Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Field Marshal
    What were your favourite highlights of the races during 2013 amongst the top guilds? Did you expect a boss to last much longer than it did? Did a guild surprise you with their performance/lack of? Was a little surprised how undertuned the first half of Soo was. This was the first tier after TF was introduced however, so that's likely what did that.

What were your personal highlights and lows in raiding in 2013? Did any bosses surprise you in difficulty? Highlights - Heroic Animus, My guilds Heroic WOTE kill....where the tanks died and the bosses de-synced. Was nerd rage city. Heroic Blackfuse was an absolute masterpiece, and shocked me with it's difficult/punishing yet quite simple mechanics.

Did you enjoy the encounters, any you loved/hated? What type of fights would you love to see more of? Hated - Reset Kings, Elegon Lag, Amber Shaper gimmick, Tortos (zzzzz...). Loved Wote, Shek'zeer, Protectors of the Endless, Dark Animus, Lei Shen, Siegecrafter, Spoils, and Zor'lok.

Did your raiding guild/team perform better than previous years and shaping up to be a great team for the coming year and expansion? I am so proud of my team. They have been consistently improving for the 3 years I've been GM. We've achieved all of our goals, now currently setting new ones for WOD.
    Sinthetik, BM Monk. GM, Exiled From Hell, US Premiere Daytime 25 man. 14/14 heroic. US #116

What were your favorite highlights of the races during 2013 amongst the top guilds? Did you expect a boss to last much longer than it did? Did a guild surprise you with their performance/lack of?
    I don't really keep track of these world first races. However, I have been kind of shocked that so many high end guilds have been dying off (Exodus, vodka, etc.)

What were your personal highlights and lows in raiding in 2013? Did any bosses surprise you in difficulty?
    I will state my worst before my best.
    Worst- It took my group about a month and a half to kill Durumu. At that time, both of our tanks had quit due to RL issues. We were struggling to fill the slots, and our group almost disbanded.

Best- When we finally killed Durumu. I have never had a more satisfying boss kill.

Did you enjoy the encounters, any you loved/hated? What type of fights would you love to see more of?

For the most part, I did enjoy the encounters. There were a few I did not particularly enjoy, however.

Loved- Empress in HOF. That fight was just crazy chaotic. It was one of those fights where one little mistake could wipe the raid. Not terribly challenging, but not terribly easy either. It's hard to explain why I like it.

I also loved all of TOT. TOT was truly a great raid.

Hated- Fights that are not LFR friendly (Garalon and Durumu in particular).

Did your raiding guild/team perform better than previous years and shaping up to be a great team for the coming year and expansion?
    This is hard for me to answer. In the start of 2013, my raid group transferred from a dead server to a high pop server. It went well until our two tanks left. We struggled to fill the slots. Though we eventually did, our group was plagued by attendance problems forever after. It got to a point where we could no longer sustain our group, and we disbanded in July. It was a sad time, I loved that group

I found my current raid group in August. I can't answer the first half of the question, but this group is going strong so far. We killed our first heroic in SOO before going on holiday break. However, we are slow to fill our vacant raid slots, so we have been relying on pugs to keep us going. I hope this changes.

<3 Kuragalolz for the signature and avatar

What were your personal highlights and lows in raiding in 2013? Did any bosses surprise you in difficulty?
    My personal highlight would be how good the guild, me and a few buddies created at the start of the expansion, has done this expansion. Cleared everything on heroic except for TOES (starting up is hard). Figuring out tactics by myself instead of looking for guides was also a very fun thing to do, I'll definitely continue on this path.
    SoO got really boring really fast for me though, mainly because I switched from retribution to protection. Protection spec couldn't be more boring than it currently is. Also had some drama with raiders in the guild.

Did you enjoy the encounters, any you loved/hated? What type of fights would you love to see more of?
    Im basing this all on the heroic encounters
    T14 Encounters:
    Loved: Spirit Kings, Elegon, Will of the Emperors, Vizier Zor'lok, Tsulong
    Hated: Wind Lord Meljarak, Amber-Shaper Unsok, Grand Empress Shekzeer, Lei Shit

T15 Encounters:
    Loved: Horridon, Ji-Kun, Durumu the Forgotten, Dark Animus, Lei Shen
    Hated: Tortos, Twin Consorts, Ra-den (Not really hated, but a big let-down)

T16 Encounters (This is where I got really bored of playing):
    Loved: Spoils of Pandaria, Siegecrafter Blackfuse
    Hated: Basically every other fight

Did your raiding guild/team perform better than previous years and shaping up to be a great team for the coming year and expansion?
    We've had no previous years. The guild I was in in Cataclysm fell apart when MoP started and me and a few buddies made our own. We definitely exceeded our own expectations. People called quits after SoO was down, so I dont think there will be a coming year/expansion for this guild.

So many interesting and great replies with many mixed responses, great to see such a variety! Keep it up guys

For me I was going to be hardcore entering the expansion, however, due to irl circumstances after Garajal/Spirit Kings in MSV HC, I had to step back from raiding and took a LFR approach. I then took a few months break coming back just as 5.3 was launching and decided I wanted to get the legendary q complete before 5.4 (which I completed the week before launch) since then I been doing some LFR. I was impressed by the races the full way, I would of thought the bosses in SoO may of been more difficultly tuned due to the large breaks between expansions, but similar to all end dungeons, it had the similar fate. Not sure what life will have for me for WoD, but I will be playing it but it probably will be in a casual approach with LFR/Flex/Normals.
    Proud Moderator of Raids and Dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Azshira View Post
    I would of thought the bosses in SoO may of been more difficultly tuned due to the large breaks between expansions, but similar to all end dungeons, it had the similar fate.
    I was hoping that it would be like that but alas ... I guess if history is any indication than this was just a wet nerds dream. But overall it is a good tier with a good race and it's definitely worthy of finishing off this great raiding expansion. Looking forward to raiding in WoD; hoping that it doesn't disappoint.