Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenSatori View Post
    Somewhat agree to this. I've played enhancement since vanilla. Blizzard have yet to fix our 'we have nothing to do right now' moment in the rotation. However, it isn't as bad with the 4set bonus from SoO, which in my opinion should be a passive. It went to a more 'we have nothing to do right now, except pray to the gods that lava lash procs'.

Make the 4set bonus a passive, increase the proc chance and it will close the gap that we need. Other than that, Enhancement seems to be on the right path.
    This was asked for by some (strange) players due to being totally GCD capped in wrath. We aren't getting it back as much as I personally enjoyed it.

I'm gonna say WW due to being worst melee. melee was especially bad globally this patch, rather than just in raid content. Raid content has also been extremely reliant on bringing something to the raid - which WW's don't bring much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Arms warrior. You have to play fury for almost entire expac, because of dps/damage. I know it sounds funny if we look at warrior pvp-state in this patch

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since SPriest is getting an overwhelming amount of votes can someone recap what is it that's so terribly wrong with them? I played SPriest in Cata and killed Heroic Deathwing and it was one of the most fun class I've ever played. I have to say though, the MoP beta with the shadow orb mechanism did not look good but still, from the most fun to the absolute worst it's quite a long way down...
    Talking to Majordomo before we are all ready will give you a quest: [60][R]Looking for guild!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    Windwalker Monk. Since the moment they were released they've been pretty much outclassed by every other melee DPS. Even when they were on top of DPS, they still sorely lack the utility to make them worth bringing over, say, a warrior.
    I have to agree here. Somehow I could never do very well on DPS meters with a Windwalker Monk, instead I was usually struggling to stay in front of Tanks in terms of DPS. I never had this problem with other classes I play, most of the time I'm near the top.

And to whoever said that anyone is just going to state the main class they play is in the worst state, I have to disagree. I main a Warlock and I think they're in a very good state. I also love playing a Warrior second and I also think they did very well. Windwalker Monk sucked though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellkung View Post
    Blood DK's.

Give me a fight where you wouldn't want a Blood DK...don't worry, I'll help you out. Garajal HC, Sha HC, Horridon HC, Ra-Den, Malk HC.

Now give me a fight where you'd love to have a Blood DK.

Exactly.
    The biggest problem with the fights that you mentioned is that Prot Paladin/Brewmaster Monk were grossly overpowered for those fights largely since they could solo tank or mitigate more physical damage; you wouldn't want to take a Prot Warrior or Guardian Druid when the fights were relevant either. As for a fight where a Blood DK was amazing, Dark Animus Heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    The biggest problem with the fights that you mentioned is that Prot Paladin/Brewmaster Monk were grossly overpowered for those fights largely since they could solo tank or mitigate more physical damage; you wouldn't want to take a Prot Warrior or Guardian Druid when the fights were relevant either. As for a fight where a Blood DK was amazing, Dark Animus Heroic.
    Yes monks and pallies were (still are for some fights) overpowered, warriors never had an issue tanking these fights either though, they have almost unparalleled mobility, ridiculous raid utility, they're the best off-tanks because of Safeguard and their main issue really was their lackluster DPS, which 5.4 fixed for them with Riposte. This mechanic has very strong synergy for them because avoidance now directly increases (crit) their damage (through Enrage uptime) and rage regen, also increasing their survivability indirectly. Blood DK's have achieved something similar through Scent of Blood including dogdes and parries now, but it's not even close to the same extent.

Prot Warriors are doing close to or more DPS than BRM monks now.

And yeah the DA boss for a DK tank was nice and all, being on bitch duty for tanking an add because you could reset stacks with AMS, but they fixed that too with AMS only blocking further stats instead of resetting them. Though with the right amount of gear this fight was zerged as well. Still my knowledge on this fight is lacking, so I won't comment further.

I'm not saying Blood DK's are bad at all, I wouldn't torture myself playing a class where I'd know that I was the weak link in the raid. They're good, in fact with the right amount of gear they can make most (easy) content seem trivial and they might not even need a healer. But cutting edge content or should I say challenging content (HC raiding if I may) where bosses hit incredibly hard and CD's, utility etc. become important, they pale in comparison.

Death Knights have gone from good to bad this expansion. Blood is probably the worst tank spec to have right now, Unholy is just garbage, and Frost is mediocre DPS. Blizzard wants Death Knights to reroll to Paladin or Warrior.

Who suffered the most?

BrM Monk, imo. No other class got an across the board 15% damage nerf. Maybe it was needed, but, no other spec received that big of a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Who suffered the most?

BrM Monk, imo. No other class got an across the board 15% damage nerf. Maybe it was needed, but, no other spec received that big of a nerf.
    WOW, just wow.

The only way they have suffered with that nerf is the way it was implemented (red numbers), it was well-deserved, in fact they still do ridiculous amounts of DPS (and their AOE toolkit is just OP, lol RJW, KS)

Only warriors and at times pallies, come close.

Suffered implies a disadvantage, not being shot down from being the best tank, to still being the best tank but only doing a little less DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure Shadow Priests got the biggest slap in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellkung View Post
    WOW, just wow.
    What other class/spec has received a nerf larger than 15% of all damage done?

