Poll: What whole dollar value would you be prepared to pay for a single char boost-to-90?

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Achor View Post
    If you play a sologame ....

But you are in a MMORPG!

It does affect your gameplay and the gameplay of others (and also nonshopcustomers!)
    With X Chars and X professions, and also X garnisons, there will be no trading.
    professions offer gear, charms offer gear, even faster leveling offers faster gear.

Blizz would so fasten getting gear.
    And then?

Raiding is lame? get some gear in the shop?

with buying lvl 90 chars blizz could turn off Classic till MoP!
    Who needs this Serverwaste? there is noone who would ever level again!
    giving bucks is more efficient then "wasting time" and play throug all this areas.
    Professions offer gear, sure, but it's useless gear that's worse than what you get in raids. Charms are boring to grind, but basically mandatory if you raid, but since you have to get them anyway it doesn't matter. Faster leveling doesn't give faster gear, that doesn't even make sense.

So, we're back to where we started, which was that buying level 90s doesn't have any negatives, and until you can buy actual gear, highest ilvl PvP/PvE gear, what they sell on the shop doesn't matter. Simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Calm down killer....if you are so good you don't have to spend any time in LFR where these "fucking idiots" will likely spend most of their time. Buying 90s isn't going to be used by new players as much as vetern players who are tired of doing the same level grind every time they want to try a new class.
    You must be joking yourself. It is going to be used by EVERYONE. Blizzard knows this and they know they are going to make millions off it. This is NOT for the players. Not even one bit. This is to make them money and a hell of alot of it.

Most "vetern players" (I have played since day one and still think this is a stupid term) Already have every class.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Must be new to wow. Killing the boss is most often just a means to the end. People play for a variety of reasons, such as PVP, Gearing their toons, Collecting Mounts, and so on. If you think that the arbitrary and outdated content that is 1-90 is skipping a majority of the game for most people you are wrong. To give you an example, its funny how many people in my guild currently have RAF accounts rolling because of Christmas Sales, they are all planning on getting toons to 85 and transferring them to their main accounts....no one in my guild enjoys pre90 content anymore.
    I know there's no real ''end'' in WoW where you can come, but if I had to pick an end for myself it would be killing off their final boss. I do see it as the main thing to do in WoW, while other stuff like PvP, farming stuff, exploring etc are side stuff to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylez View Post
    How is it a terrible idea? I unsubbed because I don't have the time to level 1-90. I would gladly pay $10 for a boost to level 90. For veteran players learning a new class is second nature. Times are changing. You are either in or out. You choose.
    Pretty much this. It's really easy to learn a class and you can google if you want to find tune it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should charge $5000 for it

10+ Year Old Account
    $15 is fair, a lot of the costs of things in the blizzard store are already too high, especially considering they don't have any package deals or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    5 euros for me. You can already get WoW for less than 10 at some places, and that gives you 2 months time (the 2nd month would give you a month on your main which you'd have paid otherwise) of 3x faster levelling and every third char instant.

Considering that RAF+heirlooms+battlechest will be up to 90 at some point during WoD anyways, I think going higher than 10 a char would be silly: You'd pay more for 1 instant than you'd pay for 1-2 instants if you were willing to put the time in to level 2-4 characters in super-speed mode over the course of 2 months.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

It's gonna be a deluxe edition bonus - $40 for WoD without Boost, $60 for WoD with Boost and $20 to buy Boost DLC

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    Buy game, skip immediatley to 90, queue up for LFR, 'beat' WoW in 30 minutes.

Things streamlined enough for everybody yet?
    but when this comes in for free with WoD the level cap is 100, so unless you can level from 90 to 100, gear and beat LFR in 30 minutes I don't see your point. all this does is means people can go straight to the new content instead of having to play through multiple old expansions with a confused story that is all over the place due to BC and Wrath content being out of sync with the rest of the game post cataclysm.

now if they were giving a free level 100 and the option to boost to level 100 fair enough, but chances are those last 10 levels will probably take longer than the first 60-80 levels with how low exp requirements are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post

If that's the case, then they should just say "Only 1 boosted 90 per account". Easy.

This.

I understand leveling is a pain is the ass, trust me. I have yet to finish my rogue, priest, and pally bc im so sick of leveling (7 90s already).
    But being able to buy 90s, to me, feels like I wasted so much effort leveling everyone other then my main..

Instant 90s are not a huge deal, it doesn't make me angry or anything. And I believe blizz said somewhere there will be an introductory quest chain for all insta 90s that shows them wtf to do? Not 100% sure with that though. But it does seem like a let down to anyone who has already leveled 4+ toons.

Im fine with the free 90 with WoD, but in the off chance a blizz poster sees this, please do not make them purchasable. That would be a start down a slippery slop of pay to win. Cosmetic items and mounts for purchase? fine, whatever. Characters? please no.. People dont know how to play their class now, even with a hand holding quest chain, do you really think they will know what to do if they skip to 90?

