Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The "interesting history between the Belf Paladins and the Naaru" -- on Draenor?

"The Blood Elf Paladins have an interesting history with the Naaru, so they will show up again in Warlords of Draenor."

Okay, we know the blood elves discovered the power of Tempest Keep on Draenor, but how does this happen since the timeline is supposed to be 2 years before the Orcs dranked the blood! This one is sending me back to the lore for fact check.
    -I lost 6 million of my best friends because of Cataclysm. I will NEVER forgive Blizz for that.
    -There ain't enough tequila in the universe to forget the insanity I experienced with Mists of Pandaria.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe during the alternate timeline the Tempest Keep makes an early appearance. That's what's so interesting about the alternate universe-we don't know what will happen to the warlords, the Legion, the future of Draenor and Alternate Azeroth.
    Or the lore you want could be discovered on present-day Azeroth/Outland. The possibilities!
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Alternate Azeroth is most likely not going to be relevant.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

its more do with a better understanding of the "light" and what means to draw upon the light instead of the arcane, as well as the meaning of being a "paladin"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Alternate Azeroth is most likely not going to be relevant.
    I visualize a bunch of Blizz developers sitting around a table still trying to make all of this shyt sync and work, lol.
    -I lost 6 million of my best friends because of Cataclysm. I will NEVER forgive Blizz for that.
    -There ain't enough tequila in the universe to forget the insanity I experienced with Mists of Pandaria.

I think it's just been phrased badly by the GM.

Unless they confess to the Naaru on Draenor that they used and tortured and M'uru

He's saying the naaru are going to be there and the blood elves still feel like crap for what they did.

Are the Naaru not interdimmentional themselves? Wouldn't they possibly already know about M'uru from our timeline?

Deleted
    They also said a bunch of dark iron dwarves will be there with you. So much for the "you go alone on a suicide mission". Now you also have dark iron dwarves, who, for some reason, are there too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    They also said a bunch of dark iron dwarves will be there with you. So much for the "you go alone on a suicide mission". Now you also have dark iron dwarves, who, for some reason, are there too.
    Still trying to figure out "how" it is a suicide mission when nothing we do is supposed to impact 'our' Azeroth.

Deleted
    D'ore and K'ure are already on Draenor ever since the Draenei arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooney View Post
    Still trying to figure out "how" it is a suicide mission when nothing we do is supposed to impact 'our' Azeroth.
    Because we head through the portal with Khadgar and a few others against the might of the iron horde to try and close the portal before they fully invade.

It's suicide to attempt what were doing

Nothing we do there impacts "our" Azeroth's past.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to think outside the box a bit. "Our" Blood Knights do have some history with the naaru (they drained M'uru for a good two years, were empowered by A'dal for a while after that, and finally their Sunwell was relit by a M'uru's heart), so evidently they decided to utilize them in WoD and expand on it; or in Metzen's words, "bring things full circle."

It could mean anything. Maybe Blood Knights want to learn more about where the essence of their power source comes from. Maybe they're still feeling bad about the whole M'uru thing. Maybe they're being used as a foil to the draenei and their paladins. Maybe a bit of everything.

Now I think of it... wouldn't M'uru be alive in this timeline?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    You need to think outside the box a bit. "Our" Blood Knights do have some history with the naaru (they drained M'uru for a good two years, were empowered by A'dal for a while after that, and finally their Sunwell was relit by a M'uru's heart), so evidently they decided to utilize them in WoD and expand on it; or in Metzen's words, "bring things full circle."

It could mean anything. Maybe Blood Knights want to learn more about where the essence of their power source comes from. Maybe they're still feeling bad about the whole M'uru thing. Maybe they're being used as a foil to the draenei and their paladins. Maybe a bit of everything...
    But the Draenor is 2 years before the War. Are there even any paladins anywhere at that point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Draenei have been paladins for thousands of years at this point. Shamanism is their new act, denounced as heretical by the purists.
    Weren't paladins "created" in time for the Second War?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Human ones sure. Draenei lore came along with them being Paladins before humans even learned what the Light is.
    Was there even a Hand of Argus on Draenor?

Weren't paladins "created" in time for the Second War?
    Draenei in their current incarnation are said to have existed for 'millions' of year in lore, and their Paladins (Vindicators) for just as long.

Most if not all of Azeroth's races are practically babies in comparison, from an evolutionary point of view; and if WoD is true to lore, the Draenei will be rightly portrayed as the closest thing we have to WoW's 'god race'.

10+ Year Old Account
    M'uru will be super nice to them and the Blood Elf pallys will feel super guilty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    M'uru will be super nice to them and the Blood Elf pallys will feel super guilty.
    Even better, blood elves will kidnap him again, and lock in the basement. So much for redemption story, lady liandrin is having party tonight !!!