Deleted

For those of you playing Holy, how do you gear?

Pretty much what it says in the title.

Really only looking for people gearing FOR holy, not some kind of disc/holy hybrid (which I realize is common and viable).
    If you were to gear for JUST the holy spec; how would you gear it?

I seem to find myself with extremely low haste (<4k), was currently stacking spirit and mastery as much as I could, that still leaves me at less spirit than I'd like, ~14k. Wondering how valuable that extra tick on sanc + lightwell is around 4.7k, I'm guessing it's pretty decent since losing some mastery to gain haste isn't a particular loss anyway. Thoughts?

I have been gemming mastery for quite some time but i am seeing top priests going crit gemmed reforging away mastery for crit that is something i was going to try but not 100% sure yet how viable or good that is, 14k is fine i only have 14.8k around that and don't have any issues with mana and never use my shadowfiend as i never need it at the moment.

My spirit is about 16 k. It probably seems too high but we're trying heroic and I find that to be a comfortable spot. If you have other priests that will actually use their HoH and shamans that will use mana tide then you should be ok.

I go spirit>mastery>crit>haste.

If I played in ten man I would focus on a haste breakpoint but in 25 man I don't worry about it.
    Last edited by Junnia; 2014-01-01 at 02:16 AM.

Deleted
    It really depends what you raid (hc or normal) and who with (as in what are your co-healers playing and how many are taken?). In general you can go for less spirit in 25 if you tend to have mana tides and other HoH vs 10 mans and don't necessarily aim for the higher haste points like you might do in 10 mans.

Sorry for the vague reply but once those things are clear I'm sure you'd get more specific numbers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Piffnifty View Post
    It really depends what you raid (hc or normal) and who with (as in what are your co-healers playing and how many are taken?). In general you can go for less spirit in 25 if you tend to have mana tides and other HoH vs 10 mans and don't necessarily aim for the higher haste points like you might do in 10 mans.

Sorry for the vague reply but once those things are clear I'm sure you'd get more specific numbers
    25hc, currently 13/14hc, healing ilvl around 575. However healing is an offspec so most of the time I'm just healing for fun on fight it doesn't matter... or flex.
    Either way I wasn't looking for specific advice to me, rather just general musings from other Holy priests

Deleted
    Oh sorry, read the "thoughts?" part as in you asking if you should get more haste and such.
    Well I have the same progress but in 10 man, been unlucky with loot so sticking to the glyphed renew haste point and my spirit rounds up to 17k which seems to work for our group as we mostly 2 heal fights. Been trying to balance some crit with my mastery and it's been going well so far.
    Last edited by mmoc76daca7658; 2014-01-01 at 08:37 PM.

Deleted
    Curious to hear your reasoning for balancing crit + mastery, what do you value from the stats?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    Curious to hear your reasoning for balancing crit + mastery, what do you value from the stats?
    There's actually an old thread that discussed crit here even for 25: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Crit-Build-5-4

Personally my reasons for trying to balance both was since I got the PPoP hc trinket and my co-healer got more gear as disc, our amount of damage taken was getting much lower but still bursty. I don't really play the renew blanketing tactic with cascade on all fights, probably less than half and as much as you would without the 13k haste really, since I couldn't reach that point anyway and am stuck on the 4721 one, I put that extra mastery (so instead of gemming for haste or mastery) into crit but still keeping mastery>crit. Basically I was trying to reach a balance for the event that some fights are more renew usage and some more direct heal ones but with what I have gear wise for a 10 man.
    Last edited by mmoc76daca7658; 2014-01-02 at 02:23 PM.