Deleted

Best CPU/GPU/Motherboard for WoW Streaming

Hi I was wondering what is the best possible CPU/GPU/Motherboard setup for streaming WoW while actually keeping constant 40+ FPS in 25man HC ? (pref most video settings at max except sunshafts SSAO and shadows).

I have an I5 3570k GTX 670 and gigabyte z77x-ud3h as motherboard and last tier i had huge FPS problems with all on low i got constant 5-10 fps when the boss fight started i sorta fixed it with this cpu core unpark software that lets me have around 30ish constant fps it drops to 10-15 fps sometimes if there is really a lot of things going on.

So for WoD i am considering buying a new pc/setup but this time i don't want to have the same problem with fps , and i still don't understand why i got those low fps problems .(and no it wasn't addons / outdated drivers etc)

10+ Year Old Account
    No no no, again your setup should handle streaming ultra at 40+ fps.
    Like I told you earlier, there is something wrong from the software side or your hardware is broken.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    5-10fps on low? I was getting 25ish with my old Core 2 and radeon hd 5570 with average custom settings.
    What is the OC on your CPU?
    Currently I am playing with, again, average settings but with intel HD 4600 on i7-4771 and I am running around 40ish FPS during LFR/Flex raids.
    Your CPU is more than fine, but, again, what OC your running it at?

Also, how are the frames when you do not stream?

Can you run some CPU tests? I am interested to know what you would get with, lets say, Cinebench.
    Last edited by Cyrops; 2014-01-02 at 02:29 PM.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    What resolution you play?
    Have you tried disabling addons?
    Have you overclocked your processor/gpu at all?

Try OBS and use game source for streaming.

Deleted
    I don't OC the CPU
    I stopped streaming when i saw i can't even raid without it.

1280X1080
    Like i said in my initial post : addons are not the problem
    Yes i OC-ed to 4.2GHz and 4.3GHz in hopes that the fps problem would vanish sadly it wasn't the case
    What is OBS and the other stuff and how / where do i get it ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Return everything to stock, your CPU & GPU.
    Do a fresh windows install.
    Install geforce driver 331.82.
    Make a fresh install of WoW by downloading the installer from the WoW website.
    Run the game WITHOUT any addons.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    Return everything to stock, your CPU & GPU.
    Do a fresh windows install.
    Install geforce driver 331.82.
    Make a fresh install of WoW by downloading the installer from the WoW website.
    Run the game WITHOUT any addons.
    This. There's nothing wrong with your hardware, you should be getting much, much higher framerates than that.

It might sound silly, but are you sure your monitor is plugged into your video card and not your motherboard? I've made that mistake before - I took my PC to a LAN and was getting terrible FPS in Dota 2, then I realized I had plugged my monitor into the onboard video. If that's not the problem, I'd follow Toffie's instructions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    This. There's nothing wrong with your hardware, you should be getting much, much higher framerates than that.

It might sound silly, but are you sure your monitor is plugged into your video card and not your motherboard? I've made that mistake before - I took my PC to a LAN and was getting terrible FPS in Dota 2, then I realized I had plugged my monitor into the onboard video. If that's not the problem, I'd follow Toffie's instructions.
    i did all of that as they were all suggestions from my other posts but nothing changed so the unpark cpu core soft did the trick
    but for the future i will have to change my setup so going back to the main topic , what are the best cpu/gpu/moptherboarrds i can get ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sunflash2009 View Post
    i did all of that as they were all suggestions from my other posts but nothing changed so the unpark cpu core soft did the trick
    but for the future i will have to change my setup so going back to the main topic , what are the best cpu/gpu/moptherboarrds i can get ?
    Leave it for now. You'll be spending money for a 2-3% improvement in FPS, which is largely wasted for your purpose. Your best upgrade would be 2 years from now, give or take, so the expansion after WoD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tenangrychickens View Post
    Leave it for now. You'll be spending money for a 2-3% improvement in FPS, which is largely wasted for your purpose. Your best upgrade would be 2 years from now, give or take, so the expansion after WoD.
    i keep hearing this stuff , yet the reality contradicts this
    the fps i need now 30-40+ fps is no where to be the same when WoD will come out even with the 20 instead of 25 man high end raids
    that being said : what i saw and what is prolly true is that even with top end pc setups when there are many spell effects boss + players the fps will drop low even below 10 specially if you play with ultra video settings + maybe even streaming

10+ Year Old Account
    There is something wrong with your system, man. Plain and simple.

You want to know what the best hardware to get is? exactly what you have, pretty much. You have a better setup than I do (3570K + 660), and I get much better performance (~50fps stable on 25m on almost all ultra settings 1080p). There is no hardware that is better than what you have (except a 4670K, and thats... not much)

There. Is. Something. Wrong. With. Your. System.

I don't know if its software or hardware, however doing what Toffie said rules out the software.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post

I don't know if its software or hardware, however doing what Toffie said rules out the software.
    From what he answered it didnt sound like he did uninstall and stuff, only the cable check
    PM me weird stuff :3

Your hardware is (assuming your components aren't dying) fully capable of raiding while streaming at higher settings with an acceptable frame rate. Download this for your streaming.

Deleted
    You may check some things before changing anything.
    First, how many CPU are shown in task manager ? Then can you chech their frequency with a tool ?
    Now, go in lfr, and when it's became laggy, note the the busy % of the cpu, and the frequency of the cores. This can show you a heating or a PSU issue.

Now, if all of that is fine : cpu freq is at the top, heating is under 60°C, you can check your graphic card.
    Get a tool to show temperature, gddr % and busy %. temp may be under 70-75°C. Is it fine ?
    Now if all is well, you may check your RAM...

Are you still here ? fine. Now, what is struggling your PC ? the CPU at 90% ? the GPU ? The memory ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, something is definitely wrong with your software or hardware. You have some pretty good hardware in that setup. You don't need a better motherboard/video card/ram/processor/anything. The difference between what you have and what you're seeking are like in the single digit percentages.

Something is definitely wrong software/hardware side.