PvP Professions?

I am doing professions on my Warrior right now, since I am starting to main him for PvP. My Hunter which I main'd was Eng n LW. I always found Eng nice in PvP. I was thinking maybe doing BS n JC on Warrior but should I replace JC w/ Eng? Opinions n thoughts??

Happy New Years!!!

If you are just doing mostly random bgs definitely go eng. I personally like the hand slot one use dps trinket eng has.

BS > JC. I'd get Engi with BS but I'm too lazy to abandon mining.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Tailoring gives a 4k attack power proc. So I would go tailoring and engineering or if you run double dps trinkets tailoring/JC.
    Last edited by worstpvperus; 2014-01-03 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by worstpvperus View Post
    Tailoring gives a 4k attack power proc. So I would go tailoring and engineering or if you run double dps trinkets tailoring/JC.
    Tailoring isn't reliable though. It can proc when you don't need it and leave you weaker when you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Random bgs and wpvp: engineering.

For warrior?

BS'ing / Engineering

JC'ing is extremely meh and the only reason I haven't dropped it for engineering is because of the gold income I make off of it.
    (Nor do I feel the benefit is worth it since I'm not doing any sort of real push where it matters.)

Deleted
    What does BS exactly do for pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    What does BS exactly do for pvp?
    adds sockets to your gloves and bracers

Engineering is the only real profession that has PvP "toys". Engineering is still very good in rated play because it allows you to use the proc trinket along with CC trinket and still have an on use to use (gloves). All the other professions are equal as far as what they give you (raw stats). Tailoring was mentioned because of the proc cloak, which is how some of these mages are pulling off insane burst. They mostly all run with no trinket and they get cloak proc, trinket proc, jade proc from weapon, do their on use then pop alter time. That gives them insane burst that they can do twice in a row. With that said, the cloak proc is not as important for warriors I feel.

I would definitely take engineering, and then I would pick your other profession based on something that can net you some axillary benefits. BS will allow you two extra sockets and cheap belt buckles and weapon chains. You also can make a little coin off BS. JC will give you two 320 stat primary gems, but you can make a lot of money off it.

I guess since you are talking warrior then you have to think about the fact that you want crit more than strength. (that may change next expac)

BS - two sockets 320 main stat or 640 secondary
    JC - JC gems 320 main stat
    Enchant - 320 main stat enchant on rings
    Alchemy - nothing for rated, flasks I suppose for rnadoms
    Inscription - 320 main stat to shoulders
    LW - 320 main stat to bracers
    Tailoring - cloak proc 4k AP

So as you can see all the other professions are roughly equal and you should choose them based on what they can get you outside of that. With all that said, the optimal route for warrior is BS/Eng but it is a slim margin. You might be better off getting inscription/Eng since this is an alt and have someone that can make cards at the start of the next expansion and make a killing on trinket decks.

@Tyrean

Alchemist's Flask (http://wowpedia.org/Alchemist%27s_Flask - 320 main stat) is usable on rated. You also gain it with other flasks active (so your 1000 stat flask turns into a 1320 stat flask) plus it increases the duration to 2 hours.
    Also, there are gems for secundary stats and main stat + resil and main stat + pvp power.

Unless there is something I am not aware, BS is as good as JC for PVP.

When resilience meant something I took the main stat-res gems on my JC, but now it is better to just main stat because of how poorly pwoer/res work.

I was not aware of the alchemist flask, thanks for that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Engineering is your best profession. Everything else is equal except for tailoring, herbalism and mining which are weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by worstpvperus View Post
    Proc ? You're doing it wrong!

PvP Professions - Engineering + JC or BC.