Phantom Network Activity

So, I've noticed as of late that my system will randomly max out my bandwidth, seemingly forever until I turn off my wifi adapter. This happens every few days, and Window's built in network monitoring is giving me nothing. It recognizes that my adapter is transmitting north of 25Mbit per second, but it lists nothing in the process monitor showing what's actually using said bandwidth. It's definitely not a false positive, as my speeds will plummet. It also isn't saving any of the data downloaded. Also worth mentioning that nearly none of the used bandwidth is via upload.

I've tried:

Procmonitor - No luck
    ActivePorts - Not compatible with W8
    Wireshark - Captured everything, I have no idea how to use the information

Anyone have any ideas? Any simple apps that will show which process is consuming X amount of bandwidth? ProcMonitor did show me that it was under the svchost.exe umbrella, but you can't expand each one.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    You might be able to narrow down the thngs it could be using Procmon. Find the svchost with the activity and see what services are runnng in it.

You could then use task manager or services.msc to stop them one at a time until u see what it is.

Tho im beginning to think theres dodgy activity or bugs from Metro that lags Windows badly and hogs internet now and again that cant be detected using desktop tools.
    Last edited by mmoc1d03ea7d9d; 2014-01-01 at 10:11 PM.

Turned out to be BitDefender. Glad I'm still within the 30 day refund period. Apparently, BitDefender's built in firewall and port blocker keeps any flash based connection open and downloading regardless of whether or not you close your browser. This results easily in 20-30GB used in 1-2 hours if you browse around on youtube. Essentially, it downloads every single flash based video in its entirety that you browse to no matter what you do.

Apparently it's been an ongoing issue for 3 years just by browsing their support forums. Hundreds have made threads or posted in big ones about it. Somewhat shocking considering BitDefender is supposed to be the absolute best. Oh well.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics