Deleted

What should be done about the BC zones?

So to start small, we have Ghostlands, Eversong, Azuremist and Bloodmist, as well as their respective cities, Exodar and Silvermoon. None of these zones has flying, as whenever you fly, the entire zones just fall apart. Do you think that these zones, as well as the cities, should be redone, to be in keeping with the rest of azeroth? There is a lot of possible story development to be gained from it. The Exodar could potentially be important in WoD, and it is about time that we saw some progress in clearing up Silvermoon after it was wrecked. It just seems neglectful to move on with the whole of azeroth, but to leave these four zones and two cities in the dust.

Additionally, there's the whole of Outland to think of. Considering that WoD will exist, re questing the whole area is an awful idea, since that area is saturated enough at the moment with work from Blizzard. Do you think that it should be made possible to entirely skip the continent, and it's sub par questing? The story is good, granted, but many players have already experienced it over and over. Should players be given a big xp boost to help them skip the zones faster, but still do them? Or do you like the continent, and think that it is a rite of passage for all players to have to experience outland? (Although that idea is out the window thanks to the 90 boost)

Discuss

Deleted
    No one goes there, so it's not necessary at all, but they might get tuned for flying the day they'll exploit this empty zone between Ghostlands and Stratholme.

Why waste time on zones that practicly no one uses?
    My dad once told me that aslong as religion existed, even I could make my own fantasy buddys

We won't be requesting, the areas come WoD are completely different except Nagrand.

Try comparing Shadowmoon Valley from TBC with WoD

Deleted
    So you think that because no one uses them, they shouldn't be made good, when that is the reason no one uses them to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    No one goes there...
    Absolutely not true. Shattrah on Moonguard is always populated by RPers, and the world PvP objectives are constantly being fought for.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am bummed that Horde is stuck with only one functional capital city. Arguably IF is a little better off than TB but ... ehh ... I dunno.

However, making SMC and the other random BC bits in Kalimdor and EK flyable wouldn't fix any of that.

Whenever I hit 58, I immediately hit Outlands for the first string of "Fly here" quests while queued for TBC dungeons. I pretty much do all of 60-68 purely through dungeon finder.

I don't think they need to do any revamping for Outland at all. Even if they add new content, I'll do it once on a character, and every alt I make will still be leveled up through dungeons as before since it's just plain faster.

Azuremist and Bloodmist are just some random islands off the west coast of Kalimdor, so they don't need to be touched other than maybe use Exodar elsewhere, since it can fly again. Quel'thalas is another matter, as it's part of mainland EK, has a rich history, and is the object of a political issue that's rich in potential future lore-events. I want Blizzard to use it again.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish Silvermoon was used more, or hell, update UC, I still prefer that as home when I play horde anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aus Nate View Post
    I wish Silvermoon was used more, or hell, update UC, I still prefer that as home when I play horde anyway.
    Just use SM. Nothing is holding you back from doing it.

SM is a nice looking city, and it's quiet and peaceful. Cannot fly? Not a problem, a chance to break out those ground mounts again for once.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

They're the only areas of the game I've ever been able to stand questing in. Leave them alone for the love of god :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    I agree with the OP, I think they should revamp them to make flyign possible. They should also redo Outland imo... it's terrible... Isn't the upcoming expansion the best moment to do that?
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

1. As stated before no one uses them for anything but sometimes leveling 1-20
    2. Silvermoon and Exodar are god awful in design.
    3. No IF is much better than TB
    4. Org is the only horde City and IF is better than all of them.
    5. New stormwind is stupid.

Ghostlands, Eversong, Azuremist and Bloodmist: You wouldn't be flying in them any way, unless you were travelling through, or randomly going there for basically pointless reasons, so what's the point in revamping the entire zone to allow flying?

Wasted effort in my opinion.

Silvermoon would take even more effort for a city almost no one uses it, although it is a beautiful and fantastic city, unless they add level 100 quests that involve it, it's still going to be empty.

Exodar is inside, flying mounts inside is awful, just look at Ironforge during Christmas, it's a clusterfuck of giant mounts, it's horrible, it's not as bad with Stormwind because it's open world.

They keep saying, they focus on the current content, that's why things are wrong, that's why Jaina has 10000 different models through quests, that's why Garrosh has four? models during quests etc, they won't update it.

In a perfect world, sure why not, it would be great, but it's literally not going to happen.
    Last edited by Toiran; 2014-01-03 at 01:51 PM.

They should update Exodar and Silvermoon and they should put all the services/portals/etc that SW/ORG offers in every city. Exodar and Silvermoon might be empty now, but that's because Blizzard purposefully funneled everyone into SW or ORG.