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Shadow priest, no doubt about it.
    I would say shadow priests and both DK specs suffered the most by the end of the expansion. However spriests aren't as bad as dks yet.

Dk's start strong, and get progressively weaker in comparison to the rest of the classes a upgrades come in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    Death Knights have gone from good to bad this expansion. Blood is probably the worst tank spec to have right now, Unholy is just garbage, and Frost is mediocre DPS. Blizzard wants Death Knights to reroll to Paladin or Warrior.
    Frost is garbage too, Both dk specs are at the bottom where as every class that has at least two dps options has one in the middle of the pack or higher.

What other class/spec has received a nerf larger than 15% of all damage done?
    MW monk in first content patch because they were extremely OP out of the gate
    WW monk indirectly with RoR nerf

New classes need balancing at times more at 11

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    MW monk in first content patch because they were extremely OP out of the gate
    WW monk indirectly with RoR nerf

New classes need balancing at times more at 11
    Again, none of those things translate into an across the board 15% nerf. Quantitatively, BrM suffered the largest nerf. It may have been needed, but, it's still the biggest.

Again, none of those things translate into an across the board 15% nerf. Quantitatively, BrM suffered the largest nerf. It may have been needed, but, it's still the biggest.
    It's not bad when you were nerfed from a complete outlier to yourself to more in line with paladins, BrM are still OP as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Raur0s View Post
    Since SPriest is getting an overwhelming amount of votes can someone recap what is it that's so terribly wrong with them? I played SPriest in Cata and killed Heroic Deathwing and it was one of the most fun class I've ever played. I have to say though, the MoP beta with the shadow orb mechanism did not look good but still, from the most fun to the absolute worst it's quite a long way down...
    Shadow Priest you knew back in Cata used to: 1. own meters not only on bosses with 3 targets; 2. have strong self-heals; 3. -15% damage mitigation in Shadowform; 4. cool shadow orb mechanics, much better than an ranged ret-like abomination we have now.

Shadow priest we have now: 1. sucks at damage on 11/14 bosses of SoO, where one of bosses they don't suck on damage done is pointless meter padding (Klaxxi), and terribly sucks at damage on any boss that is single-target fight; 2. sucks in self-healing; 3. sucks in damage mitigation, since armor bonus can go straight into GC's ass, it does not decrease ANY damage in pve except auto-attack melee strikes; 4. idiotic shadow orb mechanics, with absolutely none orb banking ability, no skill to instantly gain 3 orbs to burst, and just ONE orb spender, which also binds you to place for 10 seconds, because everyone has to take MF:I talent. Oh, and don't forget constant -15% damage of shadow word: pain nerfs every fucking patch.
    Hunters are of course in the same boat with us with their bad damage, absolutely boring rotations and stuff; but they at least can damage on the move...
    Last edited by l33t; 2014-01-02 at 08:54 PM.

[QUOTE=l33t;24572314]Shadow Priest you knew back in Cata used to: 1. own meters not only on bosses with 3 targets; 2. have strong self-heals; 3. -15% damage mitigation in Shadowform; 4. cool shadow orb mechanics, much better than an ranged ret-like abomination we have now.

Shadow priest we have now: 1. sucks at damage on 11/14 bosses of SoO, where one of bosses they don't suck on damage done is pointless meter padding (Klaxxi), and terribly sucks at damage on any boss that is single-target fight; 2. sucks in self-healing; 3. sucks in damage mitigation, since armor bonus can go straight into GC's ass, it does not decrease ANY damage in pve except auto-attack melee strikes; 4. idiotic shadow orb mechanics, with absolutely none orb banking ability, no skill to instantly gain 3 orbs to burst, and just ONE orb spender, which also binds you to place for 10 seconds, because everyone has to take MF:I talent. Oh, and don't forget constant -15% damage of shadow word: pain nerfs every fucking patch.
    Hunters are of course in the same boat with us with their bad damage, absolutely boring rotations and stuff; but they at least can damage on the move...

Lol are you sure hunter do dps just faceroling the desk and i know many many spriests that do massive dps 250 k+

Quote Originally Posted by gguga12 View Post
    Lol are you sure hunter do dps just faceroling the desk and i know many many spriests that do massive dps 250 k+
    As I told already, this is not only about pure damage done and/or dps. Dps is nothing more than a simple factor, i.e. if your spec has boring, uninteresting rotation (mage, lock), but own meters, he is not so bad as a spec which has not only a boring, uninteresting rotation, but also a low dps. Hunters, as I already said, can damage on the move, which is a blessing and, of course, a good move out of "glass stationary cannon" idiotic paradigm Blizzard are forcing range classes into for no reason beyond fucking pvp minigame.

And anyways, in which world 250k is a massive dps, in world of running lfr? It is a very mediocre dps, just so you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    Care to explain why you conisder blood so bad? I main a blood progressing HC mode atm and having a blast. Yes, we don't bring enough utility to a raid and we're a bit too squishy on low gear, but other than that we're fine.

Of course mages, they were %200 more fun in cataclysm even. Not even going to talk about level 90 talents..

I main a priest and I feel like disc has been really fun to play for the whole expansion.