Poll: Do you want paid boosted 90 in game?

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is not a question of want or don't want.

An option to purchase EXTRA level 90 boosts on the store is basically inevitable.

The question then is one of acceptance, do you agree with it or not.

Frankly, I don't care. I can see both sides of the argument, however I find it ultimately irrelevant.

I want it because I think it'll be too expensive to buy a new account, buy MoP and WoD and than transfer the newly boosted level 90 to my old account
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. It is the very definition of pay to win. Even the free one they're giving to everyone shouldn't be given out. If leveling is such a pain in the ass lets get rid of it. Not add store items that let you bypass excruciatingly boring leveling content.

These are reasons why the item store is ruining wow. I'm tired of greed greed and more greed from these game companies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    This is not a question of want or don't want.

An option to purchase EXTRA level 90 boosts on the store is basically inevitable.

The question then is one of acceptance, do you agree with it or not.

Frankly, I don't care. I can see both sides of the argument, however I find it ultimately irrelevant.
    No, the question is do you want it. Regardless if it is or if it isn't going to be a thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    No. It is the very definition of pay to win. Even the free one they're giving to everyone shouldn't be given out. If leveling is such a pain in the ass lets get rid of it. Not add store items that let you bypass excruciatingly boring leveling content.
    but not everyone thinks levelling is boring, so adding an OPTIONAL feature to bypass it would be the best thing, not completely removing levelling. and how exactly is it pay to win? what are you winning?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes i really want it and for everyone who hates it, then can we have a requirement where it requires you to have two level 90s on your account? The only reason for two is because of the free boosted one, I personally hate levelling now, sure its easy and its fast but its just a useless grind ive been playing the game for seven years now and it just gets stale.

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    No. There is currently too much derp, and not knowing basic class mechanics at end game, this just makes it worse by not introducing them one by one. Maybe if they set a requirement to already have a lvl 90+ of that class, but that would defeat the purpose for most people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Way too much derp.
    You're both out of touch and full of shit. This mentality has existed since I started in TBC and was barely accurate then.

I'd wager 80% of the skills and abilities each class has are not used in Leveling. Most tanks in Heirloom can solo 1-60 content and beyond if they aren't terrible. I've Ret+Mage paired most of BFD.

When Crowd Control existed and was needed from time to time when leveling in dungeons some of your assessment existed. When there were 3-5 group quests where you were forced to group to complete something, some element of your assessment existed. However, since Cata, it's been completely vacant of reality. Jesus, this is modern WoW where LFR is akin to "Free Upgrades." The idea that you "learn your class" while leveling isn't supported by any facts. It's even less probable given the near complete removal of Class quests... those things which actually did teach you your class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Strongly against it. Slippery slope for more Blizz store crap. They already tried to sell us cross-realm friend list features in Cata, the more we let slip by the less we're getting for our $40-$60 investment per expansion + $15 a month for the game + $x for moving realms / name changes / customization / refactions (all 100% automated and 100% profit).

I hate being nickled and dimed, and I hate things even remotely related to pay-for-power. And yes, this is P4P, someone with mom's credit card is lvl 90, someone without is lvl 1 for 4 days (assuming they play a LOT).

Quote Originally Posted by spekkiebig View Post
    Who cares, as long as it has no effect on my game enjoyment they can add all kinds of boosts...
    I agree with spekkiebig on this one. I don't care what Blizzard adds to the game as long as it doesn't give other players an unfair advantage over me or take away my enjoyment of the game. This means if a new player gets a fresh level 90 and has no idea about the basic concepts of the game, let alone how to play their new character, that's going to detract from my enjoyment of the game because I'll end up playing alongside them in dungeons. I don't want to be in that situation, and I'm sure other players don't either. I can't imagine the new player would be very happy either.

As it is, I think there should be some kind of marker a player has to have on their account before they can use the free 90 they get with WoD. I'm thinking of something like how it currently is for Death Knights. You can't play one until you have a level 55 on your account (or whatever the level requirement may be). The same concept should apply for the free level 90. The player first has to have at least one other level 90 on their account. This will ensure they at least know how to play the game properly. Then they only have to learn how to play their new class.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

10+ Year Old Account
    For the people saying No.... are you the same people who whine about 5 mans taking more than 10 mins and how people who complain about dps pulling should shut up and be grateful for the fast run? About how leveling is boring crap that you hate and the real game is at max level? Did you support heirlooms, XP boosts and the reduced XP needed to level? Because, if you did any of that.. um...

Look, leveling has been going away for YEARS. All of the stuff I mentioned makes getting levels faster and easier than it was in vanilla or TBC. So if this is a surprise to you, you've not been paying any attention to the game.
    Last edited by clevin; 2014-01-01 at 09:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post

These are reasons why the item store is ruining wow. I'm tired of greed greed and more greed from these game companies.
    Hm. You just made me think... if they sell "level to 10 (or 5) levels behind the new expac's level cap for the LOW LOW PRICE of $25.99!" every expansion, what is motivating them to make leveling interesting or fun?

Theoretically speaking, doesn't designing good or fun leveling experiences interfere with profits then? From a business stand point, you would want it to be as long and painful as possible so you can squeeze more cash out of people because they'll feel forced to buy the level boost, and then do so.

InB4: "We're removing heirlooms from the game, rest experience and reverting exp % increases we placed on older content. We feel like these things simply do not fit our design philosophy and need to go. They are harmful to the immersive world. It didn't make sense to enter content, do a dozen quests and a couple dungeons and then move to new zones. Breaks up the storyline too much and that isn't what we wanted the game to turn into."

