Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Gear isn't the problem, LFR has ILVL limits. People are slacking/afking/just not very good. There is no way developers can fix that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    There is no way developers can fix that.
    Any behaviour and actions shown by players is always a result of development. There is always a way to alter that. The question is if that alteration makes the game better or not. This is the first thing you learn as a game designer.

Afking and slacking in LFR happens because two factors exist.

1. It is possible to AFK and slack with very low risk of punishment (i.e. getting manually kicked by the group). Since everyone else also slacks and afks, this makes this very unlikely unless you are completely afk. Even if you do slack or AFK the only punishment is that you have to queue again. Because there is almost no blowback from slacking or afking, players do that frequently.

2. The content itself does not interest players enough to actually participate. LFR also attracts players not interested in the actual content, but just the rewards, seeing it is a grind needed to progress. This causes a lot of players being inside LFR with no real interest of actually doing LFR.

These two factors combined make it so a lot of people AFK and slack, since there is a possibility to do so and the content itself is not good enough to not do so.
    Both factors is a result of development design and could also be fixed. Wether that would be better or worse is a whole new other debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    what LFR gear is BoA but everything harder isn't?

lol right give the scrubbags noobs more entitlement, hell fucking no.
    Right? The shitters who run lolfr religiously don't need to have an even easier time of it.

So basically LFR would be more tolerable if it gave you more rewards?

Kind of an obvious solution isn't it? Wouldn't -anything- be more tolerable with more rewards?

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    Right? The shitters who run lolfr religiously don't need to have an even easier time of it.
    easier time by playing one class and getting gear for another? just sounds stupid, why improve at another class just play one and get gifted everything for your other classes.

BoA weapons drop from garrosh as a reward for putting a bit of effort in, steamrolling LFR in a 550 chara shouldn't reward jack for alts, if it's not "tolerable" don't do it no-one is forcing you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Gear isn't the problem, LFR has ILVL limits. People are slacking/afking/just not very good. There is no way developers can fix that.
    Gear is actually the problem. The reason LFR is so bad this patch is because everyone collects timeless crap which gives them the ilvl requirement even though all their gear is poorly itemized crap with a green/blue weapon. Sure the people generally aren't the greatest players but when you have a raid that is balanced for 496 ilvl and people have gear that is 496 ilvl but has the stats/itemization of 463 gear there is going to be problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Gear is actually the problem. The reason LFR is so bad this patch is because everyone collects timeless crap which gives them the ilvl requirement even though all their gear is poorly itemized crap with a green/blue weapon. Sure the people generally aren't the greatest players but when you have a raid that is balanced for 496 ilvl and people have gear that is 496 ilvl but has the stats/itemization of 463 gear there is going to be problems.
    LFRs ilvl requirements are over bloated as it has to compensate for such performance levels of players including AFKs. At that performance level the ideal itemization has less of an impact compared to a player like yourself or myself that can cheat the bloated ilvl requirements and at least double everyone else who surpass the ilvl requirements in ideal gear. LFR has been nerfed as well with a number of issues being mechanics failures rather than gear related unless you are talking about having half the raid dead and letting the other half carry.

Now available pieces of gear like weapons can have a bigger impact where some players are sitting around with a dungeon weapon while still meeting the ilvl requirements. As much as some players hate them if there was some catch up dungeons the spotty gear would have been less of a problem and a player can already gear up as fast doing timeless island as doing catch up dungeons in prior expansions.

Blizzard could throw a lot more powerful gear at the poor output issue but it takes a lot to overcome such poor performance that it is better to nerf LFR again especially in mechanics if the focus is just groups wiping less.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-01-02 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    There's also the fact that they took a dump on it's item level compared to normal.

DS LFR -> 13 levels behind
    mogu/heart/terrace -> 13 item levels behind.
    ToT -> 20 item levels behind.
    SoO -> 25 item levels behind + flex is added.

Back when the gap wasn't that bad(ToT was still kinda fine) you'd have normal mode players and hardcore players still run LFR for those trinkets, and even after a while it's still worth running it on alts since the item level for those trinkets and weapons are pretty good stepping stones to enter normal modes.

Now it really isn't worth running LFR, I ran LFR for 1 week on my rogue alt (500->519, with flex) and I have no need to do it aside from me having 491+476 daggers since I can depend on flex on the other less important pieces, so instead of spamming LFR like before I just do flex, so that's one potentially decent geared and skilled(for LFR content) player out of the equation.