Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You don't think BRMs have a good raid utility? Sanctuary of the Ox has saved my butt quite a few times.
    Not that they don't have decent utility as it is, but considering how unique they are overall it would be nice to see a couple more unique things with each spec. I know I couldn't have been the only one that had a fit the first time I used Roll.... I want to have that same feeling with other cool abilities that don't necessarily have a place in a strict rotation. Call me crazy.

Surge of Courage

You dazzle your allies with your amazing ability to deal with the situation with what appears only to be the clothes on your back and your nerves of raw steel.

Each time one of the monk's abilities critically hits, a nearby ally within 30 yards gains 3 charges of Surge of Courage, increasing their main stat by 500. Each time the ally becomes the victim of an ability or spell, Surge of Courage loses 1 charge. When there are no more charges left, Surge of Courage dissipates. Surge of Courage cannot activate twice during a single cycle.

Well if any of you remember the 3 threads full in the 5.4 PTR forums, myself (Elv) and a bunch of others already came up with several ideas.

We had a storm lash type Xuen statue idea. A VE/Conductivity idea. A Skeer the Bloodseeker ability (blood orbs that heal members). A nerfed version of revival. A statue that gives 3k haste, crit, or mastery to the raid depending on what their highest secondary was.

Mass transcendence. You and all allies with 8 yards are teleported to a target location.

A rework on Zen Med that would function like AMZ. A group wide Touch of Karma that would reflect 20% of damage back to the attacker as a dot over 20 seconds.

I would prefer no hard raid CD but chi burst (possibly heal only) made baseline for WW and MW. Chi torpedo would take it's place in the talent tree. A single target hard hitting ability that provides a 4s 20% healing buff on a 30s CD and makes up for 10-15% of overall WW damage.

That would be the best outcome for the monk class as it A) has good synergy for all specs B) requires smart use C) provides the necessary support D) increases single and AE damage E) looks really cool - chi burst looks way better than chi wave.
    Last edited by Juliansfist; 2014-01-04 at 08:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    Windwalker stuff. Maybe a Raidwide Earth Wind Fire spell. All players transform into a monk doing XX% more dmg for 15 seconds. Would make a windwalker must-have
    Instead of calling it Earth Wind and Fire maybe "Xuen's Fury" and have it deal Nature dmg? Kinda misleading to name it after a split spell unless it does mirror image for everyone.

How about instead of adding more button bloat we remove dps spec raid cooldowns. Tanks and healers should bring the raid cooldowns not dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Stylez View Post
    How about instead of adding more button bloat we remove dps spec raid cooldowns. Tanks and healers should bring the raid cooldowns not dps.
    Some cooldowns can be trimmed, but even if you took away every damage and healing/damage reduction cooldown from every DPS spec in the game you'd still have unique utilities like Gateways, Healthstones, Leap of Faith, Death Grip, Stampeding Roar, Symbiosis, Mocking Banner (heavily abused in some kite strats this expac), the "Hand of" spells, Spellsteal, Misdirection, Tricks of the Trade, Mass Dispel, and Mind Control. The only class without something in that super unique list besides Monks are Shamans, but that's only because they have 2 raid-wide healing CDs, a raid-wide damage CD, and pretty much every other non-unique utility in the game via totems.

Tiger's Lust and Provoke making mobs move faster for a little bit don't even compare with most of those tools, like not even in the same league. Monks need something beyond just toning down everyone else's absurd levels of shared utility.

Had this posted in another thread.
    --
    Divide Harm
    Instant 5 minute cooldown

Causes all damage taken by all raid or party members within 30 yd radius to be dealt over 7 sec.
    --
    Glyph of Fortifying Meditation
    Causes your Zen Meditation to redirect 30% of all damage taken by your party and raid members within 30 yards instead of 5 harmful spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post

Tiger's Lust and Provoke making mobs move faster for a little bit don't even compare with most of those tools, like not even in the same league. Monks need something beyond just toning down everyone else's absurd levels of shared utility.
    both Tiger's Lust and Provoke had immense use for H Lei shen. And even Leg Sweep found a really nice niche on that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Some cooldowns can be trimmed, but even if you took away every damage and healing/damage reduction cooldown from every DPS spec in the game you'd still have unique utilities like Gateways, Healthstones, Leap of Faith, Death Grip, Stampeding Roar, Symbiosis, Mocking Banner (heavily abused in some kite strats this expac), the "Hand of" spells, Spellsteal, Misdirection, Tricks of the Trade, Mass Dispel, and Mind Control. The only class without something in that super unique list besides Monks are Shamans, but that's only because they have 2 raid-wide healing CDs, a raid-wide damage CD, and pretty much every other non-unique utility in the game via totems.

That's true. Blizz can't exactly just remove all of those utility spells.

Hmm this is tough because you don't want to give WW Monks an ability that is required in a raid setting. We'd want something that would be beneficial but not mandatory.

A mastery brew or something like that would be alright but not very exciting.

Deleted
    Didn't WW monks have a celestial statue that increased raid mastery for 20 seconds, in the beta?

Any how, i doubt that they'll add any raid utility to monks (unless it's our new 100 level talents), as they have already stated that they are planning to cut down the number of raid CD's in the game.

Instead of giving classes that lack raid utility some utility and cluttering up bars even more, I say scrap them completely and let tanks/healers cover raid cooldowns. This arms race for raid utility from dps classes is a joke.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lvl 95 Ability: Mantra of Blurred Hands:

"The Monk recites a blessed Mantra causing all Party and raid members to rapidly strike at their target increasing Multistrike chance by 50% for 15secs, 5min Cooldown."

Would be a good way to add some of the new stats they are adding to the game into rotation. Also Multistrike benefits EVERYONE since it is just a second strike with whatever ability you do for a lesser amount of damage as opposed to a haste/mastery/Primary stat buff that may be better for some and useless for others.

Deleted
    I dont see why BrM and mistweavers should have more raid utility. They are allready good as are with that. The problem is the WW spec that lacks both a statue and a raid wide cd of some sorts.

I think it should be somethign fairly unique. I think the best i heard was a raid wide master increase. It would be cool with a movement increasing thing aswell even though it most likely would be similar to the druids. I am switching mains next expansion prumarily because its simply not worth it having a WW monk, and blizzard doesnt seem to want to change that up to much, or even aknowledge it.

Maybe with 10 new members we could find room for a WW monk. But it wouldnt be because we needed or even wanted one, it would just be because we covered everything else.

I just hate this narrow focus that raid utility must come in the form of a cool down.

Chi burst perhaps with as a heal only should be baseline for WW and MW; and for WW at least chi burst should increase in strength >= expel harms rate.

Failing that get rid of the expel harm glyph and add a passive to WW way of the monk that makes expel harm work on all party/raid members.

There are ways to increase support outside of a major CD. If you want a statue then here you go - gain a charge of TEB for X amount of healing. Increases the value of mastery, increases our damage output, and increases raid support and isn't imbalanced in PvP.

A well placed/timed 10 stack TEB chi burst would on average give back 3-4 charges before mastery. As crit increases you would find the average TEB gain increases which is in-turn benefited by mastery and that can make for some interesting interaction.

Cool downs - yuck.