AKA we added exp% potions to the blizz e store for real money, we added insta-90 (or insta-whatever as expacs continue) and we have recruit-a-friend, use your cash if you want less painful leveling, while at the same time white-knighting real game philosophies as a red herring.
    Last edited by Oneirophobia; 2014-01-01 at 09:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    I agree with spekkiebig on this one. I don't care what Blizzard adds to the game as long as it doesn't give other players an unfair advantage over me or take away my enjoyment of the game. This means if a new player gets a fresh level 90 and has no idea about the basic concepts of the game, let alone how to play their new character, that's going to detract from my enjoyment of the game because I'll end up playing alongside them in dungeons. I don't want to be in that situation, and I'm sure other players don't either. I can't imagine the new player would be very happy either.

As it is, I think there should be some kind of marker a player has to have on their account before they can use the free 90 they get with WoD. I'm thinking of something like how it currently is for Death Knights. You can't play one until you have a level 55 on your account (or whatever the level requirement may be). The same concept should apply for the free level 90. The player first has to have at least one other level 90 on their account. This will ensure they at least know how to play the game properly. Then they only have to learn how to play their new class.
    the thing with this is that a good player will be able to pick up how to play a new class at 90 quickly, and they won't suck at it when they group with you in dungeons etc.

a bad player will suck at playing a 90 character regardless of whether they levelled to 90 or got a freshly dinged 90.

The more characters at max level will just increase the potential talent available in the long run, and who knows maybe it'll kill the power leveling services.

Deleted
    to be fair leveling does nothing to help you learn, like said above most leveling content is a total joke, in dungeons if you have a warlock or hunter you don't need a tank, even if you don't have a hunter or warlock you don't need someone in a tank spec even in wrath a DPS in plate can still tank everything. leveling does nothing to help you learn your class most mobs will die in a couple of hits the only real challenge is if you pull about half the zone but even then on a lot of classes you still don't need more than a couple of abilities.

so really the boost to 90 won't affect anything other than letting people bypass the dullest part of the game, if you enjoy leveling it will still be there, the reason people are arguing against this is because like with flying they have no self control so they can't choose for them self not to use the feature they hate so they want to stop everyone.

I'd definitely stop doing instances at 90+ until max level because a lot of the fresh instant 90s would be horrible.

Payed no! They are the ones who made leveling a challenge less grind fest everyone can't stand (not that it was hard before). Now if they make it free I am all for it but they shouldn't be making money because they made a portion of there game both mandatory and terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    You're both out of touch and full of shit. This mentality has existed since I started in TBC and was barely accurate then.

I'd wager 80% of the skills and abilities each class has are not used in Leveling. Most tanks in Heirloom can solo 1-60 content and beyond if they aren't terrible. I've Ret+Mage paired most of BFD.

When Crowd Control existed and was needed from time to time when leveling in dungeons some of your assessment existed. When there were 3-5 group quests where you were forced to group to complete something, some element of your assessment existed. However, since Cata, it's been completely vacant of reality. Jesus, this is modern WoW where LFR is akin to "Free Upgrades." The idea that you "learn your class" while leveling isn't supported by any facts. It's even less probable given the near complete removal of Class quests... those things which actually did teach you your class.

Disagree, personally I learn a LOT from leveling. When I'm learning a new class I read through the passives I'll be getting for the next few levels to get ready for them (recently leveling a boomkin and LOVED getting shooting stars). Leveling also allows me to setup my bars, using many keybinds on a Naga as well as different modifiers on regular keys which blizzard wouldn't set up for me by default. Most people don't use leveling as a learning experience for how to play the class optimally, and that's their issue, however I certainly try to understand as much about the class as possible while leveling.

Additionally, I don't appreciate you calling us "out of touch and full of shit", it's just plain rude.

I won't pay to boost, but, yes, I want this in the game. The easier it is for people to get to max level, the bigger the recruitment pools are on realms, meaning my guild has an easier time finding new blood to replace people who stop playing for whatever reason.

Bring it on.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    Disagree, personally I learn a LOT from leveling. When I'm learning a new class I read through the passives I'll be getting for the next few levels to get ready for them (recently leveling a boomkin and LOVED getting shooting stars). Leveling also allows me to setup my bars, using many keybinds on a Naga as well as different modifiers on regular keys which blizzard wouldn't set up for me by default. Most people don't use leveling as a learning experience for how to play the class optimally, and that's their issue, however I certainly try to understand as much about the class as possible while leveling.

Additionally, I don't appreciate you calling us "out of touch and full of shit", it's just plain rude.
    Rude perhaps but that doesn't make it not true or accurate. This idea that because you learn or learned something in a specific way doesn't mean that it works for others or even a high enough percentage of the population to be equal. The worse part about it all is that the overhaul of the Talent system has actually made "learning" worse because they are not equal at all. So much of the game is completely situational and requires off-line research and education that the simple claim of "no no, leveling 1-90 is required" has zero and I mean ZERO evidence for support. Frankly, when coupled with the "let's fucking go already" attitude of the community as a whole, there isn't even room to "learn" by trial and error in dungeons or LFR.

So in the end, I have to agree with another poster's assessment. If you were going to be a "good" player you're still going to get there because you've taken the time to do the research. There isn't much ability to practice in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post

Regardless of how easy or convenient the game has become, it is below TBC numbers. That says something. And paid boosts are going to continue to push more people away. Lets revisit this a year from now. Lets see where these numbers are at.