10+ Year Old Account
    Might as well make the maximum level 10 and remove 11-90.

Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    WoW must be on its last legs in the eyes of the designers if they are ready to go back on their own word so blatantly. For nearly 10 years we have been told that the journey to maximum level is an important part of learning to play a character and developing our playstyles in general. The fact now we are being told they are even considering going back on it makes me want to shake my head in disgust.

A terrible idea from start to finish. It's like they are not even trying to hide Activisions toxic influence any longer.
    One of the big problems with that is Blizzard has neglected the learning to play a character part. The majority of it is just a grind with no learning. Classic and BC still had learning as a factor including in low level dungeons that was tossed out around WotLK. Even a lot of end game content doesnt teach players how to play their class.

From WotLK Blizzard has seen a decrease in new subs and tried in Cata with an old world revamp that resulted in screwing over end game. The developers have been trying to get new players in and at this point the developers are going in with a cost effective measure to try and lure new and returning players back into the game. I am not agreeing for Blizzard to go against their word but Blizzard has done so multiple times the past couple expansions already showing how the developers will sacrifice trust to keep the game afloat.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelbert View Post
    Might as well make the maximum level 10 and remove 11-90.
    In a way that concept sounds good or at least make it where you spend x levels in the starting zone then jump into the latest expansion content. With the rate of leveling players are already missing so much lore as is and from a current story stand point it is events that have already passed. The content will still be there for players to see if they so wish.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-01-01 at 11:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    One of the big problems with that is Blizzard has neglected the learning to play a character part. The majority of it is just a grind with no learning. Classic and BC still had learning as a factor including in low level dungeons that was tossed out around WotLK. Even a lot of end game content doesnt teach players how to play their class.

From WotLK Blizzard has seen a decrease in new subs and tried in Cata with an old world revamp that resulted in screwing over end game. The developers have been trying to get new players in and at this point the developers are going in with a cost effective measure to try and lure new and returning players back into the game. I am not agreeing for Blizzard to go against their word but Blizzard has done so multiple times the past couple expansions already showing how the developers will sacrifice trust to keep the game afloat.
    More like play their classes, since some are altoholics who go through the same grind.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Absolutely it is, and it becomes an even larger majority with each passing expansion.
    Levelling is an archaic are tired aspect of the game. Is it necessary? Sure. Is it the majority of the content? Absolutely not! Some would argue that the game doesn't even start until you are max level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekx View Post
    But it does seem like a let down to anyone who has already leveled 4+ toons.
    Valid argument tbh but the same thing could have been said about catch up mechanisme. personally i would be happy. prop won't use it much only if a friend wants me to join on a new server or something along those lines.

Personally I won't feel cheated.
    And I do have my fair share of chars.
    Have deleted at least 17 pre bc chars cause I could not be arsed leveling and 5 pre wrath chars

Personally I also belieave this will get more people into wow.
    I have many friends who would like to play but don't want to play alone. so by getting him to 90 we can both enjoy current content together.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Did you know that subscription is pay2win?
    No it's not, a sub based model in a game is kinda like a college education. You pay to have the opportunity to get a degree, but it's not guaranteed. In WoW you have an opportunity to see end game, but it's not a guarantee thing.

Actually.... a thought, if we assume this isn't a hoax (), it wouldn't be much cheaper than a server transfer. Why pay Blizzard's absurd transfer costs for multiple characters when you could just move your main and buy cheap 90's to replace your alts.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alocin View Post
    No it's not, a sub based model in a game is kinda like a college education. You pay to have the opportunity to get a degree, but it's not guaranteed. In WoW you have an opportunity to see end game, but it's not a guarantee thing.
    Yes it is. In order to get beyond level 20 you have to sub. While you can have a college level of education and even more without paying anyone.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    Ermmm...yes? I quit this month and uninstalled wow+addons (gl coming back if I have to redo them, cba) because the microtransactions are starting. So yes, people are actually gonna quit over this bullshit. Insta-90 are just the final push I needed.
    So you unsubscribed and not not returning because of a few OPTIONAL extra paid features that in now way give you an advantage at max level? I'm sorry but this made me laugh. If you quit and throw a tantrum over features that are completely OPTIONAL then I'd hate to see how you react to real life issues and stresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Actually.... a thought, if we assume this isn't a hoax (), it wouldn't be much cheaper than a server transfer. Why pay Blizzard's absurd transfer costs for multiple characters when you could just move your main and buy cheap 90's to replace your alts.
    I think it's more of a hassle for Blizzard to have to adjust a database with Character Transfers (they have to remove a toon from one server and add it to another) as opposed to a boosted 90 just adds a new toon to a server.

So I don't see why a boosted toon could be less than a character transfer, but i can see why it would be more as well as it almost replaces the feature entirely minus all the gear and reps you've earned.