Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Nearly 10 years of grinding alts? Shut up and take my money!

50 dollar/EUR are a lot of cash. I think it's a good deal for lazy (and wealthy) gamers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be very happy if Blizzard wouldn't make me pay for a Lv. 90 boost I don't need and never will need.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctim View Post
    Nearly 10 years of grinding alts? Shut up and take my money!

50 dollar/EUR are a lot of cash. I think it's a good deal for lazy (and wealthy) gamers.
    So no more buying on ebay, now you just buy a char from blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    THAT was the case... it was a free boost... I am very surprised they are changing their minds now.
    It sounds like they want to sell it now, as part of the xpac.

Very sad to read this.
    Wait, where was it announced that they were actually charging extra for the boost? I've only seen speculation so far.

Quote Originally Posted by JaceDraccus View Post
    Wait, where was it announced that they were actually charging extra for the boost? I've only seen speculation so far.
    They did not announce anything. They just started sending surveys asking about possible changes and how you would feel about them.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

well if they really would go for charging extra 10 $ for char boost it would mean that they are fat liers - on blizzcon they announced a free 1 char boost to 90 as one of the core/major things which would bring people back to game "FREE" is not a fucking extra 10 $ only 0 $ -_-

i

10+ Year Old Account
    "Haste only feels good to classes that truly benefit from it though. Can it be +Amp instead? Anything else really.
    'Classes that truly benefit from Haste' means... Everyone except Warriors. (And we're going to fix that.)"

Oh yeah? So I'll stop having to read haste as something like 1000 Haste Rating = 400 more crit or mastery?

Bout damn time =/

Knew they gonna pull extra price for character boost.... It just felt 2 good to be true.

If they start selling characters in the store I'm out. It's bad enough content that used to be available in game is now in the store with no option to obtain it in game. I'm thinking GC was smart, got off that sinking ship.

Single boost to 90 has already been announced and in the trailer, they should not make two versions of WoD charging $10 more for something that is supposed to be a feature of WoD.

However, for EXTRA 90's, I'd be fine with them being in the store, why? Because the main reason they might as well add it to the store, and why they are thinking about it in the first place, is because you can just buy more copies of WoD and transfer them to your main account, so they just want to create an easier/seemless way of doing this, it looks better to customers than having to fanny about with multiple services.

It's going to have zero effect on me if some guy buys 20 lvl 90's, and it certainly isn't P2W, /drama everywhere.

I'd possible buy one, but I'll most done before WoD and have the free boost.

The worst they can do is increase the price of WoD to include the boost, that's too far imo, not after it's been announced and spoken about. < Unless the more expensive version included a second character boost, but the first should be included in the price, it's touted as a feature of the expansion ffs and at least for me, was going to bring back three TBC players, but I doubt it if they pull that crap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    It's bad enough content that used to be available in game is now in the store with no option to obtain it in game.
    What? There is nothing in store other than cosmetic stuff: mounts, pets and few transmog hats and none of them used to be available in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    What? There is nothing in store other than cosmetic stuff: mounts, pets and few transmog hats and none of them used to be available in game.
    Cosmetic stuff used to be included in the game with the sub price. They didn't charge extra for it. Other mmo's that are free to play and have cash shops also have cosmetic items but they allow you to grind out getting them in the game as an option. Which currently WoW does not allow you to do.

Deleted
    Damn Raegwyn again! So impressive... And so lame that Blood DK's can do this >_>

I can see why Blizzard would offer a Lv.90 boost with the expansion.

I don't see why Blizzard would offer a constant option on the store that would allow you to do this for a price at any time.

1 time with an expansion = Yes

Store bought instant all the time = No

All that would do is make everyone feel they HAD to pay for the boost if they ever wanted to level a new character.

Deleted
    I have to say, I might quit if the 90 boost is only available for a surcharge. It certainly will not help get old players back if they do that either.

Let's hope it is just a survey testing the water. I think it's piss poor if it is implemented and would actually have a detrimental effect. They already announced it as an expansion feature. Adding an addendum that it's "for additional charge" just stinks of cowboy capitalism.

Paying for additional boosts in the store though - I am all for that.

Hahahaha... $40 for an expansion to such an old game, even with a character boost is outrageous. $50 is just plain insane. When you're dealing with a game so old, the expansion should be $20, no matter what.

Haha, and people said Blizzard wouldnt put anything that affects gameplay up on the store. P2P is already here, P2W inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Meldon View Post
    What if at the usual price of 39.99$ you have the 90 boost and for 10$ less you don't ?
    A cheaper version of WoW for those not interested in the boost. Seems interesting to be able to discard "features" you are not interested in, to get a more appropriate price for a content patch.
    No because there is way too many dense cunts that play wow that would make countless threads on how they was 'FORCED' to buy the expansion with the boost because everyone else was.( A bit like that stupid flying mount arguement...'i must feel the need to have flying mounts banned and continue to post countless threads about it even though im 'FORCED' to use one every time i log in)
    And continue to cry like little bitches if they didnt and feel cheated out of the game because according to them those that did buy it basically payed2win etc etc etc.....
    The usual shit by the minority wankers we se everyday on these forums...in fact there is quite a few in this thread now i see.

You are way to naive.

Quote Originally Posted by Syio View Post
    You summed up exactly what I think is flawed in everyone having access to a purchasable character boost. If the option to a purchasable character boost is limited by say having a pre-existing level 80+, I do not mind as the player purchasing it already has the basic skills and experience in WoW in at least one of its incarnations. At least then, said person would've at least experienced the game a little to know how to move around, interact with NPCs/ players, access panels and stuff sufficiently to not be overwhelmed by the myriad of options at level 90 or--god forbid--become a hindrance to other players.
    1. They'd be boosted to 90, not endgame. They'll still have to go through an intro, and then quest their way to 100.
    2. Most true noobs likely either won't boost, or will get overwhelmed quickly, unless they have a friend to help them learn.
    3. There's plenty of people who level traditionally and still suck.

The idea of boost to 90 is primarily to get people to the new content, whether established player, returning player, or new player. I don't personally plan to use it, but I don't see a problem with is as quantity-restricted service.