Thread: Destro/Demo

10+ Year Old Account

Destro/Demo

Just hit 90 again on my Lock and I'm gearing up. I'm going to be playing Destro and Demo so what stats should I go for so that both specs will benefit?

Haste and Mastery?

Deleted
    Mastery for pretty much all specs (affliction only with certain haste breakpoints)
    Are you going pve or pvp?

for me i go for 8100 haste > mast > crit

10+ Year Old Account
    PvE.. doing LFRs right now so I can get geared up to get back into raiding.

Just stack as much mastery as you can and get any arbitrary amounts of crit or haste as both specs benefit fairly equally from both.

If your main intent is to get back into raiding, and you're starting from scratch, I'd probably prefer haste over crit. The reasoning behind this is that you probably won't be playing demo as much due to it suffering from scaling issues, and would rather do affliction that needs haste more than crit. However, if you insist on playing demo, go with what the others have said. Just know that your dps will suffer.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    If your main intent is to get back into raiding, and you're starting from scratch, I'd probably prefer haste over crit. The reasoning behind this is that you probably won't be playing demo as much due to it suffering from scaling issues, and would rather do affliction that needs haste more than crit. However, if you insist on playing demo, go with what the others have said. Just know that your dps will suffer.
    I tried Demo on Horridon and hated it.. Do you still need trinkets like the one from Lei Shen for Demo to be good?

They hamfist nerfed demo this tier for absolutely no reason.

Hellfire got nerfed by 20% at some point between last tier and this one, and then doom imps got nerfed by 30%, and the lei shen trinkets proc rate got reduced on warlocks which was the only thing making demo OP. By the time you get a character raid ready and everything it probably wont matter what spec you are, but you'd probably be better off just playing destruction all the time by then with the occasional affliction.