Page 28 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    You need the citation homes. Ok statistically speaking how many legal gun owners do you think are in this country that commit murders?. I can guarantee you that the amount of illegal gun owners committing murder is a higher percentage than legal gun owners.
    mind blown.

Where do you think illegal guns come from? The illegal gun factory?

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Many more then there are in America actually...they just don't get the wall to wall media coverage it gets over here, so it gets glossed over and European countries try to pretend they didn't happen
    I don't think so.

Here's the only thing I could find that looked remotely accurate and non-insanely-partisan:

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0777958.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

no.....just no... and I am a staunch advocate of the right to bear arms, but that is a ridiculous step. They are TEACHERS, not police officers...not soldiers...not trained security. Their job is to TEACH. I would support (but don't necessarily advocate for, I would want to see the cost of, and where that money would come from) an armed guard in schools, but to say the teachers should all be armed is silly
    The idea was that all citizens were armed (within reason). You simply do not have crime when everyone has a way to defend themselves. There is absolutely nothing wrong with people walking around with a pistol on their hip, it's how it was intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BEYR View Post
    An armed response, however small and/or unorganized, has proven to immediately end mass shootings in the US. Every single one that has met with an armed response ended with wither the shooter(s) immediately surrendering or killing themselves. That should probably be a much more publicized fact.
    Tauren feces. It's not a "more publicized fact" because it's completely untrue. Just off the top of my head, at Columbine, the shooters exchanged fire with an armed responder and then went back to shooting students.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    mind blown.

Fast and Furious says US Government. Just thought I'd throw that in for the lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Or ban guns? Seriously how many school shootings do you hear about in Europe
    Quite a few...also, banning things never works...see: Prohibition

Criminals also don't follow the laws...hence the term criminals. What we need is to go back to the old school style of prison instead of the "oh the poor offender" bullshit we have now

Criminals also don't follow the laws...hence the term criminals. What we need is to go back to the old school style of prison instead of the "oh the poor offender" bullshit we have now
    Don't bother brother, most Europeans just will never understand. Sadly, it's true. They just can't understand that even if they don't have access to a gun, knife crime goes up tenfold. Rocks, pencils, shoes... whatever can be used as a weapon. They glorify the gun because they have never fired one. Incapable of understanding that an inanimate object is incapable of killing.

Daily show on gun control in Australia.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pOiOhxujsE

John Howard is a massive conservative douchebag, but one of the few good things he did was institute gun control laws.
    Last edited by Delekii; 2014-01-03 at 06:30 AM.

mind blown.

They come from people who deal in weapons. The people are either illegally selling them for profit, or somehow blackmailed into it. But thats a very small percentage of dealers that do this. Most people wont risk their freedom for 300 bucks.

Stolen weapons are also the largest contributor, but who knows how many were just reported stolen and sold.

Studies like this don't prove anything. Why do people even waste money on hosting studies like this when there are actual scientific studies that can be done? That's like me saying, my study proves that you need to have armed/trained security at petrol stations while you're filling up.
    1st May 2013-->1st April 2014
    105lb-->166lb
    Bench/Squat/Deadlift 1RMs - 20kg/20kg/40kg-->100kg/162.5kg/210kg

Running geneswests 5/3/1

They come from people who deal in weapons. The people are either illegally selling them for profit, or somehow blackmailed into it. But thats a very small percentage of dealers that do this. Most people wont risk their freedom for 300 bucks.
    And where do people who deal in weapons get their guns from?

15+ Year Old Account
    You need the citation homes. Ok statistically speaking how many legal gun owners do you think are in this country that commit murders?. I can guarantee you that the amount of illegal gun owners committing murder is a higher percentage than legal gun owners.
    Statistically speaking? A gun is more likely to be used on its owner.

Individual results will vary based on situation of course, but I was responding to a "statistically speaking" post.

Given that your last claim was woefully inadequately supported, it's a bit difficult to take any point you present seriously.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Heineken View Post
    The idea was that all citizens were armed (within reason). You simply do not have crime when everyone has a way to defend themselves. There is absolutely nothing wrong with people walking around with a pistol on their hip, it's how it was intended.
    And my definition (and bear in mind I am a firm supporter of gun rights, and the right to bear arms) does not include arming teachers in a classroom setting..whats next? Doctors packing a Colt .45 just in case? Firefighters with Magnums? Paramedics driving in LAV's? If you, as a citizen want to carry a gun while doing your personal life, then I totally and completely support that and will back you to the hilt to protect your right to do so. However, there comes a line at which carrying a firearm is unnecessary and more a potential risk then a deterrent.

Lets suppose your idea is passed, and tomorrow every teacher in America is armed with a sidearm..then lets suppose an armed intruder breaks into a grade school...so you have Teacher A, he's passed the basic training requirements to have a pistol (for the sake of argument lets assume its a Glock 9mm). So, in order to protect his students he pulls his glock, and fires at the intruder..3 shots hit the intruder...the other 2 he fires pass through the wall and kill 2 kindergartener children (remember, this isn't a military marksmen, this is a teacher with the most basic of training firing). Now you have the intruder and 2 5 year olds dead...can you imagine the outroar and rage that would follow such an event? This is where common sense comes in...teachers should not be armed

- - - Updated - - -

And where do people who deal in weapons get their guns from?
    Small arms? Russia, Iran, North Korea, China, Mexico, The US....

- - - Updated - - -

Don't bother brother, most Europeans just will never understand. Sadly, it's true. They just can't understand that even if they don't have access to a gun, knife crime goes up tenfold. Rocks, pencils, shoes... whatever can be used as a weapon. They glorify the gun because they have never fired one. Incapable of understanding that an inanimate object is incapable of killing.
    I dunno....the Russians seem to have a good grasp on it..although I suppose that's Asia not Europe

15+ Year Old Account
    And would you say that various other bludgeoning objects have the same lethal potential and ease of use as a gun?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    They carrying blow torches and cutting equipment now?

- - - Updated - - -

Even without the dogs, it needs to be a ninja attack to get into my bedroom without me hearing them.
    Well we do have a sweeping gun stealing ninja problem in the US. It falls just after the imaginary amount of terrorists trying to vote without ID or murderous bands of marauding Mexicans chopping ppls heads off at the border. Life here is much more like the first Mad Max movie then one might think.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    And would you say that various other bludgeoning objects have the same lethal potential and ease of use as a gun?
    http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...oadMachete.png

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    So no then.
    With intent? I'm pretty sure it's close.

With intent? I'm pretty sure it's close.
    Which is why our soldiers march into battle with swords and spears still right?

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously, anyone who wants to pretend a knife has as much lethal potential as a firearm is either a troll or an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Which is why our soldiers march into battle with swords and spears still right?
    Yes, it's why they still have tactical knives. And how is a nut case mass murderer the same as a soldier in war?