How Do I Extend a Lockout Infinitely?

Anyone wanna give me a step-by-step retard proof how-to? From what I can see, after I've extended it once, all I can do is cancel the extension or let it expire. I don't see any option or way to extend it another week, but I know it's possible, as I have friends who do it.

You wait until next week. If you haven't overwritten it, the same lockout will still be available to extend again.

Once the week is over, the lockout will be "unextended" but will still be in the raid info tab, so you can just extend it again. Although lockouts tend to reset in major content patches/expansions.

Be careful -- my understanding, based on personal experience, is that even if you manually extend it every week, it's not possible to extend it "infinitely". Eventually the lockout just clears. I'm not sure if this only happens if you're not actively using the lockout (as in, killing at least one boss) for a while, or if it's just a certain amount of time, period, you can extend.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    why would you want to

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpurin View Post
    Once the week is over, the lockout will be "unextended" but will still be in the raid info tab, so you can just extend it again. Although lockouts tend to reset in major content patches/expansions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    You wait until next week. If you haven't overwritten it, the same lockout will still be available to extend again.
    So pretty much after extending it once I just let it "expire", and after the reset on Tuesday it'll be still to reactive on the raid tab?

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Be careful -- my understanding, based on personal experience, is that even if you manually extend it every week, it's not possible to extend it "infinitely". Eventually the lockout just clears. I'm not sure if this only happens if you're not actively using the lockout (as in, killing at least one boss) for a while, or if it's just a certain amount of time, period, you can extend.
    Pretty sure that happens on patches or something. Although I heard if your realm gets merged it happens as well.

Quote Originally Posted by palladish View Post
    why would you want to
    Mount runs. Why clear up to Yogg/LK if you don't have to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    Mount runs. Why clear up to Yogg/LK if you don't have to.
    Well, just kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by palladish View Post
    why would you want to
    Well I've had a H lei shen lock out for weeks now, guild can't be bothered to do it.

That's how I do it for ICC:

You need another char to "save" the ID. This can either be a char on another account of yours or a friend's.

Conventions:
    - alt A: the one with the saved ID
    - alt B: the alt with which you want to kill LK25hc

Prerequsite:
    - Clear 11/12 10 man normal mode (it will not work with 10 man if you kill a single boss in hc!). Make sure alt A is present when you kill the 11th boss (Sindragosa).

Then each reset you can do the following:
    - set raid difficulty of both alt A and and alt B to 25 normal mode
    - open the raid tab of alt A and extend the 11/12 ID
    - let alt A invite alt B into the group (no need to make it a raid)
    - enter ICC with alt B, accept the 11/12 ID
    - leave the group with alt A
    - set raid difficutly to 25 hc on alt B
    - proceed to kill LK25hc

I've been doing that for months, the lockout doesn't event get reset when patches hit. Oh, and you can use one saved ID to kill the LK25hc with multiple alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    Anyone wanna give me a step-by-step retard proof how-to? From what I can see, after I've extended it once, all I can do is cancel the extension or let it expire. I don't see any option or way to extend it another week, but I know it's possible, as I have friends who do it.
    ill give you example with icc which players like to extend since you dont need to clear all boss on heroic in order to do lich king heroic
    player 1 clear all boss up to lich king.
    player 1 invite player 2 to party
    player 2 invite player 1 alt to party.
    player 1 alt can now enter icc and kill lich king on heroic.

2nd week
    player 1 extend lockout and invite player 2
    player 2 invite player 1 alt
    player 1 alt can kill lichking again and so on.

only 1 requirement, the player you wanna kill heroic on need to have normal raid finished in order to switch to heroic
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Deleted
    - Clear all the way to the boss you wanna farm (e.g. Ultraxion), kill Hagara(boss before) on an alt. (don't touch the instance on that toon again)
    (reset day)
    - Log on the alt where you killed Hagara
    - open Raid Tab, click "Dragon Soul", hit extend (you don't need to zone in!)
    - Invite a friend, convert party to raid group, make everyone assist
    - Log to your main
    - Tell your friend to invite you
    - Zone in the instance, accept save
    - Kill boss
    (next reset)
    - Repeat

so if you have say 11 90's and you're saved on 1 of them, you can basicly do that boss 10 times/ week

I once killed 2 times first 3 bosses in the Karazhan in a week.