Deleted

This is getting ridiculous!

This is getting pretty much fucking ridiculous. I can accept the "wpvp can't be balanced anyway" bullshit after being shoved down my throat but why the fuck do I now have to contend with retarded items from stupid isle ?! I enjoy wpvp against strong opponents but this evening I was sitting in Goldshire, as I always do, waiting for hordes to come out and play when 3 hordes arrived and they all had some fucking items that they use to banish themselves and become immune to damage for 10 seconds or something while still being able to move around and cast spells, they were ranged classes and really made use of this bullshit. This is ofcourse on top of even more shit like +500 in all stats buff and whatever else ( probably not even the devs know by now how much such garbage they implemented) retarded crap from stupid isle.

Really, Blizzard ?! Here's a thought: how about you restrict the use of these bullshit items to stupid isle only and let us enjoy whatever wreck of a wpvp you left us with ?!

World PvP has always ALWAYS been about using EVERYTHING on the table (bubble hearth even!). It is a dog-eat-dog world in WPvP. Your opponents spent extra time getting special items (maybe even hard to get items), and then used them to slay you. I see nothing wrong here. If a DK uses army. A Shammy uses lust. A Pally uses bubble hearth to avoid. A warlock uses doomguard. Do you consider those cheating since they do not meet the "meta" of fair play as dictated by RBG / Arena ?

World PvP is chaos, and if you really cared about being as good as you act, you would enjoy spending time getting some of the neat gizmos and gadgets that increase your WPvP power. (Invis pots are fun).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skul View Post
    World PvP has always ALWAYS been about using EVERYTHING on the table (bubble hearth even!). It is a dog-eat-dog world in WPvP. Your opponents spent extra time getting special items (maybe even hard to get items), and then used them to slay you. I see nothing wrong here. If a DK uses army. A Shammy uses lust. A Pally uses bubble hearth to avoid. A warlock uses doomguard. Do you consider those cheating since they do not meet the "meta" of fair play as dictated by RBG / Arena ?

World PvP is chaos, and if you really cared about being as good as you act, you would enjoy spending time getting some of the neat gizmos and gadgets that increase your WPvP power. (Invis pots are fun).
    I do not spend time getting such crap because any fight where you overpower the enemy with powerful crap that doesn't even belong to your class, is not truly a won fight, nor is beating an opponent whom you vastly overgear. Doing wpvp in a such way is just trolling and not much different than targetting weak opponents: you will win, yes, but you'll be a douchebag with no skills since your skills are never truly tested in these fights.

I prefer to enjoy clear victories, not steamrolling noobs, if I wanted to rape noobs I would go to Hellfire Peninsula with the rest of the retards.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexarion View Post
    I do not spend time getting such crap because any fight where you overpower the enemy with powerful crap that doesn't even belong to your class, is not truly a won fight, nor is beating an opponent whom you vastly overgear. Doing wpvp in a such way is just trolling and not much different than targetting weak opponents: you will win, yes, but you'll be a douchebag with no skills since your skills are never truly tested in these fights.

I prefer to enjoy clear victories, not steamrolling noobs, if I wanted to rape noobs I would go to Hellfire Peninsula with the rest of the retards.
    Sounds like their skill of preparation outweighs yours.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    As the second poster said, WPVP is chaos and about using any advantage you might have. This is not secret.

Sooooo basically you got stomped into the ground and are pretty mad about it. Nothing more to see here, move along.

did you ever had any open world "duel" vs some engeneer back in vanilla or smth?

This is getting pretty much fucking ridiculous. I can accept the "wpvp can't be balanced anyway" bullshit after being shoved down my throat but why the fuck do I now have to contend with retarded items from stupid isle ?! I enjoy wpvp against strong opponents but this evening I was sitting in Goldshire, as I always do, waiting for hordes to come out and play when 3 hordes arrived and they all had some fucking items that they use to banish themselves and become immune to damage for 10 seconds or something while still being able to move around and cast spells, they were ranged classes and really made use of this bullshit. This is ofcourse on top of even more shit like +500 in all stats buff and whatever else ( probably not even the devs know by now how much such garbage they implemented) retarded crap from stupid isle.

