Deleted

sPriest low dps? is there a -point- where my DPS spike?

Last time I did a raid, I think I was around 60-70K DPS, with 515 iLVL

this is my character right now.. i still feel like im doing low dps

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%96h/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    Play a hunter in equivalent gear if you REALLY want to feel like you're low dps.

15+ Year Old Account
    Enchanting/gems/glyphs ur gear would help
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Play a hunter in equivalent gear if you REALLY want to feel like you're low dps.
    i did like 80-100k on a 500ilvl hunter.

I do like 150k on my 570 off spec shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by EmilG View Post

There's a few spikes at different haste breakpoints, notably at 14873 (Devouring Plague gets +3 ticks). Also, I can't check your armory but at that low iLvl you probably don't have UVLS (The Lei Shen trinket). So I'd work in that direction - you will see a drastic increase once you get UVLS. Maximize your haste to reach breakpoints, then go into Mastery. For talents, you wouldn't go wrong with SW:I, Twist of Fate and Halo for most fights, although you'll get more marginal DPS with DI or FDCL on other fights, but that's typically at much higher iLvls.

I'd also urge you to read this: http://www.howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1701

H2P is a great resource if you want more details on how to refine your play. For gear, get T15 4-pc or T16 2-pc and gem appropriately (at your ilvl, probably Reckless in Red, Quick in Yellow and Energized in blues to maximize haste and reach higher breakpoints like DP+3). Get your Legendary Metagem as soon as possible if you haven't, that's another great bonus - much greater bump than the cloak in my mind (although the cloak is another must, eventually).

More than gear, minimizing any downtime as a shadow priest is key - we're basically turrets that abhor any movement, so eliminating movement is a must. Check how much time you waste moving in a fight, look for a boss pattern and try to refine your moves where you minimize any wasted step. Ensure your dots overlap on the last tick. Clip your Mind Flay/SW:I before the last tick. Always cast MB and SW on cooldown, since they will bring up DP quicker and DP followed by several SW:I ticks is by far the most efficient DPS we have. Speaking of SW:I, you need to maximize how many ticks you can squeeze in to a typical DP (between 5 and 6 seconds normally). Don't interrupt your SW:I for anything other than MB or SW. This goes away in WoD, but for now try to time your dot refreshes with major procs like LMG. Addons like AffDot Priest will help there.

I think a lot of people that say "I don't do DPS" don't notice how much time wasted or mismanagement they do in the course of a single fight. Spriests are not bursty that much - we're more of a stable output with occasional bursts. That means that any misplay accumulates and ends up killing our overall DPS. Pay attention and read up on the great resources we have available (again, can't say enough about the folks at howtopriest.com and how much help their guides provide) and you'll quickly see your ability increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Nothing personal, but you need to be exceptionally bad to do low dps with a survival hunter (or a mage). Mine is under 520 and is effortlessly on par with 540ish ilvl guildies. I actually had stopped playing it before 5.1 because it was so OP it was stupid. Hunters whined a lot during 5.2 but our hunter never really struggled (they should have played shadow during 5.2 to know the real meaning of sucking balls).

OT: Gem / enchant, get more gear and play perfection. Shadow sucks at low ilvl. It still does at high ilvls, just not so much. I'd love to tell you otherwise but that's just the way it is in MoP.

Change Power Infusion for either DI or ToF depending on the fight. Glyph Mind Spike and/or or Mind Flay.
    Last edited by Dierdre; 2014-01-02 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    Nothing poersonal, but you need to be exceptionally bad to do low dps with a survival hunter (or a mage). Mine is ~520 ilvl and is effortlessly on par with 540ish ilvl guildies. I actually had stopped playing it before 5.1 because it was so OP it was stupid.

OT: Gem / enchant, get more gear and play perfection. Shadow sucks at low ilvl. It still does at high ilvls, just not so much. I'd love to tell you otherwise but that's just the way it is in MoP.

Change Power Infusion for either DI or ToF depending on the fight. Glyph Mind Spike and/or or Mind Flay.
    this

10 characters

A tool I use a lot is askmrrobot.com. It points out basically what others have said, GEM/ENCHANT/REFORGE your gear!

Here is your character, pull this up, click on Optimize: askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/the_maelstrom/%C3%B6h

All that said, you will never compete in the opening minute or 2 of a boss fight when people blow CDs. Spriest burst has a very long ramp up so your key fights to shine in will be any multi-dot fight. Don't compare yourself to Mages or Locks cause they will outshine you in anything, it's just the way the game is right now.

1) Learning the fights to minimize DPS loss from movement/mechanics and maximizing DOT uptime and orb generation is always #1
    2) Your haste is too low, as mentioned, check out howtopriest.com for the great work those guys did on breakpoints
    3) Your trinkets are mediocre, you'll see some nice dps boosts from the Immerseus/Garosh trinkets in SoO
    4) Legendary Meta is a HUGE dps increase for SP's