Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    No. That's due to the base modifiers impacting that steroid, a lot.

Jinx has a base of 0.625 + 1% per level. That is incredibly low.

For more info: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Attack_speed

//edit: At lvl 18, Tristana has a base atk speed gain of 68,625%. Jinx' gain is a mere 17%.
    Huh, you're right. This makes tristana a much better auto-attacker than jinx, at least for the most important 7 seconds of a fight, and she has much longer range while doing it to boot. Why do I see all these pros play jinx in tourmanents, instead of tristana, then? I don't play adc much, as I suck at it, but it seems to me like tristana should be a great one, with her terrain-traversing jump that resets on kill/assist (seems superior to jinx' passive), and her ult that knocks people out of her face.

I guess jinx does have her fishbones, but when she whips that out her attack speed drops to almost nothing.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    Huh, you're right. This makes tristana a much better auto-attacker than jinx, at least for the most important 7 seconds of a fight, and she has much longer range while doing it to boot. Why do I see all these pros play jinx in tourmanents, instead of tristana, then? I don't play adc much, as I suck at it, but it seems to me like tristana should be a great one, with her terrain-traversing jump that resets on kill/assist (seems superior to jinx' passive), and her ult that knocks people out of her face.

I guess jinx does have her fishbones, but when she whips that out her attack speed drops to almost nothing.
    Jinx has more utility than Trist for about equal damage, which is why she is used more. She also has a safer early game, where Trist needs to jump on you when she goes all in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post

Jinx has a good early game with excellent trading. So does Tristana.

Jinx has her max range/Aspeed @ lvl 9 (assuming Q maxed), Tristana @ lvl 18. Tristana doesn't have her maxed ASpeed till lvl 13, generally speaking.

Tristana auto-pushes, Jinx by choice.

Tristana is safer than Jinx.

Tristana has a slump in power between lvl 7 and 13, which can be negated by items, but that's not guaranteed. This tends to be around the time the first Dragons and Towers get taken and Tristana is ramping up at that point, while Lucian, Sivir, Draven or Jinx peak around that time.

That said, while she might not be top tier, she is most definitely viable and the best choice of the late game hypercarries in my opinion. Seeing how the games are longer and more drawn out, she's a very good choice these days.

All this talk about using APs as AD and no1 mentions TF...

I remember a time when TF was a valid AD bot laner.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post

Then you reopen the thread and look at the top post of page 2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post

TF is still a decent adc tbh. He's just better as ap.

Meh, you can successfully adc as anything. Played adc brand yesterday and stomped the lane with a leblanc support and zilean jungle :P