Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostop it View Post
    I wouldn't trust teachers to evaluate themselves either. The minimum wage comment is worth looking at. Who does the minimum wage hurt? Teenagers, minorities and low skilled workers. Some labor is not worth 15$ an hour. The only way a worker can increase his wage is to become more productive or at the expense of other workers. Our wages are higher here overall because Americans are more productive. The minimum wage is really cruel when you think about it. It keeps them out. I got my first job when I was 14. I would of worked earlier if I could of. Go to school all year and then get a little job making a couple buck an hour enough to buy a soda pop or w/e.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya and unemployment is at around 7%.
    Keep reinforcing your own opinion with anecdotes and heuristics.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

1. Lower the minimum wage.
    2. Lower inflation.
    3. Cut government spending.
    4. Have quality education system using vouchers.
    Those four things would help the very poor in this country.
    Oh yeah totally, that's why the poor are always campaigning for the minimum wage to be lowered.

My palm just went right through my face and sunk into my brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    How do the poor benefit from lower government spending.
    When governments spend they get the money from people. Government doesn't have money. They either tax, raise debt or more commonly inflate. The more government spends the more it must tax, go into debt or inflate it's currency. All three are bad. Less spending equals less tax, debt and inflation. Less tax equals more money for poor people. Less debt equals less tax and inflation in the future. Less inflation equals more buying power for the poor. Got it?

When governments spend they get the money from people. Government doesn't have money. They either tax, raise debt or more commonly inflate. The more government spends the more it must tax, go into debt or inflate it's currency. All three are bad. Less spending equals less tax, debt and inflation. Less tax equals more money for poor people. Less debt equals less tax and inflation in the future. Less inflation equals more buying power for the poor. Got it?
    The poor trend towards negative tax rates, and inflation has been low for like 100 years. So yeeeaaaaaah. And there's nothing wrong sit debt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even with zero tax withheld from the bottom rung of wages, there isn't enough for someone to live off. The result is more of the welfare that you dislike.

Government isn't an entity that must be protected. It doesn't have feelings, it isn't a person. It is for us to abuse for our own purposes, to build a better society. Bottom wages being kept in the dark ages doesn't help anyone and only furthers a welfare state. If businesses pay their workers a proper wage, then maybe their workers can afford the products and services they are employed to produce. Couple this with higher taxes, much higher, especially at the top.
    Last edited by Dillon; 2014-01-03 at 06:52 AM.

Everyone benefits from less federal spending not just the poor, less inflation. A lot of them need jobs so the lower wage gets them more jobs. With less inflation their money goes further.
    Ok, it's become abundantly clear that you don't understand basic economic principals. Here's a few that should help you understand why inflation isn't the evil demon you claim it is.

1. Inflation benefits debtors at the expense of creditors. Debt does not adjust for inflation, only interest.
    2. It is well understood that lower unemployment comes at the cost of higher inflation. You can't lower them both. So which is more important?

The people who want to keep inflation low are the banks who lend out money, and big corporations who benefit from a soft labor market. Seems you've been suckered in by them.

Also, you shouldn't worry about current inflation rates, they've been pretty low lately.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.