10+ Year Old Account

When mana comes back, what changes would be needed?

What changes would hunters HAVE to have if or when they bring it back to hunters?

Think critically. I think they would have to change cobra shot and make it a %1.5 gain per shot but slightly nerf its dmg but not too much.
    or slightly reduce base dmg and abilities to balance it out imo.

what changes would you suggest if o when they do? Discuss.

It's not coming back.
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

Its not coming back. They removed it for a reason. Mana was too limiting as a resource for hunters. Focus works much better.

I think they should buff Raptor Strike to slow NPC movement by 1% for every 10% of mana you have, and make Eyes of the Beast your main resource dump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Focus works much better.
    How does it?

They made the change to simplify both hunters and Shaman. During and before wotlk hunter/enhancement gear had Int/Agility/Stamina. They made agility give SP to keep Enhancement shamans and removed the need create overly complicated gear. Hunters ran out of mana and because a little more useless. Aspect of the viper was a horrid way around this.
    Last edited by SoulForge; 2014-01-04 at 04:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hordeslayer View Post
    How does it?
    ...In every possible way...
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

Nope. Not happening, but you're welcome to hold your breath!

In other words doing a stance (Aspect) dance was stupid.

If I remember right. the swap from mana for focus was partially due to dealing with resource efficiency/availability...

so if they went back to mana they'd basically just turn it into functioning basically like focus does now. Where you'd be able to have it available for burning when needed while also not draining to nothing instantly....

Why change it 'back' to mana if they'd only make it have a level of efficiency about the same as focus works now?

edit: honestly, the only thing I think was better was if you were among the higher tier of hunters that understood what was going on with the class (almost non-existent player count) Mana was great for slamming some burst on someone. But after dropping too much mana you weren't going to have it back unless you dropped your rotation to autoshot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ignore this troll. He started this same thread the other day and acts all innocent... but has also admitted he's never played a hunter since we moved to Focus. Any rational objections you give will be met with evasion.
    Last edited by clevin; 2014-01-04 at 04:20 AM.

Hunter mana returning is about as likely as classic servers. Not happening.

But hey - if the OP wants to waste time on a pipe dream let em. It's the american way to dump all your efforts into something pointless and unneeded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Mana was much better for pvp. Hunters was the burst class, that could take down rogues as marksman, warriors and pallies with survival. We held a niche as the rogue killer, now we are boring

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    Mana was much better for pvp. Hunters was the burst class, that could take down rogues as marksman, warriors and pallies with survival. We held a niche as the rogue killer, now we are boring
    Ya, and of course, that is the fault of focus - not the fault of other changes that came with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    agreed. so much this, unfortunately pvp is seen as not the main or equal focus to the game as pve which is why they don't seem to care about class balance at all. hunters with mana during wrath couldn't have been anymore balanced.

This is your 4th fucking thread regarding Hunters and Mana within 2 days.

Why are you even still creating these threads?
    They always follow the same routine. You state your opinion, people say no to your opinion, you don't accept their opinion and abandon the thread. Few hours or a day later you create a new thread about the very same topic.
    You stated you haven't played the class since Cata, yet you seem completely obsessed with it. Blizzard said no to Mana.

What exactly is wrong with you?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What changes would hunters HAVE to have if or when they bring it back to hunters?
    if or when
    Speculation thread. No need to be so harsh.

OP, title is misleading.

I hate the focus actually. It's the only thing about my hunter I dislike.

But i still doubt mana's coming back.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    I think they should buff Raptor Strike to slow NPC movement by 1% for every 10% of mana you have, and make Eyes of the Beast your main resource dump.
    Personally, I think if they implement this, then they should also implement Flare as the main nuke in SV. But keep the 20s CD, and the ground targeted, slow as hell moving projectile nature of it.

Mana will never come back for hunters. It was poor design. I'd tell you to knock it off with making all these threads, but it's not really my place any more.

10+ Year Old Account
    You already made a hypothetical mana thread. Don't need two.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |