Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    How did you not get my reference? SHAME ON YOU!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsqaNeoLyck
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Yeah, but I sincerely hope they don't introduce 'fire & brimstone' areas.
    While I agree with you, I really do like Mount Maelstrom. I could see a mostly fiery zone, though certainly not 3-4 of them to call an expansion or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    the Dwarves are stoned...

no but really only Ogden is around, the rest of the dwarves are gone
    They're apparently still down there battling it out with Primordus, which is why I figured "Deldrimor Front" was where they were doing it, but not a certainty I guess.

With Lanes love of fire, she would have loved the Ring of Fire Islands in Guild Wars 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Tequatl got tougher when Zhaitan died!
    Yes but he only died in a dungeon and part of the personal story which not everyone has seen. So for a bunch of people out there he never died... which is why they are locked in with Orr and why Teq is still around.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Yeah, but I sincerely hope they don't introduce 'fire & brimstone' areas. I want to say it's the second most overused theme outside of dragons though, honestly, I'm drawing a blank outside of the copious amount of them in WoW. I think maybe WoW just scarred me against them forever.

Though I shouldn't be surprised given Anet's penchant for fire when it comes to gear. -_- Oh lord, I just realized Primordus gives them an excuse to make all "new" fiery weapons and armor, whee!
    Maguuma Wastes on the top is a tropical wasteland but underground you have all these Asuran underground cities which were abandoned when the destroyers and Primordus attacked. At Deldrimor Front you have snow and mountains all over the place on top with abandoned dwarfen cities/keeps and such. Underground they are fighting the destroyers to keep them from appearing around the world, however i dont know if any dwarfs remain, i think they all besides Ogden went extinct, dunno. Primordus is very much a fire and brimstone dragon and so are the destroyers so dont be surprised when you see heavy focus on that, but personally i would like some focus on Maguuma Wastes. Tropical wastelands sounds interesting.

Deleted
    Now that you mention Dwarves and gw1 style dungeons and such... broken Asura gates (from new video) shout Primodus and Dwarves very loudly. Going underground for the next year?

However I agree that fire is overused theme. (Ring of Fire islands from gw1 are nice tho!)

And thanks for the links

10+ Year Old Account
    Gamerzines just received an interesting package.

http://www.gamerzines.com/pc/arenanet.html
    Valar morghulis

Sounds more and more like Primordus, with a Scarlet connection (though the poem sounds like she saw it-likely during her out of body experience-not necessarily seeking to be the cause)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Gamerzines just received an interesting package.

http://www.gamerzines.com/pc/arenanet.html
    I am going to scratch off an elder dragon because that would be too obvious and if I learned anything from Anet is they make something so obvious but it never ends up being the case.

Anyway the last time they did this it was a pocket watch which represented the clockwork abominations.

Now we have a metronome..
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Sounds more and more like Primordus... but why a metronome? o.O

- - - Updated - - -

That is also a valid point Zito

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone have an idea what that symbol on the metronome represents?
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Time to count the last minutes of... Tyria? Humanity?

Sometimes to change you must destroy

This part is interesting - she creates her machines to destroy things. So she wouldn't destroy 'to change'. So... would someone unexpected (like players) start destroying? xD Ok, I'm going too far but I'm on gw/2 lore for an hour or so xD

I think it might be Primordus or it might be Bubbles (however 'burn' doesn't fit) or even earth dragon (M...M... anyway, fire still doesn't fit).

About earth dragon - fuck yeah! (sowwy :3)
    I've finally found the thread about gargoyles. One of the posters suggested that they might be related to that dragon (they are made of stone and dragon probably uses earth magic). It means that 1185 AE is the possible year of earth dragon's awaking.

EDIT: The symbol looks like a candlestick. The only association with candles I have is Munne and Ascalonian Catacombs.
    To connect it more with gw2, google suggest Candle Chimney area in Timberline Falls.

Can someone cut the symbol and make it as a picture and search via google picture search? :P
    Last edited by mmocf89c8b0f36; 2014-01-08 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Anyone have an idea what that symbol on the metronome represents?
    If you read the article, you'd know it's the manufacturer logo (hint: captions)
    Last edited by rhandric; 2014-01-08 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Well a metronome is used by musicians to keep a steady beat. I think this refers to scarlets drills in which if one is out of sync it all goes to shit.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Well, it's obvious.

First, metronome = metro gnome, but since there are no gnomes I'm going to assume Asuras. This is alluding to metrosexual Asuras.

"Thump, Thump. Time to jump." = They're knocking on your door, time to roll!

"Wipe all resistance from your mind" = You've been dragging your feet, but it's time to try something new.

"There’s a secret deep below to find" = A new, exclusive spa/salon!

"If you’d only seen the things I’ve seen" = What goes on in said salon...

"You’d wake up screaming from The Dream" = Seeing Asuran "manscaping" would have me waking screaming too.

"This next part will sting, but it brings me joy" = Waxing, of yourself or others, or both.

"Sometimes to change you must destroy" = Destroy those unibrows!

"A fire is rising you cannot contain" = Well, that's just the astringent, it'll quit burning after a couple minutes.

"Tyria will burn, while I remain." = Basically, screw Tyria, I'm hanging out in the salon with my metro homies.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    If you read the article, you'd know it's the manufacturer logo (hint: captions)
    Lmao! I got gamerzined!
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    I've finally found the thread about gargoyles. One of the posters suggested that they might be related to that dragon (they are made of stone and dragon probably uses earth magic). It means that 1185 AE is the possible year of earth dragon's awaking.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXv6XZbxCAI

My theories:

totally crazy idea: what if the edge of the mists map is also used as PvE map in the Scarlet Finale? O_o
    • there is a NPC by the tower of nightmares main camp (where majory is) and if you're in the order of whispers you can have a special conversation with him. He says Scarlet has taken an interest in the mists and was spotted scouting near "the islands".
    • you can also see one of these broken Asura gates (from the teaser video with Scarlet) in the Edge of the Mists map (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slEW...e_gdata_player[1] ) (0:39 - one of these destroyed Asura gates)
    • in the latest CDI Interview we heard that the WvW-devs were very busy finishing the EotM map
    • the mysterious probes are not only in the real world but also in the mists

- - - Updated - - -

interesting idea:

My bet is Scarlet wants to summon Primordus to destroy the world, and she plans on hiding away in the Edge of the Mists to avoid dying.
    this would quite well fit to Scarlet's statement:
    “But I reject that call. I reject the notion that that I must choose the Dream or be lost to Nightmare. The forces that push us this way or that can be redirected. They can be set against one another to the detriment of both, and now I know how.”
    Last edited by Maarius; 2014-01-08 at 07:15 PM.

Maybe it's two expansions??

I strongly doubt its Primordus because it all just seems too good to be true. Anet releasing something so big? Lets be honest gais.

I will however say that i am quiet interested and curious to what it might be.