Computer Build Advice

Hey MMO, I've recently attempted to build a computer and was just asking for advice towards the build before I purchase the parts
    Here is the Build

I was wondering if I can upgrade any parts or downgrade some such as the PSU 620W. Also is the graphics card good? for hardcore gaming, I have never really ventured into nvidia cards and have stuck with AMD. Also is there enough cooling for the gpu and cpu and lastly will all the parts fit into the case I chose, Im 95% sure that it will.

I want this computer for Hardcore Gaming and for games such as WoW and League of legends etc etc, Not really going to use it for dual monitoring but I may in the future. I've added no peripherals such as mouse and what not since I already have them

Don't worry too much about the prices since I am purchasing it from that website "pccasegear" as I am Australian.
    Any help and advice is much appreciated and I thank you all for your help towards my new computer

Thank you for your help

10+ Year Old Account
    Changes to make:

Get 4670K instead of 3570K
    Get Gigabyte Z87 board instead of Z77
    Get Samsung 840 Evo SSD instead of Corsair 128gb
    Get Antec 520 HCG instead of 620
    Get WD 2TB Green HDD instead of Seagate

Id recommend the R9-270 but.. out of stock.

All of that should be cheaper, and better.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Thanks so much for your reply chazus as you can probably see im a little out dated with technology haha. Can i ask why the WD 2tb HDD does it write better/faster than the seagate, both are of equal price on that site, And as for the R9-270 i wanted it but it is out of stock haha
    and For the motherboard There is 2

The ASRock Z87M Extreme 4 Motherboard - $159 "one i have selected but it's not gigabyte
    or the Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H Motherboard $219 "Which i assume is the one you mean

Can i ask the difference and if it is worth the extra $50 and by all means that's not much at all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MLGElement View Post
    Thanks so much for your reply chazus as you can probably see im a little out dated with technology haha. Can i ask why the WD 2tb HDD does it write better/faster than the seagate, both are of equal price on that site, And as for the R9-270 i wanted it but it is out of stock haha
    and For the motherboard There is 2

The ASRock Z87M Extreme 4 Motherboard - $159 "one i have selected but it's not gigabyte
    or the Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H Motherboard $219 "Which i assume is the one you mean

Can i ask the difference and if it is worth the extra $50 and by all means that's not much at all
    ASRock is micro-ATX and Gigabyte is ATX, the only difference I notice. If anything, I would say ASRock looks better on paper.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Thank you cyrops, That was another question will the mATX or normal ATX fix into the case I have selected. As my knowledge is quite limited with motherboards
    Also If the ASRock looks better on paper ill research some reviews and personal opinions on the 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Er... clarification.

You -currently- have a Asrock Z77 board (Socket 1155). I'm suggesting the Z87 board (Socket 1150). I also meant this board, which is the same price as the one you originally had. Honestly any Gigabyte, MSI, Asus, or Asrock board thats Z87 in that price range would be acceptable.

WD HDD just because its a better brand. Seagate has been meh as of late I feel. Speed is moot on a data drive, since you have the SSD.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Thanks for the clear up Chazus and thank you cyrops for your support.
    Im gunna go with the ASRock Z87M Extreme 4 Motherboard
    Here is the final build of parts before purchasing

Just some sort of comfirmation that this rig will go pretty good would be nice also any other feedback from the community is also welcomed and loved

Thanks again for your support

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you give a link for the RAM? The only results I get while searching by name lists the ram at 1333mhz

Hey sure here is the link
    G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL (2x4GB) DDR3http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?...ducts_id=16509

Also when I purchased this ram for my own computer it was $59 and it works fine. had it for about 1year and a half

10+ Year Old Account
    G.Skill Ares F3-1600C9D-8GAO 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3
    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?...ducts_id=19632
    exactly the same price but 1600mhz

RAM will work 'fine' as you describe, but why pay the same for less?

Thanks Cyrops and your right why pay the same for less thanks, ill add the new RAM to the list.

One more question on graphic's card selection though
    The current Card i have selected the
    Powercolor Radeon R9 270X OC 2GB -$249- is now out of stock on the website and i was wondering is it worth waiting for the
    Sapphire Radeon R9 270X Dual-X OC 2GB -$249- which arrives in stock in a few days and i Assume this was the card previously suggested by Chazsus here:
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Changes to make:
    Id recommend the R9-270 but.. out of stock.
    All of that should be cheaper, and better.
    Links to cards:
    Sapphire - http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?...5329&cPath=877
    Powercolor - http://www.powercolor.com/global/pro...res.asp?id=484

"note the powercolor is on a different website because its not shown on pccasegear since its out of stock"

The only difference i can really make between the 2 is the OEM brand since theyre both 2GB OC and both R9-270X's

All opinions are welcome thanks so much
    Last edited by MLGElement; 2014-01-02 at 11:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.scorptec.com.au/computer/...0x-2gbd5-dh/oc

Looks like they're in stock there for about the same price.

10+ Year Old Account
    The R9s are being grabbed like crazy by people for mining -_-
    But yea they are worth waiting, in my opinion.
    It's now been 5weeks since I RMA'ed my R7 and I am waiting to make a deal and change it into R9.
    Better wait a bit than regret later