Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Does anyone else not like the serpent mounts?

I personally find them like flying on some kind of nasty lizard you found in a sewer. I won't even attempt to hoard them. The achievement hoarders though will be doomed to collect them.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, not a fan of them myself, prefer just your standard dragon mounts personally, but it was a nice change up for the expansion I suppose.
    Personally I want more smaller flying/ground mounts around the size of the updated Gryphon and Wyvern mounts they made. I don't know why but they just feel so much neater!
    Butts.

Favourite flying mount type since Netherdrakes for me. I love the cartoonish clouds that come off them

I love those mounts actually. I've always been a fan of all type of dragons and the Chinese Dragons were high up there.

That being said, it did kind of suck that they kept doing those mounts with just different colors and affects, but still love them either way.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I think they're pretty horrible; perhaps the worst new mount so far after gryphons/wyverns. I always get a giggle out of the amount of people camping Houlon for hours and days and weeks just for the same mount as the shado-pan rep one with a little light streak on it.

Deleted
    I like them, though I do think that blizzard could have varied them more, but didn't

I like them, but I don't like how it feels like my toon should have whiplash during the idle animation. Kind of how I feel about Kodo mounts, too, when they run.

Deleted
    letkupötkylät are very bis, cool n'all

Not a fan, but I'll collect them all

They're alright, proto drakes were the worst expansion specific mount.

Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    I personally find them like flying on some kind of nasty lizard you found in a sewer. I won't even attempt to hoard them. The achievement hoarders though will be doomed to collect them.
    ? how does this image come off like a sewer lizard? Oh well, find another set of.... how many cloud serpents are there? oh well filler slots to reach the kites anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are terrible. Terrible.
    I gather them just for achievements.
    That damn tail always getting in the way... and the way they move gives me headache.

I like how some of them look, but they are totally terrible while riding them...they keep moving in bloody spirals so much it hurts my eyes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    After seeing the repetition of the generic drake mount through Sartharion, Malygos x2, Bronze Drake etc, the sheer beastliness of the Proto was amazing.

If only I can get the thundering Onyx one to drop from huolon.......
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Only for achievement.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Favourite flying mount type since Netherdrakes for me. I love the cartoonish clouds that come off them
    Reminds me of the Zelda game, the wind waker. I like them for that, but I get kinda seasick riding them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post
    The Ashpole?

Don't like them - still better than the other glory mounts though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    Did you just dis them Proto-Drakes?...

No, no, you must be feverish/delusional/hallucinating. NOBODY could possibly hate proto-drakes. NOBODY.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

They look ok but I can't stand the way they move when i'm flying on them... It doesn't feel like i'm moving in a straight line.

I was talking about this to a friend the other day and they said they didn't like it because the tail only moved to 1 side which inflames her OCD.

I will collect them but i'll never use 1 (unless I get the Elegon mount maybe).