Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why Chimera Shot still named that way??

I suppose it was because the effect it had depending on the active sting on target, but now only refresh serpent sting...should it be renamed or reworked??

Because "Signature Shot that Refreshes Serpent Sting and Heals for a Little Bit of Health" didn't do well in focus groups.

On a more serious note, I'd expect something will happen to it for WoD, Blizz has talked about big(ish) hunter changes incoming.

Blizz has talked about big(ish) hunter changes incoming.
    Except every time someone brings it up they reinforce "It's not a major revamp or overhaul!"

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Except every time someone brings it up they reinforce "It's not a major revamp or overhaul!"
    Well, a "major revamp/overhaul" would be something similar to when hunters went from mana->focus, or when they removed melee weapons, ect. I'm expecting a few cooldowns changes on the signature shots, and possibly an arcane shot morph for each spec. (same for survival, physical for marksman, and beasty-something for BM)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugtoad View Post
    On a more serious note, I'd expect something will happen to it for WoD, Blizz has talked about big(ish) hunter changes incoming.
    They probably meant they'll add new pet categories.

Because if it gets overhyped (which it will regardless) then it will be a massive letdown from what people were expecting.

15+ Year Old Account
    OP What is wrong with Chimera Shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    OP What is wrong with Chimera Shot?
    Chimeras have 2 heads, Chimera Shot only hits 1 target/only deals damage once.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    it used to be pretty good tho. until they decided we didnt need curse of exaustion and mana drain. funny thing is that warlocks got to keep theirs. mana drain and their curses.

i do agree that chimera shot should refresh both serpent sting and widow venom. the venom thing was going in the right direction until they pulled off.

i dont think i will be playing next xpac tho, no matter what changes they do to hunters i dont see me playing with the diablo 3 gear model or any of the changes they had said already like no flying. so im not expecting hunters to get any better.

Pretty much. They are going to change arcane shot so that it has a different name for each spec and deals damage in a little bit of a different way.

Because if it gets overhyped (which it will regardless) then it will be a massive letdown from what people were expecting.
    It's going to be a massive letdown anyway. Implying that something about hunters will actually be fixed is already a huge deviation from the formula. Tons of problems with the class and they expect to just get by with minor changes to differentiate the specs a little more?

Ffs, warlocks pre-revamp were more differentiated than we are right now! Yet they get this huge overhaul and now hunters will get a few ability name changes and nothing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Well, a "major revamp/overhaul" would be something similar to when hunters went from mana->focus
    Which was a HUGE mistake on blizz's part.

Can pretty much guarantee it's gonna be a massive letdown anyway. Blizz hasn't known what to do with us for quite a while and I'm guessing that they still don't. We don't need quite the overhaul that warlocks did but it should be closer to that than arcane shot being slightly different for each spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    it used to be pretty good tho. until they decided we didnt need curse of exaustion and mana drain. funny thing is that warlocks got to keep theirs. mana drain and their curses.
    We haven't had Drain Mana for a very long time. Three full years ago next month.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Chimaera (animal/tamable pet) =/= Chimera Shot
    Last edited by Xeraxis; 2014-01-03 at 09:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayne13 View Post
    Funny like none of them have any resemblance with the mobs in game, isn't it?

Blizzard's idea of changing Hunter specs slightly: Remove a few abilities, don't fix the core issue of the class(no passives/abilities that benefit from Secondary stats)

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Chimaera (animal/tamable pet) =/= Chimera Shot
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimera_(mythology)
    Last edited by Glurp; 2014-01-04 at 03:51 AM.

Deleted
    They have 3 heads.

Lion head, goat head on the back and snakehead as a tail.

I don't understand why they don't want to do a major revamp on Hunters..I think Hunters are in a much worse spot compared to Warlocks when they got their revamp.

OT still hoping for Chimera to be added as legit Hunter pet..cmon Blizzard.
    Hi Sephurik