Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Sounds like a nice quiet New Years. I'll be hosting about 30 people at my house. I hope no one pees on the couch, again.
    i am the couch pisser. and you'll never figure out who i am.

Hehe, i plan either relaxing at home with a buddy or two, or spending a few hours with a female friend. Not sure what the day will bring yet.

I'm on my own because circumstances dictate I can't head back to my hometown until next week, alas.

So I plan on kicking back on my balcony with some cognac and thinking about how to really kick some ass this coming year.

I can't speak for how it is outside of New York City, but over here, many places host private parties that you need to make a reservation for, effectively chaining you into a single venue all night.

I also find it to be the worst night to be single, more so than Valentines. On Valentines, single people can just stay home. On New Years, couples seem more clingy than on other nights. Must be the sentimentality the holiday brings out.

I don't think I have cared about New Years since I was in the 8th grade... It's just a couples holiday (everyone kissing their loved ones and such). Yeah I'm bitter because I am alone but I know this so I just stay away from it.

Deleted
    Yeah, well im working on the doors tonight so F the lot of you that are staying in

I'm in bed before the new year rings in. No problem just another day for me.

Deleted
    yep, but I dont care.
    when you get to the age I am, it becomes just another day. Same as Christmas and Birthdays.

Will probably go round see family and friends in next few days, but tonight will be a quite one with a couple of movies, some home made Curry a and a joint or two.

I usually go out on New Year's with a few friends but this year I'm also staying home.
    I've never spent New Year's with my online friends so who knows, it might be more fun to stay home.
    Last edited by Sempiternity; 2013-12-31 at 07:36 PM.

I won't be alone as I am married but I won't be going out at all. Honestly, I probably won't even stay up until midnight. Just going to have dinner at home, watch some Modern Family on Blu-Ray and go to bed at my normal time.

I'm always alone on New Year's Eve, but it's just another day to me.

I'm going to switch it up this year though and spend the final few hours of 2013 at my grandparents house. Smash on some grub and just shoot the breeze.

I spent New Year's alone a couple of years ago. As long as you limit your drinking, it can be nice and relaxing. I, unfortunately, thought it'd be a good idea to drink a fifth of vodka, and spent the following two days sick. So don't do that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by speehs View Post
    I spent New Year's alone a couple of years ago. As long as you limit your drinking, it can be nice and relaxing. I, unfortunately, thought it'd be a good idea to drink a fifth of vodka, and spent the following two days sick. So don't do that.
    Its not for nothing they call it amateur evening some places ;P

Deleted
    Meh, I done this a few years ago and I enjoyed it with some peace and quiet..
    In fact I enjoyed it that much that I just pretty much insist on just having friends round for bringing in the new year. I cba with the pubs/clubs on New Years eve.. When the clock hits 12, you shake hands with randoms, most of which you either flat out don't know or just don't like, you get drink split all over you when people are jumping up and down with drinks in hand.

For some that may be part of the fun but I'd rather sit and chill in the comfort of my own home with friends who i actually intend to speak to and hang out with during the year we're celebrating beginning.
    It may sound like I am a boring old man, I'm not, I just don't give a toss about celebrating the New Year beginning in an environment I'm not really that happy with on that night... Pubs and clubs can be gone to any weekend after all.

*edit*

On a side note, I'm not one of the Scottish people who are right into all this "waahaaay hogmanay" shit. It's just another day and just another excuse to grab a few quiet drinks with some mates.... and ofc it's another excuse to go visit my parents on the 1st when my mother cooks a crazy dinner that I'll complain about eating too much of after.
    Last edited by mmoc157e395081; 2013-12-31 at 08:26 PM.

I've only gone out once for new years, hated it. Best new years were spent at home with my online friends.

i bought the remaining 4 mounts from ingame shop i did not already own as a treat for myself cause i didn't waste any money on alcohol last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzros View Post
    Hey

Ive been going out(night clubs) every new years eve since I was 18, now im 24 and it's always been boring, don't really know why.

So was thinking of doing this new years eve alone with really good food, couple of good movies, some good drinks and just chillout. Go out on my balcony around 12 to view the fireworks and just thinking about what I wanna do this coming year. Then for a change wake up tomorrow not hangover like crazy wishing I was dead.

So anyone else being alone on this day?

Cheers
    Dazzros
    I never found that fun. I started holding my own new year parties some years back which is really awesome. Found a group of people that don't have a desire to get stupidly drunk, but just want to have good food and company. It works like a charm. You pick the people you want and then celebrate the day with them. Only downside is that it require some work with the food, but apart from that it works very well, and make new year a far better experience.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    I always drink with a few friends, at 12 we go outside and walk to a club while viewing the fireworks, and then it's just clubbing untill late. But yeah, apart from the fireworks, it's the same as any other club night.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sat there on facebook chatting to a group of friend, we were all wondering why we were sitting there and not going out instead. Organised to go out tomorrow night instead. Seems to have worked out alright.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzros View Post
    Hey

Ive been going out(night clubs) every new years eve since I was 18, now im 24 and it's always been boring, don't really know why.

So was thinking of doing this new years eve alone with really good food, couple of good movies, some good drinks and just chillout. Go out on my balcony around 12 to view the fireworks and just thinking about what I wanna do this coming year. Then for a change wake up tomorrow not hangover like crazy wishing I was dead.

So anyone else being alone on this day?

Cheers
    Dazzros
    I've been doing the exact same thing since i was 18, but i stopped at 22. those parties suck too much. I prefer staying at home and ejoying myself with nice food and drinks a lot more

I went to bed at 8pm yesterday. One of the best new years I've had actually.