Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would the great and powerful lord deathwing interact with tiny insignificant insects? 0o

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooney View Post
    Smaug is uber cool as a dragon. He has a lot of swagger -- gold chains and all, lol.
    Yeah, does look like that guy has it going on down there in Erebor, pimpin' his ride.

Just like Joffrey.
    I'll see u in Season 4 Episode 1 on your wedding, will be quite the joy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deathwing just felt like a Puppet flying the sky & than we kill him in the end. We see him at the beginning than don't see him until DS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    ...Just like Joffrey...I'll see u in Season 4 Episode 1 on your wedding, will be quite the joy.
    "Guessing" Joffrey won't find much joy during/after his honeymoon. No such thing as 'happy' endings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Deathwing just felt like a Puppet flying the sky & than we kill him in the end. We see him at the beginning than don't see him until DS
    Us? -- running around so we could get killed by him for an achievement.
    -I lost 6 million of my best friends because of Cataclysm. I will NEVER forgive Blizz for that.
    -There ain't enough tequila in the universe to forget the insanity I experienced with Mists of Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidsteel View Post
    If we had actually gotten to fight deathwing instead of killing scabs on his back and killing some tentacles in the water, I might have liked Cata more.
    So basically what you're saying is blizzard was damned either way? Right?

Since all the posts when cata was announced said it was 100% impossible for us to fight deathwing face to face due to his sheer size etc even with pictures showing the avg humanoid from Azeroth vs him.

Cata did DW just fine. Both he and Illidan were not some super duper story that was ruined by Blizz.

Becuase Blizz doesn't know how to write interesting characters for past 5 years.

If Deathwing was as sane and smart as Smaug then Cata would be over within several days. Deathwing casually walked into stormwind and casually wrecked a part of it to pieces, which means that if he had intention to actually kill people, then he would, pretty effortlessly as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Smaug is the original treasure-hoarding dragon. Deathwing was just an idiot.
    All of Tolkien's books are based on folklore and other stories. He has read a lot of literature, that man. While his stories are amazing, none of them are actually "original".

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Because people bitched about Arthas being EVERYWHERE so they dialed back Deathwing's appearances in-game to the point that people didn't really know who Deathwing was other than being some RAWR DRAGON.
    Deathwing wasn't bad because of a lack of screentime. Even for people like me who have read the novels and knew who he was can't see anything but a 'RAWR DARGON" in Cata, because all of his cleverness and guile was stripped away, and I have a feeling that even if he'd had more screen time in Cata he still would have been portrayed that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidsteel View Post
    If we had actually gotten to fight deathwing instead of killing scabs on his back and killing some tentacles in the water, I might have liked Cata more.
    This.
    Worst boss fight in history of wow.
    Couldn't aspects just have increased our size, so we could battle him normally >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Because that would involve Blizzard being able to travel back in time after seeing Smaug visualized on big screen, writing Deathwing to be exactly like him, then getting into legal trouble with the owners of the Hobbit IP.
    The Hobbit is actually a book from year 1937. And what Smaug looks like and what kind of personality he has, is all explained in the book. So no, they don't need yet to build a time machine =)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    This.
    Worst boss fight in history of wow.
    Couldn't aspects just have increased our size, so we could battle him normally >.<
    It's a shame because it COULD have been one of the most epic fights to date. The setup was epic. The scenery with the Maelstrom and Deathwing's malfromed, molten body rising from the water. I like the way the aspects helped us in various ways. But deathwing himself was jut a let down mechanic wise, especially that last phase. They really dropped the ball on what could hav eotherwise been an epic finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyonis View Post
    All of Tolkien's books are based on folklore and other stories. He has read a lot of literature, that man. While his stories are amazing, none of them are actually "original".
    Thats a pretty vague statement.
    Everything is a rip-off something else, movies / tv / Music / games.
    Some might use another therm then rip-off, maybe Inspiration? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    And Deathwing could not have retaken a human form, for a wee bit? Rewrites everywhere else.
    -I lost 6 million of my best friends because of Cataclysm. I will NEVER forgive Blizz for that.
    -There ain't enough tequila in the universe to forget the insanity I experienced with Mists of Pandaria.

Perhaps because Smaug and Deathwing are different characters from different series.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    Thats a pretty vague statement.
    Everything is a rip-off something else, movies / tv / Music / games.
    Some might use another therm then rip-off, maybe Inspiration? :P
    It's a known fact that Tolkien has based his works on folklore. If you like wikipedia as a source, here you go.

And a good "rip-off" is always better than a bad story you made up yourself. He did a great job at writing such a repertoire of books all in the same world, all interesting.

I think a game with a great story is good and all. But the main purpose of a game is to give good gameplay. Story comes second. In films and books story is a lot more important. Even though in some cases it's the action or romance or humour that you want to see. Do you want South Park to have a great story? No, you want South Park to be funny. I wouldn't say story is bad, no not at all. A good story is a plus, it's even required to a certain extent. But it's only literature where story is really important.
    Last edited by mmoc7be6787211; 2014-01-01 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Spelling

The way Smaug was in the movies...based on the novels featuring Deathwing, THAT is the kind of villain I expected to encounter in cata, and its basically how he was portrayed in the novels (Cept he did most of his scheming in human form).

I agree that if Deathwing had been a bit closer to how Smaug acted (instead of some brainless dragon engine of destruction) cata would have been a lot more interesting. A pox on the fools that cried over the lich king and scared blizz off of treating Deathwing the same.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    ...Since all the posts when cata was announced said it was 100% impossible for us to fight deathwing face to face due to his sheer size etc even with pictures showing the avg humanoid from Azeroth vs him...
    And Blizz never heard of Baby Spice?
    Last edited by Dooney; 2014-01-01 at 01:15 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooney View Post
    If Blizz had given Deathwing more of a personality like Smaug, I might have enjoyed Cata more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    If Blizz had given Deathwing a personality, I might have enjoyed Cata more.
    BURN!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    Isn't Smaug addicted to gold? haven't seen the 2nd movie yet.
    Makes Deathwing more sane than he is .
    Smaug had a personality of a well-mannered, educated, and curious gentleman, with his love for gold being only a small inconvenience, surely excusable for such a royal character. I shit you not, he's opposite to deathwing's raving lunacy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    The problem is not that Deathwing should have been more like Nefarian, the problem is that Deathwing shouldn't have been Cataclysm's end boss, because at final, Cata is more of an N'Zoth themed expansion than a Deathwing expansion, N'Zoth turned Deahtwing into a retarded minion in the lore, and that's how he is represented in the game.
    Because that is what Old Gods do. Drive you insane.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi