Dental : Crowns suggestions needed

I got my dental crowns on my upper 5 front tooth a week back to improve my smile even when my teeths were healthy and not looking bad.

i am so worried after the treatment, thinking whether the crowns might fall off or break off.

Since my wedding is in the next month getting more worried. Now repenting for going for such a treatment when the teeths were healthier previously.

Can any one suggest me, will the crowns fall off ?.

I am guilty now, that due to dental crowns my marriage happines had been ruined

15+ Year Old Account
    Your dentist is probably the one you should ask this.

However, I don't think they will fall off unless you start opening beerbottles with your teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleshar View Post
    Your dentist is probably the one you should ask this.

However, I don't think they will fall off unless you start opening beerbottles with your teeth.
    Thank you so much for the reply. Have u undergone such a treatment?....

15+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I do know someone who has, but he got the crowns out of necessity.
    As far as I know, he never had any issues.

Nah, I do know someone who has, but he got the crowns out of necessity.
    As far as I know, he never had any issues.
    Actually, Position on the inner side of the front tooth when i touch with my tongue i feel it has moved down when compared to the position it was fixed.

I got it fixed on Last Thursday and since this Monday i feel this position changed. Can u kindly check with your friend if he faced anything such kind.

I am so worried since my wedding is next month....

15+ Year Old Account
    Just call your dentist

Just call your dentist
    My will be visiting the dentist today... But just wanted to know suggestions from others.....

I have 3 crowns and with flossing/regular brushing you're fine. I did have a permanent one fall out (I ate hot food too soon after my Dentist installed them) and all it took was a short trip to the office (took maybe 10 minutes) and they re-cemented them and I've had no problems since. Honestly I shared some of your worries but as long as you have healthy teeth you will have nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraize26 View Post
    I have 3 crowns and with flossing/regular brushing you're fine. I did have a permanent one fall out (I ate hot food too soon after my Dentist installed them) and all it took was a short trip to the office (took maybe 10 minutes) and they re-cemented them and I've had no problems since. Honestly I shared some of your worries but as long as you have healthy teeth you will have nothing to worry about.
    Thanks for the reply. But the position of the front teeth on the inner side i feel it has been moved down towards falling when i touch with my tongue. Thats my worry now. whether it will fall or now it took the right position it should be...

10+ Year Old Account
    If you've noticed something that's causing you worry then ask your dentist of course.

I don't know if being a molar makes any difference but I got a crown on one a number of years ago and it's been fine.

I think they have the potential to come loose of course (but they do stay in well the vast majority of the time) , but it probably isn't a difficult fix even if it does.

P.S. Mine did feel weird though for a while at first.
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2014-01-02 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    If you've noticed something that's causing you worry then ask your dentist of course.

I don't know if being a molar makes any difference but I got a crown on one a number of years ago and it's been fine.

I think they have the potential to come loose of course (but they do stay in well the vast majority of the time) , but it probably isn't a difficult fix even if it does.

P.S. Mind did feel weird though for a while at first.
    You mean even though the position has come down, it can be fixed easily?....

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm no dentist, but I doubt it's any big deal though if it was me I'd prob call them at least for reassurance, see if they think it's anything that needs to be looked at.

I think dental work can also cause a tiny bit of swelling too sometimes though (I know my crown did, though in my case it was also a root canal), maybe you're noticing something because swelling has gone down?

Quote Originally Posted by smiley14 View Post
    I got my dental crowns on my upper 5 front tooth a week back to improve my smile even when my teeths were healthy and not looking bad.

i am so worried after the treatment, thinking whether the crowns might fall off or break off.

Since my wedding is in the next month getting more worried. Now repenting for going for such a treatment when the teeths were healthier previously.

Can any one suggest me, will the crowns fall off ?.

As far I suppose, crowns will not fall easily and rest you should rely on your dentist for your further queries. I too had crowns on my two teeth from " Westford Dentistry" and if crowns done properly they should last about 10 years.

If you are asking, will it come off easily..? then NO. But there have been many cases where people complains that their crown came rolling off while eating food or while doing chewing hard candy. So in my opinion. you should consult your cosmetic dentistry for better knowledge.

I have one crown on my front tooth out of necessity, I've had it for three years and I honestly can't tell the difference between the crown and my other teeth. There hasn't been a single troublesome event with that tooth. So I'd say don't worry about it

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lillypenna View Post
    As far I suppose, crowns will not fall easily and rest you should rely on your dentist for your further queries. I too had crowns on my two teeth from " Westford Dentistry" and if crowns done properly they should last about 10 years.
    My dentist said the average life of a crown is 25 years. Barring a accident of course. I know someone who had a bridge in front ( basically a crown on two teeth connected to each other to fill in a missing tooth ) which lasted 35 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley14 View Post
    If you are letting something like worry (not even a real issue yet) but worry over a crown ruin your marriage happiness then you might want to take another look at your relationship.

And as everyone has said crowns are designed to be durable. Things do happen, yes, but they can be fixed quickly. If you want details that's why you have a dentist.

You also probably want to stop poking and prodding your crown with your tongue and fingers. That isn't going to help them stay in place.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

I have never had crowns done, but when I had a cavity and they drill in and fix it, it always feels different for a while, especially for my tongue, before my mouth is used to it.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had many crowns (my jaw doesn't close right causing grinding o' the teeth). I've also had several different types at this point. The best experience I've had so far is with a ceramic crown & carbon fiber post. The dentist had a CNC mill and 3D scanner in the operating room, so the crown was built while I was in the chair. One trip in and done.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-