Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    Sorry but no... A dwarf priest or goblin warlock or gnome mage or draenei shaman or worgen druid (just throwing examples) has got absolutely nothing to do with technology unless they happen to pick up engineering profession.
    That is a hugely restrictive definition that tries to apply to classes what I stated applied to ***races***.

Iron Horde has got nothing to do with Horde
    Who said they were? They are a massive tech based army. As an example of tech users in the game, I'd say they count.

It's still 1% when all the intentional logic fails are cleaned off the table.
    The big trouble with that figure is you just plucked it out of thin air because it makes your argument sound good. The real figure is much higher.

They can, but as I have said already three times it wouldn't be the bard class that exists in all other RPGs because all of those previous ones were support classes.
    Yes...but who really cares what other RPGs do? A Bard simply needs to be a musical class. Everything else...including role in game...is optional. If Blizzard wants to copy the trope closely, it can...but it doesn't have to.

And yet they have nowhere said or used the words "too much".

Which is why we are guessing how many more classes. I think 1 or 2 more. It may be none. But if they are already complaining about the huge amount of work and effort it takes to balance the existing setup of 34 specs, they aren't going to be keen on adding classes at all. 0-2 seems feasible. 3 or more seems unlikely barring a reworking of the class/spec system.

EJL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    The Curse of Flesh is something that exists, and the Azerothian races do not know how to do or undo it. A 'robot' race and/or class cannot exist.
    But they can still build robots, right? I mean, races like Draenei and Orcs don't have anything to do with the Curse of Flesh, yet I would not exclude them from my robot class. It wouldn't be a cyborg, it would be an android - a humanoid robot, a fully artificiallly made mechanoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    That is a hugely restrictive definition that tries to apply to classes what I stated applied to ***races***.
    You claimed those RACES were somehow tech aligned, while I could easily point out examples that proves you wrong. The point was and still is that if I can provide even one member of said race that isn't tech aligned, then it is totally and utterly wrong to claim that the whole race is tech aligned.

Who said they were? They are a massive tech based army. As an example of tech users in the game, I'd say they count.
    Everything available so far from WoD spoilers points towards Iron Horde being destroyed before patch 6.2. Therefore it's pretty damn minor part of the game as a whole and relegated to even lesser role than Titans in the whole Warcraft universe.

The big trouble with that figure is you just plucked it out of thin air because it makes your argument sound good. The real figure is much higher.
    WoWhead database has currently ~44000 NPCs listed. If you do a search for "tinker", "engineer" and "mechanic" the grand total is 159, or approximately 0.3% of whole NPC database. Even if you pull "mechanical" classified NPCs out of the list the number is 1063, or just a little over 2%. No matter how you look at it, tech based NPCs are incredibly tiny minority overall in the game.

Or do you think my method of pulling the statistics is wrong or flawed somehow?

Yes...but who really cares what other RPGs do? A Bard simply needs to be a musical class. Everything else...including role in game...is optional. If Blizzard wants to copy the trope closely, it can...but it doesn't have to.
    For the fifth time: Blizzard can make a class called bard, but it will be nothing like the bard class in other games because bards in other games are support class.
    Last edited by fixx; 2014-04-16 at 10:23 AM.

You milk a cow until its utters are dry. Blizzard will continue to pump out classes and races as long as a good amount of people are still playing the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    There can be as many classes as the designers can come up with new ideas for them, but lets see through your case:

1: Really doesn't matter, we went 9 years with 1 Int Plate Wearer and 2 specs (1 class) of Int Mail wearer. Changing primary stats streamlines things, slightly and actually makes more variety tolerable.

2: There's a ton of "new" kinds of Heroes in WoW itself. And it's not like some of the WoW variation on the Hero class themes actually ended up bearing any relation to the WC version anyway.

3: Design space is a weird argument that can be broken down to incredibly bare bones that could easily have led to no space for most of the existing classes. On the other hand, actual playstyle, aesthetics, and the options for spec roles leave gaps all over the place.

4: Again, it depends how you break the "types" down; I'd contest that there are 4 roles - Tanking, Healing, Melee DPS and Ranged DPS. The latter could, if a Ranger class were added for example, be then broken down to Caster and Physical ranged. Suddenly you're not nearly as close to the symmetry you seek.

5: Is just a silly argument, which would have left no room for Monks on previous iterrations of the website. Web design would just be fixed to accomodate anything new on the official site (which is frankly in need of some refreshing as it is looking quite tired and old) and on fansites which are always a step behind.

Essentially, your argument comes down purely to a search for symmetry and patterns where none exists, and none need to exist. That fundamentally just means your argument at its very basis is completely without foundation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elementalkin View Post
    On the 5th note, they're also running out of viable color choices. Big problem!
    Actually an interesting point, but you can have brighter red, lighter purple, beige, black, silver; so 5 more at least

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Actually an interesting point, but you can have brighter red, lighter purple, beige, black, silver; so 5 more at least
    'Brighter red' is 'enemy mob' color. 'Silver' is 'tagged mob' color. Black is 'dead' color (empty health bar). So, out of you examples, just two of them are useable. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    The chances of a 12th class are small, and a 13th non-existant.