah, seriously, except for the few patient souls who have made it to very high gear levels as shadow, the spec is just one big downer to play.

I thought the Cata version of shadow was fun, even though it was middle of the road at best at 85. But the MoP combination of the revamp of the spec and the very poor single target damage and the nerfed self-heals, bleah, just bleah. Useful only for raiding and not much else.

Blood DK's.

Give me a fight where you wouldn't want a Blood DK...don't worry, I'll help you out. Garajal HC, Sha HC, Horridon HC, Ra-Den, Malk HC.

Now give me a fight where you'd love to have a Blood DK.

Exactly.

I think what the blue said about DK's has been true this entire expansion somewhat (can't fully speak for both DPS specs), aside from Unholy having a moment in the sun with Festerblight in 5.2.

People see patterns where they aren't. Nothing to do with scaling as you imagine. DKs simply lacking fights to shine this tier.
    As a tank, I think that statement is true as well.

But that's just my opinion, (I play both a Blood DK and a BRM monk)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellkung View Post
    Blood DK's.

Give me a fight where you wouldn't want a Blood DK...don't worry, I'll help you out. Garajal HC, Sha HC, Horridon HC, Ra-Den, Malk HC.

Now give me a fight where you'd love to have a Blood DK.
    Blood DKs are by far the best all-around all-purpose questing/soloing/mob grinding class. So, actually, "pretty much every fight."

UH and Frost have been "okay" this expansion, UH perhaps better than intended for a tier.

I'll agree it hasn't been an expansion filled with awe and wonder for DKs but it hasn't been particularly bad to them either.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    I think you're confusing MM with Frost... or possibly Frost... it's so hard to tell.
    I put the cursor on it - just read.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Blood DKs are by far the best all-around all-purpose questing/soloing/mob grinding class. So, actually, "pretty much every fight."

UH and Frost have been "okay" this expansion, UH perhaps better than intended for a tier.

I'll agree it hasn't been an expansion filled with awe and wonder for DKs but it hasn't been particularly bad to them either.
    I don't think this thread was made with the questing/soloing/mob grinding class thought in mind. Just judging by most replies, people are giving their opinions from a PVE (raiding) standpoint or PVP.

And as I said, aside from 5.2 Unholy (Festerblight) which was a nice 15 min of fame if you were lucky enough to get the Ji-Kun trinket, I can't fully comment on the state of DK DPS. Personally, I just don't see that many DK's being used in raids or near the top of recount.

I've raided with a really good Unholy DK this entire expansion and the fact of the matter is a good player can make any class/spec excel.