Really, Blizzard ?! Here's a thought: how about you restrict the use of these bullshit items to stupid isle only and let us enjoy whatever wreck of a wpvp you left us with ?!
    The day world PvP becomes "fair and balanced" is the day they neuter it to oblivion. World PvP is about gimmicks, strategy, placement and surprise. Its WAR, in WARcraft, we shouldn't be playing fucking checkers with the Orcs and making rules like a game of tag.

I play on PvP servers because the wussies who can't handle the stress of getting ganked all the way to 90 roll somewhere else, filtering out the kids and the bads and leaving quality guildmates at level 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    did you ever had any open world "duel" vs some engeneer back in vanilla or smth?
    Heheheh. Engineering trinkets were all I had on my mind while typing my post above. Man engineering is WPvP lordship (or atleast used to be).

Sadly OP just does not have what it takes to actually WPvP. He should stick to RBG / Arena where things are "fair."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    The day world PvP becomes "fair and balanced" is the day they neuter it to oblivion. World PvP is about gimmicks, strategy, placement and surprise. Its WAR, in WARcraft, we shouldn't be playing fucking checkers with the Orcs and making rules like a game of tag.

I play on PvP servers because the wussies who can't handle the stress of getting ganked all the way to 90 roll somewhere else, filtering out the kids and the bads and leaving quality guildmates at level 90.
    So the War in Warcraft fallacy trying to mix what happens in the story into gameplay. It doesn't work like thtat.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    I used to Mind control Horde off The Great Lift in Thousand Needles back before it flooded. They died AND took repair damage.

WPvP is nasty business, yo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    So the War in Warcraft fallacy trying to mix what happens in the story into gameplay. It doesn't work like thtat.
    How so? War isn't fair, and getting jumped is part of war. If anything it breaks story even more so when horde and alliance quest side-by-side in Swamp of Sorrows on a PvE server while total chaos surrounds them.

All's far in war. Attacking someone isn't about being fair, its like a street fight, except it is life and death, biting, eye gouging, kicking in the balls are all acceptable in that scenario. If you want semi balanced pvp, and even then not very well balanced, do bgs and arenas.

WPvP > instanced PvP for those very reasons. You obviously were not prepared.

10+ Year Old Account
    One time two people were fighting me at the same time in World PvP. I didn't queue for 2v1's. This game's unfair.

Yadda yadda.

Nothing's being shoved down your throat. There's a lot of random factors in world PvP besides some stupid Timeless Isle items. If you're expecting to win every encounter because you feel you're the better player/have the higher arena rating, you're gonna have a bad time.

lo, how old are you? I know age doesn't make the person, but damn, that's some heavy childish QQ right there..

It's not some battleground, arena or other "match".. It's open war and I will use any possible kind of advantage I can get, to beat you and other whiners to the ground.. cause that makes it so much more fun.

Get into the damn fight, learn the game and stop acting as a spoiled brat.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Deleted
    I assume in that case that it is indeed an exploit.
    Blizzard was very sloppy with the general design of the timeless isle. There are lots of abusable bugs around, and they currently don't care about it at all.
    So yes, people exploit in wpvp all the time. And nobody cares because Blizzard does not care.

Also its not a timeless isle item: http://www.wowhead.com/item=90078/cracked-talisman
    Which was recently "buffed" to be usable everywhere.
    The exploit part is the part how to get it to let you cast.

Anyways, i find the exploit with multiple concurrent Stacks of http://www.wowhead.com/item=104312 FAR more annoying as it works everywhere. (outside of Arenas/Raids).

You can always rightclick their frame and report and hope for the best.

Deleted
    If you want fair pvp, go do arena or RBG. He used clever items to defeat you. War isn't fair and never will be.

Wpvp is silly. Just don't do it.

World pvp is where I actually have the most fun in this game.

I mostly pvp. I have a RL friend arena partner, mostly for capping our toons, but doing 2v2s for fun too. I do bgs and rbgs, but for real, world pvp is what I love the most.
    Defending goldshire against a little raid of hordies, or organizing one and hitting the Orgrimmar duel area. Fighting at the great wall, and so on...

One thing tho that is a must fix in my opinion is how OP heroic PVE gear has become in WPVP. They gotta do something about that. Put some of the resil back on the pvp gear; or making pvp power actually awesome; or tunning down the ilvl of heroic gear as soon as it engages a player; (im just saying stuff here, dont need to be any of these suggestions), whatever make it a lil more balanced.

Besides that, I think the usage of any thing the world can provide, any field advantage, flasks, whatever, its all part of the war, and its all good.