Deleted

Question about boomy opener

Hello folks and happy new year :-)

i have a question about the best way to start a fight as a boomkin:

Lets say we fight against malkorok hc and get bloodlust at the start. How did you go through your rotation?

I go with solar and pre planted shrooms and start with pulltimer on zero:

prepot, starfall.
    Then incarnation, explode shrooms, wait until the gcd is over.
    I have shamans trinket and immerseus and i believe both are rppm trinkets. I would say throught shrooms there are a chance of 60% or more that i get both trinkets running. If this is the case then:

I go on with ca + sunfire.
    Then i spam starfire. If i get a ss-proc i fire it right after starfire and go on with starfire. I believe starfire with so much haste has a higher dps then ss-procs. Is this right? This way around i get to round about 1 mil+ dps in the burst singletarget with itemlvl 574. is this fine or wrong? I tryed ss-procs-chaining in the burst which is very likely with warrior-crit-buff etc but i only get to 800k+.

I recast sunfire again during ca while both trinkets + prepot and meta are running together in the last possible second.

I use the next starfall when the first falls off.

Cause immerseus didnt proc always with the shrooms explosion i have a second way to go:

I do all things the same (shamans-trinket procs close to always with the shrooms explosion) but i cast sunfire again when the immerseus trinket starts running later during ca which applies the dots again and steals one gcd fireing sf instead. This way i get both dots running with the most possible dps increase. Is this a dps gain or a dps loose? I am unsure...

Any other strats and meanings are welcome if statet with a little bit theory background.

Thx in advance

Deleted
    greetings friend,

1. Purified Bindings of Immerseus is a ICD trinket (15% chance, 115 sec cooldown)

2. if you have Sinister Primal Diamond the solar opener is the best one

3. my singletarget opener is as follow:
    - preplant Wild Mushrooms
    - +5.5sec till pull: enter Solar Eclipse (1.0sec GCD granted)
    - +4.0sec till pull: Starfall
    - +3.0sec till pull: prepot + Wrath
    - +1.0sec till pull: Incanation

- pull: Nature's Vigil + Celestial Alignment + Wild Mushroom: Detonate + (if all buffs are up: Berserking + Synapse Springs + Moonfire) + (if not just Moonfire)

now its a priority list:
    - Starfall (if down)
    - if all buffs are up: Berserking + Synapse Springs + Moonfire
    - Starsurge
    - Moonfire (if down)
    - Starfire till Celestial Alignment down
    ... normal rotation

4. especially for Malkorok you want to multidot all the adds (if the dps on these is not too high and the tank taunts)

if i missed something or you have further questions or suggestions to my post, please reply.

so long,

sprisli

Solar Opener:

Start in Solar Eclipse
    -2.5: Starfall
    -1.25: Incarnation
    0: Prepot + CA + Shroom Explosion + Moonfire
    1: Starsurge
    Starfire/Starsurge during CA refreshing Starfall when there is under 1 second left (Starsuge has higher priority over Starfall).
    Refresh DoTs before CA ends

Lunar Opener:

Start 1 cast from Lunar Eclipse
    -2.5 Starfall
    -1.25: Prepot + Wrath
    0: Incarnation
    1: Sunfire
    2: Moonfire
    3: Berserking (if Troll) + Starsurge
    Starfire/Starsurge until both Trinkets and Meta are about to expire and use CA + Shrooms + Moonfire.
    Continue Starfire/Starsurge during CA refreshing Starfall when there is under 1 second left
    Refresh DoTs before CA ends

These are the only 2 openers you should be doing. Some people try to do stuff like adding in extra casts for the Solar opener to get Bindings to proc before CA but it is just a massive waste of GCDs and other procs. Personally I'd recommend the Lunar opener only if you are 570+ ilvl with Bindings otherwise you'll be ending your first Lunar Eclipse too early when using CA.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2014-01-02 at 03:57 AM.

Deleted
    I haven't been using shroom explosion, does it make huge difference?

Quote Originally Posted by hermoraunio View Post
    I haven't been using shroom explosion, does it make huge difference?
    It's not very much damage but it's 1. free damage and 2. strong extra chance to proc bindings
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    I wish shrooms would apply dots to all targets they hit when they explode

Deleted
    Thx for the input! But is starfire or starsurge better during bloodlustet solar opener? If i get a ss-proc-chain should i use it over starfire?

How much dps did you do max in burst on singletarget?

If bindings start running later did you cast moonfire over starsurge/starfire once to get the buff running on your dots?

Questions over questions... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Whitestrife View Post
    Thx for the input! But is starfire or starsurge better during bloodlustet solar opener? If i get a ss-proc-chain should i use it over starfire?
    Use Starsurge procs ASAP.
    How much dps did you do max in burst on singletarget?
    Over such short durations RNG from crits or getting 2 RPPM procs is a row is going to cause a large variance but for someone around 575ilvl I'd say being at 900k-1m DPS at the end of Incarnation is a good estimate.
    If bindings start running later did you cast moonfire over starsurge/starfire once to get the buff running on your dots?
    No point clipping DoTs for trinket procs, just follow the opener.

Quote Originally Posted by hermoraunio View Post
    I wish shrooms would apply dots to all targets they hit when they explode

Maybe during CA it would be really nice for AOE fights, but.. dont see it ever happening :P

Deleted
    thx glurp!!!

Lesson learned :-)