Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Isn't it time for Ironforge to be featured in a major storyline?

Ironforge is a ghost town these days except around the holidays and Beer fest.
    I used to split my time between Stormwind and Ironforge until Cata.
    Since the Dark Iron Dwarves will be featured in WoD, about time for a dwarf storyline in the next xpac?
    gnomes, too? nah, scratch that.
    -I lost 6 million of my best friends because of Cataclysm. I will NEVER forgive Blizz for that.
    -There ain't enough tequila in the universe to forget the insanity I experienced with Mists of Pandaria.

Yes. Dwarves are badass, and will be even more so with the snazzy new models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easier to localize content into Stormwind and Orgrimmar for ease of access, which is Blizzard's new stance on content going forward.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. I would like a good Dwarf storyline.

Deleted
    So... you like dwarves. Gnomes not so much. And since there is going so much Exodar & Darnassus action you want some ironforge action as well? I can see you!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say no because alliance and ew but dwarves are like the only race on the alliance that isnt terrible(plus my 3rd fav behind orc and troll)

Know what? no. no. Second favorite. No troll.
    Last edited by Bladeface; 2014-01-01 at 02:27 AM.
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

I miss the days of idling in Ironforge with all the familiar people of my server. /tear

I would LOVE to get some dwarf lore! You would think we would get more with the whole Magni turned into a crystal and the return of Moira. But no. FOR KHAZ MODAN!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished watching Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug and the Dwarf capital was so Ironforge. I still remember the first time I "accidentally" fell into the forge. As a noob, walking from Menethil Harbor to Ironforge and those damn crocs coming onto the road to chomp my butt.

Update: Also, good times back in 2008, around Xmas, when the horde rolled into town and massacred everything in sight. My buddy was killed multiple times on the tram platform. I got some screenshots somewhere. There were hardly any level 60s online that night. My bank toon was robbed.
    Last edited by Dooney; 2014-01-01 at 02:47 AM.
    -I lost 6 million of my best friends because of Cataclysm. I will NEVER forgive Blizz for that.
    -There ain't enough tequila in the universe to forget the insanity I experienced with Mists of Pandaria.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I can be surrounded by epic beards and dwarfs?.....yes please!

15+ Year Old Account
    Now it's Wrynn time, all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Easier to localize content into Stormwind and Orgrimmar for ease of access, which is Blizzard's new stance on content going forward.
    Tbh, never understood that part of stance - why making other cities dead? All it takes is one portal in IF to Pandaria. How hard can it be?

Don't count on it, it's nothing short of a miracle that the Draenei are getting lore in WoD (and I think they wouldn't get anything if Blizzard thought they could get away with a Draenor expansion without any Draenei stuff.)

If it's not human or orc, it's only relevant as a novelty every once in a while.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    Tbh, never understood that part of stance - why making other cities dead? All it takes is one portal in IF to Pandaria. How hard can it be?
    Not hard, but it would send the wrong message (that other cities matter).

Nothing happens in this game that doesn't revolve around Orcs, so unless they become part of the story you can forget about Ironforge being relevant.

I would love to see some more attention to all other capital cities outside of SW&ORG. All of them deserve some love imo

Ironforge had it's turn in the Vanilla. It was THE place to be.... As Alliance, I want a reason to go to Darnassus.

It's not like Stormwind's exactly been featured in major storylines either, and even if it was that has nothing to do with it being a ghost town.

Ironforge is a ghost town these days because it lacks portals and ethereal merchants, just as Stormwind was a ghost town when Ironforge had the only auction house.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Don't count on it, it's nothing short of a miracle that the Draenei are getting lore in WoD (and I think they wouldn't get anything if Blizzard thought they could get away with a Draenor expansion without any Draenei stuff.)
    If it's not human or orc, it's only relevant as a novelty every once in a while. Not hard, but it would send the wrong message (that other cities matter).
    We have not even heard mention of Exodar, at least I haven't, for a xpac that is focused on Draenor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    I miss the days of idling in Ironforge with all the familiar people of my server. /tear
    I even miss the trade chat trolls of my Ironforge lol

It would be nice for all of the capitol cities to have a reason to exist instead of just Stormwind or Orgrimmar.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooney View Post
    We have not even heard mention of Exodar, at least I haven't, for a xpac that is focused on Draenor.
    The Exodar wasn't on Draenor until shortly before TBC, so don't expect to see much of it.