Page 1 of 19
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Something big is coming.

https://twitter.com/PersistentWorld/...16619825999872

Something more exciting than an expansion. What do you guys think it is?

I can't really think of anything that could be considered better than an expansion, but whatever it is, it must be rather impressive.

Deleted
    Didn't they already say they weren't doing any expansions and were just going to release regular content? :S

well the next 4 updates will be the conclusion of the Scarlet story, so maybe something after that?

that's Lewis B's twitter yes? He usually gets an inside look at GW2's features so I'm hopeful of what's to come.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Big". Hopefully something called endgame content that they seems to still have forgotten about.
    Aye mate

they haven't forgotten about it, it's just not what you want

Deleted
    lol at Mif's twitter xD

Something more exciting than expansion? Probably a false statement.

However... I'll share with you my tears of joy when Scarlet's arc is finally over.

although it's a bit cynical I had to laugh at the top rated comment on the reddit thread about this

Three blues and a green?

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    "Big". Hopefully something called endgame content that they seems to still have forgotten about.
    There is plenty of endgame content in gw2. If you're talking about raiding, where you are glued to your computer for 6+ hours straight I personally hope they do not invest any time or effort into that because it is content i'll never care to see. I personally really enjoyed the whole tower of nightmares events, and would like to see more along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    https://twitter.com/PersistentWorld/...16619825999872

Something more exciting than an expansion. What do you guys think it is?

I can't really think of anything that could be considered better than an expansion, but whatever it is, it must be rather impressive.
    I want to believe it's something great but Anet has a thing with overhyping stuff and so do the media people attached to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    This. I'd love a reason to log on to the game. None of these updates have been interesting in the slightest. SAB was cool but it only lasted about 45 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    This. I'd love a reason to log on to the game. None of these updates have been interesting in the slightest.
    Maybe for you. Kessex Hills has been on overflow on my server for months now, so someone is enjoying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    Maybe for you. Kessex Hills has been on overflow on my server for months now, so someone is enjoying it.
    Not exactly a valid argument to add more endgame content.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Lets all be completely honest, we all know that ANet likes to say things are bigger then they seem. However, if it's something better then an expansion, then im curious now matter how much of a lie that is.

When things like this are said, people start to expect their 40 virgins and golden palaces. ANet is not even the one saying it this time and they'll probably still get backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    What's better than an expansion as we know it? a free expansion! But yea as others have said, ANet didn't twit anything other than the fact that they're back from holidays... Some editor of some website is the only one "excited" about anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Lets all be completely honest, we all know that ANet likes to say things are bigger then they seem. However, if it's something better then an expansion, then im curious now matter how much of a lie that is.
    Well when it turns out to be a lie.. just remember, Anet didn't say that. Though it will be hard to remember something you don't care enough to read/know in the first place.
    Last edited by openair; 2014-01-02 at 11:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    What's better than an expansion as we know it? a free expansion! But yea as others have said, ANet didn't twit anything other than the fact that they're back from holidays... Some editor of some website is the only one "excited" about anything.
    This would be .. interesting. Rather interested to see how this develops despite not playing the game atm.

Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    Well when it turns out to be a lie.. just remember, Anet didn't say that. Though it will be hard to remember something you don't care enough to read/know in the first place.
    ANet will still make a post about this "big announcement" and overhype it though. I dont care much if it isnt a big announcement or not, if i see a patch im interested in i start to play, if not ill just and hope for an expansion.

How does a company selling a product overhype their product? Are they supposed to say; "Well, this is gonna be pretty okay. We guess."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    How does a company selling a product overhype their product? Are they supposed to say; "Well, this is gonna be pretty okay. We guess."
    I'll admit you have a point. Whenever Blizzard talks about future stuff they're very...enthusiastic about it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    I'm well aware the demographic for challenging content is quite small, but it's still a demographic that exists. Right now there is no challenging content in the game giving that demographic no reason to play. From a business standpoint, that's fine for Anet. I already bought the game a long time ago so they got all they're going to get from me. From the viewpoint of the minority that enjoys challenging games, it definitely rubs the wrong way. Whether or not my demographic is small, the immense lack of support leaves me with a negative view of the company and no desire to purchase from them in the future.

It's more of a courtesy and fan loyalty thing than anything. I have no expectations for them to get around to difficult content because the interest is such a small demographic, but Anet not taking any initiative whatsoever to do anything for the demographic tells me I should look elsewhere in the future. It reflects poorly on the company. I'd rather go with a company that cares more about its player base than getting the initial dollars out of me at launch and then doing nothing to support the game in a way that's relevant to me.